Really anticipated ideas for A5??

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Really anticipated ideas for A5??
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #25
I have some trust in Dante.He knows the internet better than his hand palm.I must not say this at forum but he is a ``six letters word that starts with h and end in r´´ and he lives online(I hope don't make angry anyone with this).He EVER provided me of info about the games and the 93% percent of it is true.

--------------------
The revenge is only a wild way of justice.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #26
What about the idea of the house I think that is usefull because in A4 you have to train strength only for have your alchemical ingredients,your wands,your javelins and so on in you inventory.

[ Thursday, March 08, 2007 11:02: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #27
I was playing A4 and I got the next question.¿What happens with the efreets,the nagas and the hydras;There is not any in A4.What happented,extintion,mass killing or what.Or only JV get tired of them.

[ Thursday, March 08, 2007 10:56: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #28
Blake, please stop posting several times in a row like that, it's very... forget it. Nevermind. Not worth it.

I think the absence of hydras was more owing to the lack of decent graphics for them at the time of A4's release. But honestly, they would've had just the same potential to turn chitrach-y as anything.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #29
Huh..hehe I have to post them because I posted one of them TRIPLE and I know how much uds dislike it,sorry.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
Don't click the Add Reply button more than once and you won't get quadruple posts. I still don't see what expertise with computers and the internet have to do with knowing Spiderweb sales data, but I guess I'll let it lie.

—Alorael, who doesn't think houses for sale are especially useful. They're nice for flavor, but they don't do much when items are saved everywhere anyway. Besides, if A4 follows G4's generally liked system of encumberance for equipment only, strength will no longer be necessary for hauling loot.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #31
quote:
Originaly writted by Decalorael:
Besides, if A4 follows G4's generally liked system of encumberance for equipment only, strength will no longer be necessary for hauling loot.
I liked that freature too,in fact it saves a lot of skill points.I hopethat A5 have it too.

[ Friday, March 09, 2007 13:48: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #32
All we need now is unlimited inventory and more magic ring slots.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #33
That a great idea!!!Why only wear one ring when you have five fingers in both hands?The idea of the infinite inventory is very good too.

[ Friday, March 09, 2007 16:00: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #34
Actually, it's because each ring has a delicate magical aura that would be disrupted by other rings. The real reason is that it would make your characters horribly overpowered. Maybe an insanely difficult side quest/puzzle for the infinite inventory.

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by The Doctor Strange:

The real reason is that it would make your characters horribly overpowered.
Or else rings would all have to be made 5 times weaker, which would just make inventory management annoying.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
I've actually thought that it would be interesting to have a game in which you can wear ten rings, but each ring can only be worn on certain fingers. When you've got one that can go on any finger of your left hand, one that can go on either thumbs or little fingers, one that can go on any finger as long as two identical rings are adjacent to it, and a pair of rings that must go on the ring fingers of both hands, what to use becomes a puzzle.

But probably not an interesting puzzle so much as a headache, which is probably why nobody does that sort of thing.

—Alorael, who also always wonders why nobody gets to wear mismatched enchanted gloves or boots. And why never earrings? Or how about getting some piercings to fit more hardware for more bonuses? No real adventure values esthetics over the chance to get +1 damage when attacking marmosets of unusually flighty disposition.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #37
I think the amount of clever inventory management that goes on in a game like, say, Angband is complex enough without adding 8 more equipment slots. :P

(Might and Magic III actually did let you wear up to 10 rings, but your inventory space was so small that with a full complement of equipment you'd be left with no space in which to actually carry stuff.)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #38
Inventory management in Angband isn't complicated. You just have a whole lot of slots for equipment, and once you start getting artifacts you'll have a lot of abilities to mash into each slot.

—Alorael, who thinks it's about time to start Rangband. Ten rings don't have to be just a dream! And it's not like anything else exciting is being done with with or two vanilla Angband right now.

[ Friday, March 09, 2007 22:49: Message edited by: Decalorael ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #39
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons once explained that mix and match gloves and boots caused problems, For instance one boot of speed would cause that side of the body to move faster than the other causing instability. Same with the eyes of the eagle where it would be like a mismatched eyeglass prescription.

I did play a game where a player got the gamemaster to allow him to use 10 +3 rings of protection at once with cumulative effects. Great armor class, so he got hit by spells all the time.
Apprentice
Member # 7111
Profile #40
Or how about like in Heroes of might and magic 3?
When you wear GREAT artifact, you get locks.
When you have a lock, you cant equip any more stuff into the slot, which has the lock...
Hope Yar understand.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Decalorael:

Inventory management in Angband isn't complicated. You just have a whole lot of slots for equipment, and once you start getting artifacts you'll have a lot of abilities to mash into each slot.
Well, it's the mashing that's the complicated part, now isn't it? In a typical game my home very quickly filled with gear to swap in and out so I could optimise my AC and damage while still keeping at least the minimal necessary set of resistances.

(Also, on the subject of rings, I think there are some Angband variants such as ToME which let you wear more than the usual number of rings when polymorphed into a different form, at the price of not having all of your normal equipment slots.)

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #42
ToME does very strange things to inventory, but it does strange things to just about all aspects of Angband. I have a healthy respect for it, but I mostly play Vanilla. It's a slightly more thought-intensive version of Tetris, really, and I don't want to have to think about character optimization with a complicated skill system.

—Alorael, who also fills his home with clutter. It's not usually hard to decide what to wear and carry, though. Some mods are essential, some are extremely helpful, and some are gravy. By the time you have the essentials covered, it's usually clear which extremely helpfuls fit. Then you probably end up with the odd feather fall or slow digestion because Angband is like that.
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #43
Well at least 3 or 2 ring(like Diablo and Diablo II)should be better than only 1.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #44
Logic has nothing to do with it; RPG rules are only concerned with game balance, sometimes to humourous effect. Consider a fifty-pound boulder thrown at a two and a half foot tall gnome wearing full plate armour. Boing!

--------------------
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.
- Steven Wright
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #45
All right, maybe two rings. But it still won't happen. Hey, maybe there should just be two "Accessory" slots that anything random can fit into. Earrings, two rings, and finally a wearable cloak clasp!

Ha. Have fun with that one, suckers.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #46
What about magicals socks? Just think in it...a great artifact:
Socks of the pest:
-envenoms weapons
-acid and poison resistance: 25%

And I remembered something: what happened with those cool Mind-crystals?? They were like canisters in some way...I hope that those crystal appear in A5...
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #47
They are gone, along with the abilities. :(

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 8176
Profile #48
[quote=Dark Mage
And I remembered something] what happened with those cool Mind-crystals?? They were like canisters in some way...I hope that those crystal appear in A5... [/quote]I was making the same question...What happented with the mind crystals?They don't appear in A4 and BoA.

[ Saturday, March 10, 2007 15:39: Message edited by: Blake81 ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Blake81:

I was making the same question...What happented with the mind crystals?They don't appear in A4 and BoA.
I could swear that there were some mind crystal things in A4. They weren't items, though... they were just crystal terrains that taught you things.

As for BoA... nobody's deemed them worth recreating yet. That, and most scenarios' settings don't work well with mind crystals. Bahss, Exodus, bits of E:R, and the Za-Khazi Run are the first exceptions to leap to mind.

--------------------
Thuryl: "Runescape: for people who are too stupid to save their games."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

Pages