Shaping Spawners

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Shaping Spawners
Apprentice
Member # 16546
Profile #0
The rebels should be able to teach you how to shape spawners. There should be many diferent levels of spawners that shape diferent creations. All of the creations shaped by them should be weaker than the ones you can shape normally and shoud not be able to be controlled at all and the spawner should have a tendancy to go cazy and turn on you that goes down the higher your level at shaping them is. They should be fixed in position and you should be able to have only one out at a time. The spawners should also be able to have about 5 living creations at a time and the spawner should have lmited essence but there should be spells to restore their essence. The spawners should also have only a small amount of health and they should die when you leave the area. Jeff shold feel free to change my idea n any way if he uses it. I hope you all like my idea. :)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
It's because spawners don't move that they aren't included for players. After all why create something that sits in one spot when you have to move around. Even its spawned creations would be clustered there so you would have to lure anything you want to kill back to the spot.

There was a discussion once about modifying the spawner script where it's motion was changed from 0 (zero). The reaction at having a spawner chase a player was hilarious.
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #2
Well, you could make one as close to a boss as possible, giving it mild use.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Originally by Randomizer:

quote:
There was a discussion once about modifying the spawner script where it's motion was changed from 0 (zero). The reaction at having a spawner chase a player was hilarious.
Good times.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #4
Shaping spawners would proubaly only be implemented if, in GF5, we were able to have our own base. Personally I think that would be awesome. Decked out with your own spawners, mutated guards, shaping vats, an enchanted anvil or two..... :)

--------------------
All men are born condemned, so the wise say. All suckle the breast of Death. All bow before the Silent Monarch. That Lord in the Shadow lifts a finger. A feather flutters to the earth. There is no reason in His song. The good go young. The wicked prosper. He is king of the Chaos Lords. His breath stills all souls.

- Shadow Lingers
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #5
This idea is one i have pondered for a long time. Will the spawners move? will they be limited in power? I think that having a level all to ourselves would be sweet. In fact in geneforge 4 i have made shaper monarchs underground cave where he kept the titan my base. My stash is hidden there, and in the level above that one my creations patrol the tunnels. Its the most defendable place on the game. And my massive Ur-Drakons are my personal bodyguards. GREAT IDEA

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious).AND IF YOU TRULY WANT A GREAT GAME TO PLAY TRY OUT. www.ikariam.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #6
Spawners also need an essence pool, which takes a while to grow. And possibly a power spiral. And shaping platforms. It's really not something that would be of any use to an adventurer.

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Apprentice
Member # 16546
Profile #7
What about a spawner with legs or phycic powers like a vlish so they can hover that have been expirimented with until they could be shaped with essence reserves that are replenished by going back to a town or casting a spell on it that restores some essence.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #8
All the Geneforge games already include player-controlled mobile spawners.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 12720
Profile #9
so the player is spawner? :P
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Corrupted One:

Shaping spawners would proubaly only be implemented if, in GF5, we were able to have our own base. Personally I think that would be awesome. Decked out with your own spawners, mutated guards, shaping vats, an enchanted anvil or two..... :)
I really hope for some ability to make a base. Every so often, you have to defend it. It would really help to define the glory of the shapers or the perils of the rebels, or whatever you wanted it to. I doubt Jeff will read this, and if he does, he probably won't or can't include this, but if he did, it would make my day!
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #11
Even though I doubt Jeff will make it part of the actual game, it would interesting as a minigame.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Apprentice
Member # 16848
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Shaper Colin:

What about a spawner with legs or phycic powers like a vlish so they can hover that have been expirimented with until they could be shaped with essence reserves that are replenished by going back to a town or casting a spell on it that restores some essence.
There's a very line line between genius and insanity. You crossed that line waaayyyy back there.
Apprentice
Member # 16546
Profile #13
Shapers are always experimenting with creations they could come across something that would allow you to make a spwaner float or have legs. I am not talking about the ones that look like a green spiral i am talking about the boss ones that have a body and a head but for some reason no legs.
Apprentice
Member # 15228
Profile #14
Actually, the roots on the coffee mug style spawners could easily be converted into legs, thus allowing the spawner to at least drag itself along. these would be slow and vulnerable, but would provide an interesting gameplay element. they'd also be great as comedic relief, like Monty python mixed with Geneforge. (which is a rather scary concept really)

--------------------
To speak the truth one must first see it through both eyes.
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #15
I think floating Unbound spawners would make a great boss. They could chase you. Plus, eventually you'd have an army of Unbound after you.

