Artistic ambitions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Artistic ambitions
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #0
Decided to try creating a somewhat sane and interesting topic. There might have been topics like this before, I don't know. Here you go, anyway.

Does anyone of you write novels, short short stories or poems? How about painting (all kinds of different forms and techniques included)? Sculpturing or crafting? Dance? Musical interests and composing? Any other form of art ("art" is, after all, a very versatile word)?

Just being a curious, prying little fellow.

[ Thursday, December 18, 2003 04:27: Message edited by: Ironweed ]
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #1
I paint Warhammer models, and I feel that thats a form of art sometimes.
If you check around on the internet, you will soon find models thats painted in an incredible detail and beauty.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
I write some stories and/or fanfiction, and I take part in something called a World Development project, where we compile a compendium about a fantasy world that we invented. I also have just started online RP-ing. If that's not a form of creativity or art, I don't know what is. ;)

I tried to become a BoE scenario designer once, but it doesn't seem to work for me; any ideas I have tend to grow into enormity and then stay unrealized.

And I am about to start painting my first Warhammer 40k models I have just acquired. I didn't know that anyone else here was playing it. :D

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #3
I tend to be a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to the arts. I am a strong writer and a competent poet, but it's been quite some time since I've written anything that wasn't for school. In terms of painting, I'm reasonably proficient as well, although I've only tried my hand at non-oil paints and watercolors. While my drawing skills are likewise decent, I rarely draw seriously. I've never attempted serious sculpture, but I do work quite well with clays. I've made many statuettes for friends and family through the use of Fimo modelling clay, an excellent and versatile material.

In terms of dance, I'm quite strong at it despite being largely self-taught. I don't know many steps or dances, but I excel at what I have learned. I am especially good at tap dancing.

However, of all the arts, I am most well versed in the performing arts. I'm a trained singer, having taken around six years of private lessons in North Indian classical music. I also play the harmonium, an Indian piano-like instrument which singers use to accompany themselves. Due to time constraints I rarely practice, but I plan to return to a more rigorous practice schedule over the summer.

EDIT: 444 posts! My favorite number!

[ Thursday, December 18, 2003 07:06: Message edited by: Stughalf ]

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #4
I write a little bit of fanfiction and do a bit of RPing when I have the time. I play violin in an amateur orchestra consisting mainly of retired people and the occasional student. I also have a flute, though I haven't touched it in something like six months.

Other than that, not really. I'm currently fiddling around with a bunch of wires and ICs, trying to get them all to fit into as small a space as possible. If you can call that art.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #5
I write and draw. A lot. The pictures are bad, and the stories even worse, but I god damn enjoy it.
I also played acoustic guitar and trombone for many years, before losing interest in them, and changing to computers. Horray.
Now-a-days I use my sick and twisted mind in creating music with computers. You have heard "Silk", haven't you?

Well, that's not as low as I can go. Just wait 'til I have the money to buy a mic, and Cubase (have a synth already, and mom's teaching me to play it, now). Then, you'll hear the most wanked up hip-hop ever. :P

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #6
I am considering writing a short story or two to see if I am any good at it. I love writing in RPs. I didn't have any talent in writing until I came to this site. Go figure.

I can paint, though not as good as I would like. I once very well reproduced a painting by Mark Chagall for art class in school, though a few of the colors were off. Being a perfectionist has its good sides, though when painting, detail means a great deal to me and it may take me a while to do everything just right. A good long while. Maybe I will show you how the reproduction worked out. If I can find the scanned copy, I will insert it into this post through editing.

I love singing, and have been in two talent shows at school, though I messed up on the second one, I got a standing ovation in the first. I love singing to my favorite songs and wouldn't mind becoming a singer, if I could just get rid of my stage fright. My voice is a mixture of Cher, Trace Adkins, Patsy Cline, Alison Krauss, Alan Jackson, and Elton John. I sound somewhat like Darren Hayes, but I can't reach his high notes. I can match Celine Dion's and some of Mariah Carey's though.

I have a talent for acting, but the stage fright keeps me away from it. My bad short-term memory doesn't help either. I can memorize many movies from throughout the decades and act out certain parts of them, but the idea of being in a movie scares me. But what do you expect from a gay person. :D :cool: :P :rolleyes:

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #7
I would not laugh of a gay on stage, i mean Ian McKelen aka. Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, is gay.
But of course if it is your personal trauma or whatever, its your choice.
Or if you not really are gay, and is using it as an... Ur... Selfrageous insult... Well dammit! Im only 15!

