how i get in the shapers crypt? And what is in there?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: how i get in the shapers crypt? And what is in there?
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #0
how do iget in the crypt, i kow that you have to find a key but where is the key to enter? and any way what is in it?

[ Wednesday, December 06, 2006 02:24: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #1
You need a crescent stone, which you get by killing one of two special monsters. One of them is in the western wastes, if I remember rightly.

As for what's inside the shaper crypt: lots of dead shapers. What do you expect? Just because they're dead doesn't stop them attacking you, however...

For fuller answers, consult the FAQ.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #2
Actually, you need the crescent stone to get into Inner Crypt. Shaper Crypt...I dunno, I think I just used all my living tools to get in there.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Dikiyoba doesn't think there's a key to enter the Shaper Crypt, either.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #4
There's no key required, just an object called a Crescent Stone. I found one on a monster in the Western Wastes.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #5
You haven't been to the crypt in G1? Oh, I remember that. Me, the little Shaper, with his fyora, drayk, and glaahk, bravely walking into the unknown. I turned a corner, and collapsed into a little pool of blood on the floor.

You want advice? Build an army of either battle betas or cryodrayks and then train for a month or two before even THINKING about going in there. And as for what's in there...

*MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
In order to stop the newbie from being chased away by the spirits of not-so-helpful members. . .

There are pylons. Lots of them. Tons, in fact. There are also these demonic little shaping machines that constantly make Battle Alphas and Glaahks to go and rip you to peices.

And then theres the Inner Crypt. There are literally unstoppable platforms that constantly spawn Cryodrayks, Ur-Glaahks, and Battle Betas(Possibly Gammas). Don't even go into the room where the platforms are, unless you have used the Geneforge and have seven Cryodrayks at your unbreakable command.

Oh, shoot. -X- just scared away the newbie.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
The pylons aren't bad at all (at least in the Shaper Crypt). If you have mind nutrients, you can tell the servant mind to turn the pylons off.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #8
Yes, but -X- used up all of the mind nutrients in the game by the time he went there. Which was right before he left on the blown-up Avernum boat.

[ Tuesday, December 12, 2006 16:05: Message edited by: -X- ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
I went in there with my lone agent on torment. You need to stay hasted and creep up on the pylons so you can blast them one by one. Move in slowly so you don't get swarmed and it's not too bad. Hit and run tactics of Delicious Vlish are the best for winning.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #10
-X- played through Geneforge with a sole Guardian intent on using no canisters at all. Playing on Torment, he succeeded after a couple of months. . . But he found Glaahks to be all but invincible when there is another creation nearby. So, with the Glaahk and Battle Alpha duos in the Crypts, -X- was slaughtered.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #11
Either don't play torment here or use the Geneforge first, or prepare for the equivalent of the Monestary in GF 3. Actually, the shaper crypt is even harder, if I remember correctly.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #12
I prefer to level up a lot, especially before the Inner Crypt. I also like to have at least a couple of levels of "Create Glaahk" before heading into the Shaper Crypt, and the ability to make Ur-Glaahks before entering the Inner Crypt.

And I don't play the GF series on torment; no real reason, just personal preference (that, and I tend to get eaten alive).

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #13
It's not so bad, really. Well, yes, it's bad. But staying in combat mode the whole darn time makes it much less horrendous, simply because it cuts down dramatically on the number of freshly spawned monsters you have to face. And if you know where to go, so you don't have to flop back and forth across the burning pads too many times, this also helps a lot.

Strolling through the Inner Crypt in normal mode is a death march even after using the Geneforge. Except perhaps for a Shaper; a large force of high-level Cryodrayks might be able to fry the random monsters easily. Funny, I guess I never tried that. I tried it with a Geneforged Agent and got pwned.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #14
Generally, follow a few guidelines to this difficult location:

- If you're an Agent or a Guardian, its very important to use the Geneforge before attempting this area. From what I heard, its impossible at the higher difficulties without. Shapers can give their creations (up to a) + 8 to all stats by using the Geneforge and absorbing and reshaping their creations.

- Make sure you're well prepared. All the best equips for the location, all training needed, done, used all canisters (optional), pods and spore may be necessary especially for a Guardian. Make sure you sell all unneeded items or drop them to keep your AP at the max.

- Make a good strategy. A general guideline is to stay in combat mode to reduce the spawned creations. Well hasted Agents are good at hit and run tactics. Missle Guardians can do the same. Shapers should get a lot (5 - 7) high leveled, advanced creations (e.g. glaahks, ur-glaahks, drayks, cryodrayks.) and mass energize them. Attack as a group when possible, and make sure your Shaper isn't picked off and gets killed in a single hit. Melee Guardians, well good luck. Heavy armor is a must.

- Finally, don't be stubborn at force yourself to do this at torment. You should tone down the difficulty if it is too hard.

- Oh yes, and don't be stubborn but persevere! If you are challenging yourself on this level, be prepared to reload 20+ times.

I'll add more if I can think of more.

[ Wednesday, December 06, 2006 15:34: Message edited by: GoodCanisters ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #15
If you stay in combat mode the whole time, the Inner Crypt is totally doable on Torment with an Agent, without using the Geneforge. A good challenge, but it shouldn't even take multiple tries.

Whether you can do it without unacceptable engine abuse, I can't recall. I did it long ago, and my conscience about such things was under-developed then.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #16
I know it's definitely possible to beat the crypt without the Geneforge at easy/normal with a medium leveled character. A high level can probably do it at Tricky, but I really don't know how you can beat the entire thing at torment. I've noticed since I started playing torment that my enemies start hitting huge amounts and never miss, bonuses of like 70-100% more damage, and 25-50 % more accuracy. Even if you killed everything on the island, torment would take much perseverance to do...

EDIT: Comparisons are between torment and tricky. The gap would be much bigger at easier difficulties compared to torment.

[ Thursday, December 07, 2006 15:58: Message edited by: GoodCanisters ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #17
I find that several cryodrayks are quite effective, with possible a few ur-glaahks or battle betas. And my Guardian seems to do quite well in there, with 300+ damage/hit.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #18
Thank you for you're diddling answers and as you logout do not fail to notice a blade in backs.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Apprentice
Member # 5457
Profile #19
That's really the most ungrateful reply I've heard in a long while.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
do not fail to notice a blade in backs
Priceless. It's like being insulted by Hugo Chavez, only he's trying to use English instead of his native language.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
Originally by opon mars:

quote:
...as you logout do not fail to notice a blade in backs.
Dikiyoba is glad Dikiyoba never logs out then.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #22
I'm more interesting in what 'diddling' meant.

But for the help you received, you could have chosen a number of friendlier words or phrases to express your gratitude. 'Thank you', 'Thanks again', 'You suck'... You get the picture. :P

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Warrior
Member # 7735
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by opon mars:

Thank you for you're diddling answers and as you logout do not fail to notice a blade in backs.
And do not fail to fight my GF 2 Guardian with level 18 parry. :P
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #24
Then thak you nocia and do not fail to notice a blade (that in spite of your high parry good canisters) in your wonded back.

[ Tuesday, December 19, 2006 09:12: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------

Pages