I am now..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I am now..
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #0
..the happy new owner of this (see below). Got it today, and already filled a big portion of of the 16 megs I have space. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

IMAGE(3660_bur.jpg)

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #1
Ugly thing. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #2
Du har inte peiling kjære nabo IMAGE(biggrin0.gif)

Looks neat...

--------------------
For Ancelot
the ancient cross of war
for the holy town of gods
Gloria, gloria perpetua
in this dawn of victory

The one and only StD!

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #3
Huh? Was that supposed to be swedish, or norwegian, or just random letters?

And TGM, havn't you put the pics on the Internet yet? IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #4
Seeing as the disease spreads from Norway, I'd say it was just mashing random letters. Also, no, the pics aren't up yet, I haven't yet found out how to adjust the settings to accept sending files to my e-mail, dammit.

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #5
I think you should show the pics to the entire community. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #6
Why do you want me banned, friend? IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

[ Wednesday, May 05, 2004 10:24: Message edited by: KommandoV ]

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #7
Rather nice, old chap.

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
IMAGE(ksmno000.gif) IMAGE(ksmki000.gif) IMAGE(ksma0000.gif)

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Streila Spies
Unbalanced Accounts
Inn of Blades
Echoes
Echoes: Assault
Echoes: Black Horse
Echoes: Pawns
Bandits
Echoes: Combat/Skirmish
Two Strands
Bandits II: Ballad of the Red Star
Roses of Reckoning (BoE)
Corporeus
The Claim
Roses of Reckoning (BoA)
Nebulous Times Hence
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #9
I have an intense dislike of all forms of new ideas for mobile phones. I'm one of those who believe that they have a use if you're short of bricks in a riot or if for some strange reason you wish to get in contact with somebody, but otherwise they should be ignored.

EDIT: As to the thing itself, I put forward the adjective garish.

[ Wednesday, May 05, 2004 12:28: Message edited by: The Articulated Ronald Dominator ]

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by The Articulated Ronald Dominator:

I have an intense dislike of all forms of new ideas for mobile phones. I'm one of those who believe that they have a use if you're short of bricks in a riot or if for some strange reason you wish to get in contact with somebody, but otherwise they should be ignored.
Exactly. IMAGE(tongue00.gif) Although I'm probably more inclined to be social. What I don't like is when girls tend to bring a particular phone to school, and it starts vibrating as soon as a teacher gets onto an important point in something, something that actually interests me. Then everybody looks over and laughs, and I look too pompous for just sighing silently. But that's OT.

I'm just too old fashioned to go for these gadgets, doodads (pardon me, wasp came in through my window, must deal), and wangbots.

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #11
I see no point in a cell phone. Why would I want to pay by the minute to talk to people when I'm not at home? I don't like people calling me when I'm doing something (which is always). So why make it so they can call you when your away from the phone? That and I just don't like phones.

--------------------
With his last breath he took in more power then any Guardian could hold, then with a scream of pain and furry he unleashed it all to form a barrier betwen the Mantia and the Darkness.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #12
I like my cell phone. Except when the stupid thing cuts out.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #13
Congratulations, TGM. Though that is one goddamn ugly Nokia.

Cell phones are handy (hah! joke!). Everyone needs a cell phone. If you don't need a cell phone, you must be a 72-year-old Frenchman living in Nizza. Trust me on this one.

Also, think about how easy it is to break up with someone, if you happen to own this fine machine! Just send him/her a message in the style (please use your own words, it will make it seem more sincere): "Eh...sorry Jim/Jill. It's over."

Ah yes, the blessings of technology.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #14
I prefer my phones without blood on them, thanks.

[ Wednesday, May 05, 2004 19:45: Message edited by: Custerbly Numb ]

--------------------
AnamaFreak (3:59:56 AM): Shounen-ai to the MAX
Misogynism is the wave of the future,
but it sure pisses the womenfolk off.

Shocking, isn't it?
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #15
I do not need a cell phone. This is because they suck.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #16
Thanks for the tip, Custer. And I was just wondering what to do with the spade I bought last year! Off to Africa, then. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

Imban, how about some petanque?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
I have a mobile phone because I need one, but I leave it switched off unless I'm expecting a call or making one.

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #18
Cell Phones:

Old Technology, Newer look.

Making Relations easier to break since (Insert year of cell phone invention)

Your one stop source for paperweights. Unless, of course, you have the extra light editions.

Makes a wonderful vibrator...

Yeah, I'm bored, tossed this in... needed something to say. If anyone can tell me when cell phones were first invented, please tell me. It'll be much appriciated(sp).

And congrats on getting that cell phone, TGM. Hope it doesn't wear out too quickly.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #19
Although I own a cell phone, it's largely useless to me. I rarely, if ever, carry it around with me, preferring to leave the dead weight sitting on my room desk. As such, I miss the vast majority of calls made to me. I will only very rarely return calls, and will generally ignore a call from my parents, even if I am in the room. Thus, my phone is perpetually filled with voice messages I will, in all probability, never even listen to, while my parents, despairing at their inability to contact me in weeks, consider calling the police and ordering a search for my dismembered corpse. My friends will generally shrug off my negligence, although they often gripe at the irony of my recorded message, which informs all callers that I will return their calls, "as soon as possible." IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

--------------------
Stughalf

"The death-knell of the republic had rung as soon as the active power became lodged in the hands of those who sought, not to do justice to all citizens, rich and poor alike, but to stand for one special class and for its interests as opposed to the interests of others."- Theodore Roosevelt, 1903.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #20
Late 80's I believe. All big and boxy-like.

Alec, where do you get all this importante info? You just pay attention to the news?

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #21
Oh, Christ, Alec, everything's drenched in blood. Are you seriously saying that you wouldn't buy a cell phone because it might have a bit of stolen metal in it that feuled a war? Do you buy nothing if it's not made in America with American parts, with no animal testing and a written guarantee that nobody's suffering was caused by the production of the product, indirectly or otherwise? How about, instead of denying money to people who sorely need it just because others might get it, you go to the source of the problem? I doubt that TGM's cell phone is the source.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #22
My cell phone is my only phone line. It has been very convenient to me over the last two years as I've moved from Indianapolis to Lexington, KY for my grad program, and now up to DC for work. I've kept the same number since I moved to Lexington, and so haven't had to worry about contacting everyone I know regarding a number change. Since just about everyone I talk to has a cell phone with free long distance anyway, the strange Lexington area code doesn't bother them.

My rate plan is about $40 a month. I would pay about the same price for a land line with comparable services (voice mail, call waiting, caller ID, etc.), but I would lose the advantage of mobility, which is a convenience most of the time and arguably vital in the case of an emergency, and I'd still have to pay six cents a minute or whatever for long distance. I can't dial in on my computer with the cell phone, but I get tons of time on-line at work, and someone somewhere in my apartment building has a non-password-protected wireless router anyway. If I don't want to receive calls, I turn it off. It's easy!
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #23
Let me get this straight, David - you are having a go at Alec because Alec refuses to invest in a product that goes a long way to funding terrible, bloody wars?

Wow. I'm sure glad not all Christians are just like you.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #24
I never thought you foreigners would understand. IMAGE(tongue00.gif)

Also, Weedy, this beauty of mine is not goddamnugly. I paid 325 Euros of it, dammit! IMAGE(wink0000.gif)

--------------------
- The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]

Pages