Do you smoke?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do you smoke?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #25
Now there, Siam Shade, I agree with you but I dont agree with your bad language. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/rolleyes.gif) You can probably make a point across without cussing, like politicians do. *Except for the fact that I never understood them anyways.*

--------------------
I AM TEH BOOGEYMAN CORP.

--------------------

And since the stupid link won't work, I'll use this one:
Chance Forums
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #26
- - - - - - o WHAM
- - - - - o POW
- - - - - - - o HORP

YOU HAVE BEEN PUMMMELED BY THE HORPING BALLS
Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #27
Horping...and that means what...? *Looks it up in a dictionary* ... ... ... *Doesn't find it, posts a reply*

--------------------
I AM TEH BOOGEYMAN CORP.

--------------------

Chance Forums
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #28
- - - - - - o WHAM
- - - - - o POW
- - - - - - - o HORP

FOR GREAT JUSTICE

--------------------
We were once Mao
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #29
- - - - - - o WHAM
- - - - - o POW
- - - - - - - o HORP

TAKE OFF EVERY NUT

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 3239
Profile #30
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif) *Lost in total confusion* IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Do you smoke2_files/confused.gif)

--------------------
I AM TEH BOOGEYMAN CORP.

--------------------

Chance Forums
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
context

n 1: discourse that surrounds a language unit and helps to determine its interpretation [syn: linguistic context, context of use] 2: the set of facts or circumstances that surround a situation or event; "the historical context" [syn: circumstance]

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

--------------------
I believe there are 15 747 724 136 275 002 577 105 653 961 181 555 468 044 717 914 527 116 709 366 231 425 076 185 631 031 296 protons in the universe, and the same number of electrons. -- Sir Arthur Eddington
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #32
Whining about swearing is stupid. The mods will eventually clean up the post, but trying to get TM to clean his language is like getting me to.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #33
I agree entirely, but how the hell did you manage to get around the automated censorsip there, TM?

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #34
He probably stuck tags into the middle of his words.

As an example:
Ba{b}{i}{/b}{/i}lls

Replace { with [, etc.

[ Thursday, December 04, 2003 20:10: Message edited by: Ineffable Saggery ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #35
I smoke and I rather like it. I am allergic to dust and have a chronic cough from a weak immune system. When I was a baby, my one babysitter left me in the shade and I got pneumonia. It weakened my immune system considerably and causes me to get sick easily. To tell you the truth, my cousin Wandie got me started in smoking because I was curious and she had cigarettes. She actually forced it upon me because every time I visited, she made me smoke. No meant nothing to her when I said it. And I was hooked on them. I currently prefer Monarchs, but I have tried many different cigarettes.

I found an odd coincidence though. Oddly enough, despite my chronic cough, which I had before smoking and chronic illnesses, I haven't been sick once since I started smoking once or more a day. I only smoke Menthol 100s and I am not allergic to the smoke in any way. I find that I tend to feel better after having a cigarette and so I refuse to quit. My mom blames everything on my cigarettes, but I have found that some of them stink much less than others. In fact, some of them smell good to me.

Any questions?

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #36
I didn't even know there was an autocorrect til today. That's just wrong. Death to the censors! Anyway. About the smoker's not caring about you health thing. They want to smoke. They don't care about the effects of smoking. Factories like to produce shtuff. They don't care too much about the means to achieve those ends(well til they're fined or shut down).

I don't see why they can't take out most of the harmful crap in cigs. They have shtuff in there that is in no way there naturally. They add most of the toxic stuff in cigs. If you ever saw the list of what's in cigs, you'd probably be sitting there thinking "wtf". But cigs have no ingredient label. This is probably cause of the massive 'these will kill you' label.

So there's nothing wrong with smoking if we could get that BS out of the cigs.

Sidenote: These should have been on the poll(these are for questions 2 & 3 and label with shift 0s and their #)...
2)I don't smoke
3)I could care less

Edit: I voted the youngest possible age on when I started smoking(cause I never did and never will, as opposed to setting a deadline on starting)

[ Thursday, December 04, 2003 20:49: Message edited by: Hinosu ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #37
I like my lungs. They have served me well, and I hope we will spend many happy years together.

Still, smoking has got some credits too. What about all those dark jazz-clubs with the musty smell of cigarettes hanging in the air. Dammit! If people would stop smoking, the whole culture would wither and die!