I may submit one of my drawings up here, people in my class says that I am an incredible drawer...

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #8
It's McKellen, with two L:s.

And yes, he's gay. That he told us a while ago, and why would he have been lied? :P

--------------------
- The Great Mister
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #9
I write the occasional short article, around 500 words or so. The quality's low and the subject matter is treated in a tasteless manner, however.

Aside from that, not much of note.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #10
I write.. when I can. Most of my time I spent imagining and dreaming, but I can rarely put much down on paper.

I do have some stories (many, if you must) that are on my Elfwood page, and the rest on my homepage. Even though I'm Finnish, I practically never write in Finnish, I tend to form stories in English both in my mind and in my writing.

Of course, this surely doesn't mean I'm any good at writing in English. That's one of the reasons I can't write that much. I'm kinda like a perfectionist.. but too lazy to really work like that.

And I'm no good at anything else. Writing is my only talent :/. Not a very great future ahead of me, eh?

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #11
I plan on writing Echoes, but it seems that whenever I write a paragraph, I think of another way to cram more symbols and theobabble into it. Once I learn how not to do that, I'll probably produce a novel of some sort.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #12
I'm a decent writer, contrary to all evidence, and I can play recorder fairly well (no laughing!). I've won a handful of awards for black and white photography, but I haven't done any darkroom work recently.

My abilities in other visual and performing arts are, to put it nicely, probably able to be legally termed assault.

—Alorael, who has been paid to stop singing. That is quite an accomplishment if you look at it in the right light.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #13
I've been trying the master graphics art off and on for a while. One day I'll be able to create a picture that lives up to what my imagination can come up with.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #14
Alorael, I'm sorry, but I did laugh a whole lot at that. Everybody knows the recorder isn't an instrument, it's used to record other instruments. Or it can be used to add to the "perfect pitch" joke:

Q: What's perfect pitch?

A: Throwing an accordian into the dumpster and having it land on a viola that's already in there which is lying on top of a recorder just for good measure. HWA HAW HAW.

But I digress. I play piano, for those who didn't know already. I also enjoy drawing, but I'm pretty bad at it. I sing when I'm alone in the hopes that I'll someday become good enough to sing when I'm not alone.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #15
Okay lets see,

I am a really good singer, I am learning to play guitar at an alarming rate, I am really good with my hands (I can draw okay), I am a decent writter, and I can act really well.

I'd say I'm pretty good in all of the arts.

Though I do plan on starting a rock band in high school.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #16
IMAGE(http://staff.desperance.net/mboeh/img/sm5-your-wife.png)
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #17
Pixel art.
The viola.
Short stories.
Articles.
General prose.

Propaganda.

And that's about it. :P

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #18
The right side of my brain doesn't exist.
No creativity...at all :(

I do draw stuff on the computer though. Then I throw it in my Recycle Bin and delete it before it gets out anywhere.

I hate singing. What's dancing? Only write for homework and English class. Poems...well...only those that I can think up in a few minutes and those that rhyme. Don't do much else.

Oh, here's a drawing.
IMAGE(http://www.icehouse.net/lenochkac/spidweb/draw.jpg)

[ Friday, December 19, 2003 19:06: Message edited by: What's the name? ]

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #19
(This is a test, if no picture comes up, please tell me how to post pictures from my computer)
---
---
---
Ok, can't do it annyway, someone tell me how to post? (I got a mac)

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #20
To post a picture, you need to put it onto some web space first.

Whenever I feel creative, it takes me about two minutes with a pencil and a piece of paper for me to remember that I am not.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #21
"Does anyone here like art?" -Ironweed
"I paint warhammer models" -Master Chief, aka Sexually Transmitted Disease

If we were on IRC, this would be going to bash.org.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #22
I write computer games, does that count?

--------------------
Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heilighthum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder, was die Mode streng getheilt,
Alle Menschen werden Brüder, wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Pieter Simoons aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #23
Well, if the game seems artistic ... Are you the guy who wrote the civ II like game with magic and darkelves?

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #24
Considering it's all said in his sig..

--------------------
- The Great Mister

Pages