--------------------
This is a link to an awesome game: http://s1.battleknight.us/index.php?loc=hire&ref=ODAxOQ==
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #16
But completely game-breaking.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #17
True enough. But a great challenge on Torment for we older players. I know that sounds strange coming from somebody with 6 posts, but I've been hooked on the Geneforge games since the early 2000's

--------------------
This is a link to an awesome game: http://s1.battleknight.us/index.php?loc=hire&ref=ODAxOQ==
Warrior
Member # 9099
Profile #18
I remember several years ago when I first played GF1. I came across ( the first shaper captured by the sholai I am not even going to attempt to butcher his name) and looked at how he had made the temple his own. I could not help but be envious. Obviously he was much more skilled then we were ( we are an apprentice receiving our first assignment without an ounce of power) so we could not logically be able to do what he did. But I would really enjoy it if Jeff found a way to implement deffending and customizing your own area in GF5. Shaping vats to produce guards, growing essence pools bringing in the necessary material to make power spirals while trying to get your mechanics skill high enough to properly put them together all the while raising your shaping skill high enough to make the 3 diiferent varieties of 3 tier spawners...

--------------------
All men are born condemned, so the wise say. All suckle the breast of Death. All bow before the Silent Monarch. That Lord in the Shadow lifts a finger. A feather flutters to the earth. There is no reason in His song. The good go young. The wicked prosper. He is king of the Chaos Lords. His breath stills all souls.

- Shadow Lingers
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #19
Until I joined these fourms I had never thought of that, but it is a rather fun sounding idea. Not that I really expect Jeff to put it in G5, but still a great idea.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #20
You start your base by finding an abandoned house. You shape a servile to start fortifications. You then make essence pools and a servant mine with a power spiral (to control the serviles and defenses) you can shape more creations and leave all but 8 in the control of the Mind. You can send for merchants to come to your fortress. Eventually, you can shape crystals into pylons and whatnot. Then you have to defend your fort when the enemy breaks through the front line, pushing it back to your and your allies fortresses.
Just some ideas to be tossed around, I really like this type of thing.
Apprentice
Member # 15228
Profile #21
I'd love to have a base, but the tricky bit would be customizing the layout and style of the base. I've always wanted to have a servant mind, serviles and ornks. in my opinion even rebels should be able to make serviles, because its only Immoral if your mean to them. ornks would be mostly useless, but they're cool any way. Rebels should be able to construct canister making facilities. I'd also like to get my own set of shaper/lifecrafter minions to make creations for me without depleting my own essence. The one thing that bugs me most about the Geneforge games are that you're always a pawn, a very important and powerful one, but still a pawn. Bases would give you at least a small chance to be in control, to command instead of follow.

--------------------
To speak the truth one must first see it through both eyes.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #22
But the problem about being in command though is it takes away from the story. You're no longer in the thick of the action.

--------------------
Ornks, Guac, Gazers. 'Nuff said.
=:T:=
Apprentice
Member # 16812
Profile #23
And if you had a canister making facility, you be a god character as soon as you had a base. Ya'll are right, it would be a game-breaker.

[ Thursday, April 24, 2008 09:31: Message edited by: Gandalf the Purple ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 17926
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Shaper Colin:

The rebels should be able to teach you how to shape spawners. There should be many diferent levels of spawners that shape diferent creations. All of the creations shaped by them should be weaker than the ones you can shape normally and shoud not be able to be controlled at all and the spawner should have a tendancy to go cazy and turn on you that goes down the higher your level at shaping them is. They should be fixed in position and you should be able to have only one out at a time. The spawners should also be able to have about 5 living creations at a time and the spawner should have lmited essence but there should be spells to restore their essence. The spawners should also have only a small amount of health and they should die when you leave the area. Jeff shold feel free to change my idea n any way if he uses it. I hope you all like my idea. :)
What about Spawners making spawners which make creations? Haha, I'd love it if a Mind was able to control this master spawner and made its' AI work.

Oh, and if ANYTHING was real...
1:You wouldn't be able to make Rothrizons, Drakons or War Thralls. Or at least Uber-strong ones. Perfected ones require loads of time growing in a Shaping Vat.

2: All illegal stuff would be 100% banned*. All new stuff wouldn't just poof to you in a second. They would probably decay over time(rothrizons + eyebeasts are actually pretty new, but considering the years, their stability might have increased a fair bit)

3:Crystals are limited, you are not going to be able to find so many crystals to power your pylons nor would you have enough time to grow and nurture an Essence Pool or a Health Pool.

*This just makes me think that some shapers are trying to be funny and shaping some Drayks they cannot control. :D

Pages