Those who value their personal health more than they value my liking of jazz-clubs, may (should) ignore my outburst.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #38
Never have smoked, never will.

Smoking does make you feel better, because some of the ingredients decrease anxiety. Unfortunately, it's also addictive and carcinogenic. And, IMO, one of the worser smells to hit my nose when I step outside.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #39
Gold and Milds smell good, but aside from pipe smoke, that's about it to me.

I've never been a fan of smoking, and I don't like to be in a room while people smoke, but I don't hold it against anyone.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #40
Seriously, and i mean seriously , selling cigs is like selling poison, that also affects other people! If you agree with me, post "Amen brother!" now! I dont smoke, i never will, i am alergic to cigs, i never even tried to smoke.
I HATE when people that smoke dont care if they are killing the people around them, "Killing me softly with cigaretes, easig the pain with propaganda". In Norway we have a law that forbid people to smoke on cafes, cinemas, restaurants. I LOVE IT! I actually almost took a happy howling dance when i heard of the new law!
I dont give a s.h.i.t (I swear, take it) if the smokers dont like it! Screw ya! smoking is so god damn stupid that i cant find a word for it!

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Warrior
Member # 1351
Profile #41
I dont smoke, and never will. Both my parents smoked. I say SMOKED in the past tense due to the fact that my father died of lung cancer, caused by smoking. My mum still smokes, it helps her to get through it, which is kinda ironic really.

--------------------
Spend your lazy, endless crazy days inside my head.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #42
I don't smoke, I never will, I never have, and every time I've been exposed to smoke -- tobacoo smoke, marijuana smoke, wood smoke, you name it -- I have spent the remainder of the day reciting rosaries in my special 'holy cot' -- so called because I have had it sanctified by practicioners of every religion that sees fit to poke its head here, and sometimes, as I recite these purging rosaries, I regret I could not have it sanctified more.
When I meet smokers, my trigger finger itches, and it is clear I am a man on the edge when they approach. If they have the gall to speak to me, the authorities will never find the body.
I have voted on laws against the ability to smoke in public, in private, in abstract, and in literature, despite the fact that I am far too young to vote. And also that I was only allowed to vote once each time, having voted once for each baby killed in the modern holocaust of nicotine.
My usual policy of punching smokers who I had the misfortune of meeting more than once was somewhat hampered by a recent encounter, the poisoning devil being in a wheelchair. You see, I make a policy of punching them in the face right off the second time. As this poor man was in a wheelchair, I was punctured by a moment of doubt. Then I realized that he probably did it to himself.
As a compromise, I kicked him in the nuts, and when he fell out of his wheelchair I kicked him some more for poisoning babies/the earth/my loved ones.
Conventional wisdom would have you not doing such things to your grandparents, but I am a man on a crusde.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #43
You can do whatever you want with YOUR lungs, just leave mine alone.

I think that's a pretty good policy.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #44
*agrees with TM*

I have never smoked, never will. I have nothing against smokers, as long as they keep away from me when smoking.

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #45
Alec, you is the man.

Also, I don't smoke, but almost all of my friends do. So I'm killing myself all the time I meet them.

--------------------
- The Great Mister
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #46
Smoking is a beautiful thing. Everyone has to die sometime and at least I'm choosing the way I go.
Anyway, you're far more likely to get hit by a car than to get lung cancer from passive smoking. In fact, you're more likely to get lung cancer from car exhaust fumes so unless you live in an oxygen tent you're pretty much screwed anyway.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #47
I'm not a smoker, but I have no problem whatsoever with others that do (most of my friends have smoked at one time or another, many still do).
I think the dangers of passive smoking have been greatly overrated. I don't support the banning of smoking in public areas (I support the idea of giving smokers special areas). Smokers have an addiction, and it's not going to be helped by anti-tobacco lobbies hounding them day and night.

--------------------
KazeArctica: "Imagine...wangs everywhere...and tentacles. Nothing but wangs and tentacles! And no pants!"
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #48
I am only willing to tolerate the complete abolition of all tobacco smoking everywhere. Portraying smoking in a positive light in the media should be illegal. Portraying it in a negative light should be too, and so should mentioning it. Also, tolerating smoking makes you a traitor who deserves to be shot.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #49
Tobaco adverting is bullsheyt, pure bullsheyt. I am totaly against any positive adverting for tobaco, and i would love to work with anti-smoking campaigns.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849

Pages