Message From Spiderweb - Brain Blocked

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Message From Spiderweb - Brain Blocked
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #151
A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: this topic has become officially silly. Everyone go to my topic. etc. etc.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Warrior
Member # 380
Profile Homepage #152
Putting in my two cents... I miss scry monster. :(

--------------------
When the portal to Upper Avernum starts to blow, first dump a bucket of water on it. Then run like hell.

We're all heroes! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice! Wait.... wrong game.
Posts: 154 | Registered: Wednesday, December 12 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1427
Profile #153
quote:
Originally posted by A Happy Nephil:
Ahem, I think you're leaving out a very useful spell, which is also my FAVORITE spell.

Scry Monster.

Think about it- Its nice knowing how much HP an enemy monster has. But, it would also be nice if the creator could make certain stats invisible. Perhaps a giant evil purple demon who looks like he should have 10000 HP, in reality only has 15, but you dont want the party to know that do you? So, hide the HP! :-)

See the quote, Tarra. :P
Warrior
Member # 380
Profile Homepage #154
Hmm.. I can understand what you're saying, Happy Nephil... I still miss the spell. It would be kinda funny if you cast the spell while at lower levels, the numbers can be sometimes.... misleading. (the game lies!)
As I said.. my two cents. What can you buy with two cents? Don't know... 1/50 of something from the dollar store...

--------------------
When the portal to Upper Avernum starts to blow, first dump a bucket of water on it. Then run like hell.

We're all heroes! Hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice! Wait.... wrong game.
Posts: 154 | Registered: Wednesday, December 12 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 2288
Profile #155
How about Scry Monster as an additional spell? It doesn't sound that hard to implement to me, and I always rather liked it.
Apprentice
Member # 2341
Profile Homepage #156
Spells/ideas I'd like to see....

1) Teleport between towns. It does get repetative holding down the arrow keys or clicking on the mouse just to get around. It's a downside of RPGs in general in that the larger and more epic the work, the more drudgery there is in movement across the landscape. (Incidentally, longer works tend have to have a glut of slower passages, and epic fantasy is especially bad about this. The teleport spell is akin to the page flip.)

2) The idea of a "reputation" has been hinted at for individual characters and I think this is a good idea. (Alternately, you could have a reaction to individual characters based upon their charisma, to borrow a page from D&D). Sometimes it'd be a pain to see prices change for your ugly-as-skin slitheranki (sp) but on the whole, it's another facet of realism that's fun.

3) More offensive/battle-oriented spells for priests. In order to offset the impression of the priests as simply walking medics, allow them a wider range of smite-type spells.

~Tene

--------------------
"Give me your children and I'll have them for life." -- Stalin
End government schools.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #158
1 and 2 are both easily added at the discretion of the author.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #159
I think two spells with the ability to summon
natures plants to do the fighting for you would be cool.

*Remember, the mission is lost when the goal is
achieved(is that good?). :confused:

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer

Pages