Do you smoke?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do you smoke?
Warrior
Member # 3390
Profile #0
Answer to my poll, or The Devil will take your soul and molest it!

Also, if some of you have quit, share your experience. Was it hard? How many time you have failed? Did someone force you to quit or did you willingly?

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 42 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=lFKKOkDDJZGA"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=lFKKOkDDJZGA"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_windowIMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke1_files/votenow.gif)[/url]     IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke1_files/voteresults.gif)[/url]

--------------------
Call 1-800-NOT-1337
--------------------
Disturbing the dead since 1986.
--------------------
All your ass are belong to ME!
--------------------
NEVER underestimate your enemies
Never OVERestimate your friends
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Hm. I think I'll pick up a habit that's rather smelly, inconvenient, expensive, and ultimately unhealthy. Sounds good to me!

—Alorael, who goes into spasms of asthmatic coughing when in rooms with too many other smokers. He'd rather not find out what it's like to become really emphysemic.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #2
Yeah, I love rolling up little dried leaves, rolling them in a piece of paper, lighting one end on fire, and sticking the other end in my mouth! Especially when it's expensive, unhealthy, unattractive, and smelly, and it takes away my free will!

Smoking sucks. I can't bother to think of a more accurate description, so that will have to do.

As for the poll itself, you should have made an "I don't smoke" option in the age thing... Alorael and I voted 81+ so I guess that will have to be the "I don't smoke" option.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Incaseofemergency,breakglass.
Apprentice
Member # 3643
Profile #3
I don't smoke, but you're being a bit harsh I think. If people want to smoke, I think that's fine. I personally don't like it, but it doesn't bother me a great ammount when others do it. To me, being snobby about it is as bad if not worse than smoking itself.

[ Thursday, December 04, 2003 12:46: Message edited by: Oracle ]

--------------------
Don't ask the Oracle unless you're willing to get the slurred drunken truth.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #4
Wow, I'd like to start a habit that's unhealthy, unattractive, unneeded, stupid, and expensive![/sarcasm]

Smoking = bad

I voted for the last option on each question! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke1_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
I don't mind people who smoke marijuana. I do mind people who smoke cigarettes because they tend to do it in public, and as I said I don't handle it very well. How people choose to commit suicide slowly in the privacy of their own homes is their business, but when I suffer for it it makes me angry.

—Alorael, who doesn't even have terribly bad asthma. How many people pass out from asthma and second hand smoke inhalation? If it's one, it's too many.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #6
I have asthma and I've been smoking for nearly 7 years. I gave up for 2 months once, and then started again because I enjoyed it.
Yes, I actually enjoy smoking (cigarettes and marijuana) and I'm not going to justify it or apologise for it.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Warrior
Member # 3694
Profile #7
No, N/A, No.

Damnit, you stupid computer, don't you pay attention to a 'no' response? Sigh, fine, I will continue to start to smoke at the age of 81+ - and yes, I'm still only in my twenties.

--------------------
And that was exactly the point of itself.
Takes advantage of the easily offended.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
I don't mind people smoking per se, but keep it in private. (If someone is smoking in private and I happen to be in the vicinity, I up-and-leave.)

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #9
I dont smoke, and that is a miracle considering Chile has the highest rate of smokers per teenage pop.

Even though I dont smoke, all my cloth is impregnated with the cursed thing after colege.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #10
I started smoking at age 2, and the poll won't let me say so!

No, wait, I didn't start smoking at any age, and the poll won't let me say so.

I prefer not to be anywhere near someone smoking.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #11
Do I smoke what? :-p

I'm not fond of the flavor of most cigarettes. Clove cigs taste nice, but they're too unhealthy to be worth it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #12
Exactly what do you answer for the second question if you dont smoke?

--------------------
I AM TEH BOOGEYMAN CORP.

--------------------

And since the stupid link won't work, I'll use this one:
Chance Forums
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #13
I don't smoke. It's bad for yeh.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #14
Nor do I.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #15
I don't smoke.

Reality Corp.-The non-smokers have been voting for the 81+ option.

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Warrior
Member # 656
Profile Homepage #16
I also do not smoke and I hate it when people smoke in my vacinity. It makes me cough.

--------------------
*I am not a guest.
Posts: 127 | Registered: Wednesday, February 20 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #17
Who could possibly want their kids to smoke!?

NVM, I see Hinosu won't mind if his kids smoke.(See next post.)

Feel free to delete this post. I won't mind.

[ Thursday, December 04, 2003 16:56: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #18
I don't smoke. Some of my friends do. My dad does. Some of my brother's friends do. Some of my sister's friends do. Some of my friends' relatives smoke. I have nothing against smoking. I don't mind being around people when they're smoking. I won't start smoking. I don't care if my hellspawn, er, children start smoking. I think many of the nonsmokers act in ways which will do far more harm that second hand smoke. Cause while I don't smoke, their smug attitude pisses me off all the same. We all must die some day. So I say quite being an ass about it. Few can really get to enjoy life when a bunch of *******s keep telling them shtuff like "you can't do this, it'll kill you". What they need to do is make cigs less harmful. Then maybe people shut up about it.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #19
Yeah, I don't know, but slow and painful suicide doesn't sound all that appealing to me... I don't know how much enjoyment you can get out of life when your health gives out years before that of your peers, and you start coughing up your own lungs, all because you couldn't give up smoking after you started all those years ago... but anyway, I know one thing; even if smokers don't care about their own future, they should have the decency to care for the future of their children, other family, friends, and also the strangers walking by on the sidewalk, covering their faces to avoid inhaling the toxins. Many people are allergic to it, or have some other health problem, and whether or not smokers have the right to smoke, the people with health problems have the right to be safe from the smoke.

Also, about clove cigs, pot, anything: Whatever the effects, I can't understand why anyone, anyone, would want to inhale any kind of smoke. I accidentally inhaled a bit of smoke from a match once, and I felt sick for the rest of the evening, just from a little wiff of slightly concentrated smoke. The whole idea of smoking just seems revolting to me...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #20
1 match!?!?! That's sad. How come I can play around fires all the time and not be bothered by the smoke... f it. Anyway. If someone doesn't care about thier own health, why in the hell should they care about yours
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by xxo:

The non-smokers have been voting for the 81+ option.

quote:
Originally written by Zephyr Tempest:

Who could possibly want their kids to smoke!?
The no-children-for-life people have been voting for the smoking option for their kids,...right?

--------------------
I AM TEH BOOGEYMAN CORP.

--------------------

And since the stupid link won't work, I'll use this one:
Chance Forums
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #22
Hinosu: So can I; I never like woodsmoke, but I can stand it. I'm talking about a match close under your nose, and the smoke going almost directly from the match to your nostril. And I doubt you purposely inhale smoke when making fires or whatever, anyway; that's the whole point of smoking.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #23
Match smoke is rather noxious. In any case, you don't inhale pot or tobacco through your nose, anyway.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Hinosu:

1 match!?!?! That's sad. How come I can play around fires all the time and not be bothered by the smoke... f it. Anyway. If someone doesn't care about thier own health, why in the hell should they care about yours
By that logic, if I cut myself up with a razor, I'm perfectly justified in stabbing you up as well. No matter how "harmless" you may delude yourself into thinking cigarettes are, second-hand smoke is dangerous, and can kill non-smokers with repeated exposure. Do you understand that you're trying to justify murder? Do whatever the you want, no matter how detrimental to your health or vomitrocious it may be. Just do us all a favor and do it in your own goddamned home. Nobody else should have to die from your mistakes.

[ Friday, December 05, 2003 08:35: Message edited by: Schrodinger ]

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages