Inner Keep problems

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Inner Keep problems
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #0
I have been repeatedly trying to get to the northwest private chambers of Lord Rahul and Lady Anjali -- but the guards there attack me. From reading the posts here, it sounds like everybody just gets the Guardian Claymore with no problems.

I have Leadership of 11 and even tried boosting it to 12 to talk to Rahul again. When I ask for supplies, he still says something like "I ain't fetchin' 'em for ya" and implies if I use ingenuity I can find what I need. Uh.... okay. But my ingenuity is tapped out.

Did anyone else have this problem? If not, what did you do to get the items in the northwest chambers? I'm curious whether I need to fulfill the quest to talk to Greiner first?
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #1
You aren't supposed to get these items until much, much later.

If you don't mind a little cheating, you supposedly can enter combat mode, haste yourself and rush into the room, closing the door behind you before the guards notice. (Apparently, only 1 of the guards raises alram, the rest just ignore you. So you have to time it so that that particular guard can't see you sneaking in.)

[ Friday, July 22, 2005 12:36: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #2
Try using creations to block the patrolling guards from going back there, and move in combat mode so the remaining guard doesn't see you. I do it in two trips, one to get the Drayk canister (E), and a second to get the Claymore (W)

[ Friday, July 22, 2005 12:37: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
You have to sneak up and get the claymore. First wait untill the blue guard has ran off into the other room (Only one guard matters, the one patrolling the main hallway leading to the enterance of their personal room), then enter, get the stuff from there, open the second room, kill the two Ur-Ghlaak, and get the other stuff. Run out andrepeat, but this time wait for the guard to be right otuside their bedroom before sneaking off to enter the other room.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #4
There is only one gaurd who triggers going hostile if he sees you and he patrols back and forth between the two directions pausing briefly at both ends. You just wait for him to walk by then go the direction he came from, and close the door behind you so he doesn't see you when he comes back.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #5
These are all great ideas! When I got freed up last night, I gave 'em a whirl. Failed, but it was fun to create 7 fyoras and strew them about. heh heh

I've noticed I have trouble being sneaky. I have a flair for getting caught. It took my agent a couple of tries to get the necessary stuff from Lankan's place to fulfill other quests. When I played the Guardian, I never could get any of it.

Wouldn't it be nice to cast "invisible" to last a short while for those of us challenged in the ways of infiltration? :-)~
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #6
Wanted to add something -- maybe a little off topic to this thread -- but I found the guardian so difficult to play in G3 that I stopped that game and started with the agent. In the past -- G1 and G2 -- I've most enjoyed shaper and agent, but I didn't think the guardian was as tough to play.

I still have the guardian game saved for replay when I'm feeling bold.

Oh, I'm just playing on normal.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
That's funny - I found that the Guardian was easier to play than the Shaper or Agent.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #8
It may be that I'm simply not playing the Guardian correctly. So many rogues shoot bolts from a distance that I find I rely heavily on missile weapons -- not a match for many of the enemies. Greta was getting more bad guys than I was by far.

Also, huge difference between the guardian and agent at Krya's refuge. Guardian couldn't last through second round of ghosts; agent toughed it out.

HOWEVER.... I know of one mistake -- BIG -- that I made. Yesterday, I went into the guardian game (in progress still) and noticed how poorly I handled stats. I didn't boost up intelligence for Greta, Alwan or the two creations beyond the intial two points. No wonder each and every one of them fell under the specters' spells, turned on me and actually were the ones who killed me!

I guess I should have been asking advice on how to play the guardian. I've always wanted to play him.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #9
Personally, I've never focused on missile weapons. I like to pump up melee, quick action, and parry. I'll also create a fyora to help Greta from a distance while the Guardian and Alwan close in to do melee combat. If you find that you're getting too damaged in the first round of combat by missile weapons, improving your parry skill or endurance should help.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #10
A trick which helps with combat mode is to put some of your stuff on the ground so you have no weight penalties then haste your main character so you can get past the doors quicker.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #11
I have put a lot of points into endurance and I do have a fyora (since the beginning). Maybe I should think about pumping up the parry and quick action and forget this missile guardian thing.
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #12
Oh, btw.... I did go back and finally get the Claymore! Yippie! I'm thrilled... didn't get the drayk canister, unfortunately... but I'll try next time.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #13
Hi Holly, Welcome to SW Boards.
Hope you have fun and are here to stay. But sweety: Could you try to edit your messages instead of double posting? We would all appreciate it. thanks
Warrior
Member # 5731
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Hi Holly, Welcome to SW Boards.
Hope you have fun and are here to stay. But sweety: Could you try to edit your messages instead of double posting? We would all appreciate it. thanks

First of all, if you look at the numbers, Holly has been here about 2000 members longer than you have. Secondly, why does everyone get their underthings in a bunch if someone posts twice in a row? Especially if, as in this case, the 2 posts are 2 different thoughts, answering 2 different parts of the thread?

Would you yell at me if I click on "Add Reply" here, and then go back and add my $0.02 to the discussion at large, and share my thoughts on the best way to take Rahul's gear? The 2 posts would be completely unrelated and, imho, deserve some separation.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by mok:

First of all, if you look at the numbers, Holly has been here about 2000 members longer than you have.
It's all about post counts. If YOU would care to look, Holly has significantly fewer posts than Marlenny. Thus, Holly is the newer of the members, since she has posted less.

Secondly, double-posting is generally a bad thing in all fora. I, for example, have managed to address two different things in this one post. It isn't hard. And, if you would care to look, "intentional double posting" is in violation of the CoC, whether or not it addresses two different things.

If you want to seperate two different things, use paragraphs, or, if you must a row of dashes. Don't double post. And don't criticise others for asking, rather politely in my opinion, that newer members don't do it.

[ Tuesday, July 26, 2005 06:20: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #16
If you are quoting two different people it is okay to double post, but not a good thing to make a habit of.

Holly should have used the edit button, as her posts were said to the group rather than specific people (and were somewhat related).

It's okay to ask people politely to use the edit button instead of double posting, or to use legible spelling and grammar; if you do so in game boards it would be nice if you also contributed to the discussion or helped answer the person's question.
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #17
Look, I just came here to have fun. If anything I did offended anyone, it wasn't intentional. I think that's obvious.

I tried using the edit button the other day and it didn't work for some reason. Eh, well.

This forum is not particularly well attended for a game that just came out on Windows not too long ago. Maybe the folks here jumping on people for innocent flubs isn't the best way to keep people here. Not everyone has great grammar or spelling or, like me, find the mechanics of posting to be easy.

I've seen several people scolded here by just regular posters for silly infractions and it creates and unfriendly environment in a place that should be fun.

I think there reaches a point where people should just let people be unless they're being rude or offensive. And let the forum moderators do their job.

Oh, and I'm not sweetie or honey or baby or anything like that. You can call me Holly.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #18
I think you are overreacting. Most people just like the inform others that it is considered good form to edit ones post instead of posting again.
This is usually informed by a phrase like "Please Edit your post instead of doubleposting."
I can't se any harm in that.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #19
Asking people to use better spelling/grammar is so we are able to understand and answer their questions better. Some members on this forum are not native English speakers and may have trouble reading abbreviated English; it is not the intention to upset anyone.

I have not noticed you to regularly double posting (which is why I didn't comment about you doing so), but "intentional double posting" is a minor infraction in the CoC. I don't think we have scolded for doing these things.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Holly:

This forum is not particularly well attended for a game that just came out on Windows not too long ago.
I think the main reason for this is that GF3 isn't such a great game. People have been bored of it for a long time.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #21
I for one don't think it a crime for the occasional double post. It should be looked at objectively and not so 'super-cop' oriented. I sincerely doubt Holly's intention was to increase her post count. Anyone that reads these forums on a regular basis can tell the difference between abuse or not. Sometimes I think the person pointing out is just boosting their own post count by doing it. In fact, most of the time it's not done by moderators as it should be. Let the mods determine if someone is abusing the CoC.

And just so you know, I am not the newbie as my id indicates. I had originally joined in 2001, and had amassed quite a post count (with only maybe 5 or 6 double posts). But for some reason my account got corrupted and lost my id and count. I was told I would have to start over.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Let the mods determine if someone is abusing the CoC.
Hooray.

I'm confused about the forums not being well attended part, though. Aren't all of the questions answered within a few hours?

--------------------
====
====
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #23
That's not exactly what Holly meant, which seems to be that there aren't many people posting here. I disagree with that, also, but it's a different point.

I wonder if Aran's program could tell us what the posting rates are on this board for different time periods. It would be interesting to know if interest actually is dying down.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 3851
Profile #24
Yes, Drakefyre! The questions are answered within hours and most responders are extremely helpful. It makes all the difference between my getting stuck and frustrated with the game and actually being able to play it and have fun.

You are awesome. And Contra and others whose handles escape me at the moment are terrific.

I also think you moderators out there do a great job. I know this because I read a heck of a lot on these boards -- way more reading than posting -- to see if I can find the answers first. The mods are obviously picked for a reason. Tact, judgment... even kindness.

The anonymity the internet provides seems to spur people to do things they can't get away with IRL. One such thing is running around pointing out people's flaws and telling them how to behave.

I'm seeing a lot about post count being a big thing. Okay, I get it now. It gives folks that funny title after their handles, right? Whoa. Pretty big deal, eh?

Gee, I hope this post I'm writing right now promotes me. <snark>

Pages