Which Spiderweb game would you like to live in

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Which Spiderweb game would you like to live in
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #25
but following the exile rules for talking to ppl, only 4 letter words would count and thus you couldn't say 'who' or use punctuation.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #26
Hmm... Lemme see...

Geneforge: Slavery connotations, traditionist government, half population power-mad, and other half syncophantic. Serviles stabbing people in their sleep, mad barzites/takers/awakened ready to do nasty things. No thanks.

Nethergate: Either live in fascist dictatorship, or get burned alive. No thanks.

Exile/Avernum: War on minorities, plagues, loony fundies, loonier mages... Sounds just like home.

I'll probably pick somewhere in exile/avernum 3, many, many miles from the hellhole that is valorim and exile.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1360
Profile #27
Seeing that no Spidweb game has computers or toilets, I wouldn't want to live in any of them.

There are other things missing in them that I enjoy having in my life, but I don't feel like typing them out.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #28
Ok, ok, but if you were forced to live in one of those four, which would you choose?

I don't think the talking and moving things really apply... I'm sure if you could actually live in Avernum, you'd be able to move your legs, just as if you lived in Exile, you'd be able to speak normally. The only real differences between Avernum and Exile would be things like the Nephil fort.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Apprentice
Member # 292
Profile #29
There's no toilets? So that explains all the yellow flowers and those buckets full of soggy brownies.

[ Monday, December 15, 2003 10:22: Message edited by: Mfeta16 ]

--------------------
Ductape is like the force: it has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the unverse together.
Apprentice
Member # 3645
Profile #30
That's funny. You'd think a wizard would've solved that problem a long time ago.

--------------------
I pledge a grievance to the flag of the plighted stakes of America, and to the republics upon which it stands, one nation, playing God, blind and visible, with the illusion of liberty and justice for all
Warrior
Member # 1229
Profile #31
I've always preferred Geneforge over any of the other Spiderweb games... the world seems more detailed to me, but then again I've only actually bought Avernum 2, and I never had the patience to put up with the game engine in the Exile games. :-P

I'd want to live in the world of Geneforge... provided I'm the hero. :-P
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #32
Exile/Avernum is right out- either I'd be eating things in the wild, destroyed by plagues, or begging on the streets.

Nethergate is sorta nice as a game, but the government of Rome is far from virgin, and the fact that one wipes his/her ass with leaves...

Geneforge seems like a large place. Even if it's a large and corrupt government, the tech level reduces the risk of bubonic plague, the government can be incredibly decentralized de facto in certain localities, and the place isn't always torn apart by Vahnatai plagues.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #33
Avernum wouldnt be a bad place if you werent in the military and werent being attacked by the empire and didnt have to prove yourself to some weird-looking aliens. Geneforge 2 would be fun, too (as long as you had your trusty Shift-D...)

--------------------
No monkeyin' around at Chance :p

And that, my Leige, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. -Sir Bedevere

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #34
Ahh, Avernum probably gets better after A3. I mean, with all those mages, someone has to come up with modern conveniences eventually... if they're not too busy fighting...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #35
Ah yes, I know the perfect spot to put up a house on. Remember the little place in the southwest corner of Valorim, east of Krizan and Delan(or Delis, can't remember which was which), on the coast? When you walked there you bumped into a special message which told you something about salty water dotting your face and how the wind was blowing. Quite nice. That's the place I would choose.

EDIT: Oh my God, I'm being serious! Doctor! I need medical treatment! Fast!

[ Friday, December 19, 2003 04:14: Message edited by: Ironweed ]

Pages