Really anticipated ideas for A5??

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Really anticipated ideas for A5??
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #0
I just was in Spiderweb main page, and I realized that A5 is already being planed.
The last time i got in the page it said that after G4 the company will take a rest but I see that they changed their minds...
If there is gonna be an A5 I really want it to be like the old avernum Style, not like genevernum4 style... :rolleyes:

Wow it's been long since my last post here...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by chicho1102:

Wow it's been long since my last post here...
Welcome back, chicho. It has definitely been a while... and just so you know, you missed this thread, where most of the A5 stuff has gone.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Welcome back. Some of your fears have been addressed by Jeff.

We are still waiting to see the actual results.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
It's all been talked over before, but Jeff really is trying to get the best of both worlds (Avernum and Geneforge) into A5, and his list looks like a good one.

—Alorael, who likes the old Avernum engine a lot. A4's engine was good enough to spark pages and pages of discussion even though the plot wasn't worth talking about. That's a good sign for the engine.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8011
Profile #4
personaly, I beleive the exile style (woo it rymes) better. It was easier to remember where to go, and to follow maps.

--------------------
That's good stuff! (Hic.)
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #5
Thanks I obviously haven't seen that...
Good to see that someone remembers me...this last times have been quite qeird and now that I'm on vacation i have even less time for thinking in posting here :D

G4 was quite cool for being Geneforge...the plot is quie more interesting...Isn't it the first game where the player beggins as a rebel??

But weel that don't belong here...
I see that Alorael still is here and haven't got short of freshly invented nicknames ;)

So A5 will be based in a new area of Avernum??? wow I always wanted that...I always dreamed with that!!! :eek:
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by chicho1102:

G4 was quite cool for being Geneforge...Isn't it the first game where the player beggins as a rebel??
Yes. Jeff actually wanted to do that in GF3, but by the time he realized it, it was a bit too late to reverse it.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #7
By Nioca:
quote:
Yes. Jeff actually wanted to do that in GF3, but by the time he realized it, it was a bit too late to reverse it.
That was my biggest turn-off when I was considering buying the Geneforge series. The description for each game read exactly the same.

--------------------
"Did you sleep good?"
"No, I made a couple of mistakes."
- Steven Wright
Apprentice
Member # 8177
Profile #8
I would love to explore the deeper Slith caverns. Is Bahaslavakia (can't spell it) the main Slitherizakai city or the entire cavern they live in?

Vahnatai PCs would be cool. Jeff has the graphic models for them.

Other than that, just expand the universe! More caves. More strange denizens. More crazy factions, good or evil.

--------------------
When this girl at the art museum asked me whom I liked better, Monet or Manet, I said, "I like mayonnaise."
She just stared at me, so I said it again, louder. Then she left. I guess she went to try to find some mayonnaise for me.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Originally by Shadestorm:

quote:
I would love to explore the deeper Slith caverns. Is Bahaslavakia (can't spell it) the main Slitherizakai city or the entire cavern they live in?
Blades of Avernum has two scenarios that do exactly that--Bahssikava and Exodus.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #10
I think that A5 should be like A4.It have good graphics but little PCs.I hope than in A5 they put more PCs.

--------------------
The revenge is only a wild way of justice.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #11
Another usefull thing should be the posibility of craft your own items (like G3 and G4).It will be usefull a lot,that was the thing than I liked from G3.

[ Sunday, March 04, 2007 07:24: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #12
IN A4 the surface portal is broken so you can't use it.A very good stuff in A5 should be than the game happens both in avernum and the surface like A3.
I have a LONG list of good ideas for A5.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #13
A better idea should be that you can go both surface,avaerum and vanhatai caves, and the Shadestorm idea of a vanhatai PCs is very good.

I have limitless ideas and their number increase by minute.

[ Sunday, March 04, 2007 07:45: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Originally by Blake81:

quote:
I have limitless ideas and their number increase by minute.
Well, please put them all in one post (either all at once or editing them in) instead of posting multiple times in a row.

Dikiyoba.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #15
The problem is that my ideas are like lightnings,they come,I see them for a minute and before I forget them (I have a BAD BAD BAD memory).Well,what do you think of the crafting idea?

[ Monday, March 05, 2007 10:30: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Blake81:

Well,what do you think of the crafting idea?
Ick I loved Avernum having a lot of Items to look for, not those stupid recipes and ingredients that in fact have little or no sense, that may be cool for geneforge, but please leave Avernum as less geneforgized as possible, considering that A4 had a serious case of the geneforge-virus...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #17
Personally, I'm not averse to the whole idea of crafting, it just needs some refining. Preferably, no more swamp nodules and such ever again.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #18
Ephesos is right, looking for swamp nodules,icy geodes,glowing basalt is only a big headache(I say a BIIIIIIIIIIG one).As far as I know G3 is more popular than G1,G2,A3 and BoA together.The crafting was the best part of G3 and I hope than in G4 too.In A4 there is ONLY ONE place for make enchanted items and ONLY TWO characters that make wands.I think that the crafting is a better option because you can create your stuff whenever you want.

[ Tuesday, March 06, 2007 10:23: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I like crafting too, but I question the assertion that G3 was more popular than four other games combined. In fact, I'd be surprised if G3 were much more popular than A3 alone.

—Alorael, who doesn't even know what that false statistic contributes to the discussion. Crafting is nice. A3-style augmentation or G4-style addition and item creation are good stuff. More would be great regardless of how well other games sold.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
The part about it selling better than A3 is certainly false; Jeff has said that the Geneforge series doesn't sell nearly as well as the Avernum series.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #21
quote:

Well,what do you think of the crafting idea?
I say leave it in the GF series where it belongs, and bring back potion making. I miss being able to take a swig of home-brewed heroic brew (or knowledge brew, for that matter.)
quote:

I have a BAD BAD BAD memory
Join the club. As the cliche goes, I'd forget my head if it weren't attached. How true it is some days, too.

[ Wednesday, March 07, 2007 07:34: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #22
Realy the numbers are bad?Hmm...The data must be broken or Dante(the friend mine that gave me the stadistics)is a lier.Well now than I think,he EVER was geneforge fan.
I think that the potion making is usefull too but the crafing is better,I working in a way for use crafting in BoA,is realy hard work but it will work(I hope).

[ Wednesday, March 07, 2007 09:23: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #23
Why would your friend know anything about the comparative successes of Spiderweb games? Jeff occasionally hints at the games whose sales numbers are spectacular (A4) or lackluster (Nethergate), but he's never really given solid data.

—Alorael, who is happier without alchemy. It's a skill that you can easily get by without, but having it eventually enables you to get more skill points. That's just a balance nightmare.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #24
I have some trust in Dante.He knows the internet better than his hand palm.I must not say this at forum but he is a ``six letters word that starts with h and end in r´´ and he lives online(I hope don't make angry anyone with this).

--------------------

Pages