Which Spiderweb game would you like to live in

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Which Spiderweb game would you like to live in
Apprentice
Member # 3645
Profile #0
[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 19:12: Message edited by: Wraith ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=PxySjeHOZntD"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=PxySjeHOZntD"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(Which%20Spiderweb%20game%20would%20you%20like%20to%20live%20in1_dateien/votenow.gif)     IMAGE(Which%20Spiderweb%20game%20would%20you%20like%20to%20live%20in1_dateien/voteresults.gif)

--------------------
I pledge a grievance to the flag of the plighted stakes of America, and to the republics upon which it stands, one nation, playing God, blind and visible, with the illusion of liberty and justice for all
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
IMAGE(Which%20Spiderweb%20game%20would%20you%20like%20to%20live%20in1_dateien/oxao-1.htm)

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #2
IMAGE(Which%20Spiderweb%20game%20would%20you%20like%20to%20live%20in1_dateien/forfacef.htm)
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #3
Well, this is exactly like a favourit game poll. I wouldn't want to live in any of Jeff's games (no offense ) but if I'd had to pick one I'd choose...well...the Geneforge world.
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #4
Actually this isn't like a favourite game poll. I like the Avernum series best, but I would not want to live either in a cave or on the surface that is being actively ruined. I picked Nethergate.

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #5
Yet another falls for it... Exile and Avernium are THE SAME GAME!!!

--------------------
E=MC2 =Meaning of reletivity =meaning of life = Coke and Curry.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #6
One of the major reasons for playing fantasy RPGs is to escape the trials and travails of the real world and immerse oneself in an imaginary world as an imaginary personality. While these games allow us to experience adventure, suspense, and intrigue, there is the ever-present fact, the safety net, so to speak, that none of it is actually real after all. Making it all real would take absolutely all the fun out of it. Absolutely all of it.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #7
quote:Originally written by Sarabi Atar:
Yet another falls for it... Exile and Avernium are THE SAME GAME!!!Yes, but their worlds are not the same. It's a question of graphics, really. Would you rather live your life in 2D or 3D (well, not quite but you get the idea)?

[ Friday, December 12, 2003 03:46: Message edited by: Ironweed ]
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #8
I would want to live in SubTerra, of course. And have a pet munchkin.

--------------------
Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heilighthum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder, was die Mode streng getheilt,
Alle Menschen werden Brüder, wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Pieter Simoons aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #9
Avernum. THen, together, Geneforge and Nethergate (yet somehow that's descending order). I dunno about Exile, though it's not quite* the same game.

*:Whatever happened to that evil temple above the Nephil Fort west of Formello? It was never in Avernum...

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
xao

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #11
Sorry, but I have only ever played the games in the Exile Trillogy. At the moment, I have dropped out of the world of computer games. I don't know how long it will be before I am back in it again.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #12
This is an advert! (Read: This is spam!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to get into computer games, buy "Indiana Jones and the Emperors Tomb!
Extract from www.helpyourself.com:
"I bought IJATET, and now I play computer games 00:00 to 24:59! I got runny eyes, huge glasses, and no friends! I am sooo happy!"
- Douglas Jameson, Newport.

"If I din't buy IJATET, I would stil have been married to the nicest, coolest, richest, prettiest man that exist! Yay!"
- Anna Navera, New York.

"I never..." GET AWAY FROM THE GOD DAMN COMPUTER ARNOLD, YOU ARE NOT ALOWED TO POST FALSE ADVERTS!!! *Arnold walks away, and dies in a hole* God damnit! Im gona lose my job if this gets out! Lets see, changing, editing, ready!

MSW, start over in Avernum 3 (Or buy it if you don't have it), that helped me.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #13
exil2 be so fun live in have cool people and lesbian elspeth and nance, and absolutely faboulose patsy edd y in there

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 3452
Profile #14
I PROBABLY WOULD WANT TO LIVE IN AVERNUM WITH THE GIFTS AND I WOULD STILL RETAIN MY SANITY. WELL HOPEFULLY ANYWAY. I PROBABLY TRY TO SNEAK IN AND LIVE IN ERIKA'S TOWER FOR SAFETY FROM SCARY THINGS AND SOMETHING ELSE

PS: I SHOULD PROBABLY STOP YELLING SO LOUD AS IT STARTS TO HURT MY VOICE!!! There thats better.

[ Friday, December 12, 2003 16:31: Message edited by: caovhc1 ]

--------------------
Look!!! I have a signature!!! Drakefyre is the coolest!!!
Posts: 75 | Registered: Wednesday, September 10 2003 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #15
vyvnas lives!!!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #16
I would not want to live in Nethergate. Having people described as old while in their twenties is disconcerting.

I don't know enough about Geneforge Land to say anything, but Valorim seems nice enough. And hey, it produces skribbane!

—Alorael, who prefers E3's skribbane to A3's, so he'll have to go for Exile.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #17
One problem: If you see any redheads wearing khaki, you'd best to run. If you see any folks with blue hair wearing green-gray, you'd best to run fast.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #18
Yeah, I think the Avernum world would be best... I don't know, yellow ground and purple(ish) trees just don't do it for me, and... yeah... the whole old at 20 thing...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #19
I'd prefer Geneforge over Avernum, since you can actually move your legs in Geneforge.

[ Friday, December 12, 2003 21:32: Message edited by: Reality Corp. ]

--------------------
73|-| 1|\|\/1|\|<1|3|_3 |30063y|\/|4|\|

AHEM: Chance Forums!

-Reality Corp.
Warrior
Member # 3082
Profile #20
Definitely Geneforge... less repression there... just so long as I get to mess around with life. Barring that, set me up in Avernum. I'll find some way into the tower.
Apprentice
Member # 3520
Profile #21
quote:Originally written by Ironweed:
quote:Originally written by Sarabi Atar:
Yet another falls for it... Exile and Avernium are THE SAME GAME!!!
Yes, but their worlds are not the same. It's a question of graphics, really. Would you rather live your life in 2D or 3D (well, not quite but you get the idea)? No I dont get the idea, Exile and Avernium are just two names for the same thing, same file size same gamplay same graphics, so double to you too, unless you prove me wrong... Ahem did I just state the imposible?
(quoteth Kerion Gillen, the man who's ego somehow resembles mine)

--------------------
E=MC2 =Meaning of reletivity =meaning of life = Coke and Curry.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #22
Sarabi, the file sizes and graphics are certainly not the same. Are you sure that you have, in fact, played both games?

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #23
Living in Avernum would limit the amount of things one could say. Exile does not do this at all. Exile is simply Avernum without censorship

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
But in Avernum you can speak in full sentences, while in Exile you are restricted to only four letters at a time.

—Alor, who cant beli anyo woul want to talk like that. That woul cert put a crim in any conv you migh want to have.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages