Farewell

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Farewell
Warrior
Member # 2871
Profile #0
I'm following Gone's example a while back and leaving these boards because of the constant spamming and flame wars. I haven't been here long, but I have lots of experience with Spidweb games. I am extremely disappointed in most of the people here. For example, in the topic that asks people where they got ttheir names, first Alec (perhaps even quite innocently) challenges Smiler over the spelling of the last name and then everyone else burns Alec. Noobs are harrassed for asking inexperienced questions and people keep on double posting and spamming. Many topics start out fun and/or helpful but end up as unrelated ramblings. I'll miss some members of these boards, especially Party Animal (I'll see you around though, man), Alorael, X, Sir Motrax, and Rache (love your walkthrough), but I can't take these boards anymore. I may come back sometime, but I can't see that right now. My sympathies and support to the kinder members of these boards. It's just a few extreme people and some general tensions that have driven me off. Happy posting.

--------------------
H-E-L-P. I think my alphabet soup is trying to tell me something.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #1
First of all, I'd like to say I'm sorry you had to go. You seemed quite a promising member, and it is unfortunate that you decided to depart. I agree with you about a lot of the things you mentioned, and I am ashamed of contributing to them myself. Like most communities, Spiderweb has a hierarchy and lots of annoying little cliques. Yes, it pisses me off as much as anyone else.

That mentioned, I would just like to point out a small misunderstanding.
Take the text below:
quote:
Originally posted by Darkwind K'sheyna:
For example, in the topic that asks people where they got ttheir names, first Alec (perhaps even quite innocently) challenges Smiler over the spelling of the last name and then everyone else burns Alec.
Um, it was Scorp who made the post, and he didn't really 'challenge' me. Scorp was correcting my spelling, assuming I was trying to take Alec's name. I knew Alec's last name was Kyras, but had to add the mispelling for sillilogical reasons. I was stating my name was Alexander Kryas becase Alec is the most possibly opposite member of me on the boards. And nobody burned Alec, except sort of me. And he's insulted me three times that I can recall off the top of my head. He called me *cute*, not cute, but *cute*, as well as typical, to name a few shocking examples.

Just had to clear that up to the best of my abilities. Which is not very well.

--------------------
Aces off.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
When mentioning that your pities go out to the kinder members, would you by chance be criticizing my absolute obscenity and refusal to be reasonal with other members?

Naah. :P

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1506
Profile #3
Darkwind, I think the only thing anyone will have to say about you is that at least you could spell and capitalize words. You're far too new for anyone to say anything.

King Micah's main reason for leaving was for being very offended about a person he apparently held high esteem for, whereas you are just disgusted about things that happen on any message board you go to. This post strikes me more as begging for attention than as a true farewell.

Now taking bets on how many weeks this one can hold out.

--------------------
desperance.net -- Come on in, we don't bite. Well, I don't.
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #4
Bye, Darkwind! See you next week!

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #5
Hey Darkwind, go to AngelRoms for a forum site that might be more suited to your whinny needs. Flaming and Going off topic aren't allowed there. Actually flaming is, but it has it's own form section. And as long as you don't cross a mod you'll be fine.

Now good bye and enjoy the new site. And while your at it, leave my sight. And... don't come back now ya hear.

[ Tuesday, May 13, 2003 17:40: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #6
Hmm, I think I'll just say Goodbye to avoid any conflict.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #7
Um.. um. um.

WTF

That's what makes the boards fun! Sheesh. That's what makes a community a community -- a variety of personas unified by an underlying connection. We need the idiots as well as we need the smart (?) people to flame the idiots! It's all fun!

You'll be back.. *smiles freakily and watches darkwind paddle down the river*

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #8
Haw haw, like the general opinion states, you'll be back.

--------------------
Meet the savior. KYMCO Super Fever will force you to do so. Haw.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #9
Unless he gets a life... :rolleyes:

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
LoneFlame, please remove your glans from beyond your prostate. Thank you.

Eh. I left as a form of protest against what I (and virtually the entire community) saw as unjust, but at some point, you realize that these boards will never welcome a progressive vehicle of change. (Actually, I returned to campaign for a puppet Misc mod.)

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 2350
Profile #11
I didn't notice any flaming on this forum.

--------------------
Steal things in the sight of the guards without getting caught
Get to the other half of the Blackrag fortress
Get into Erika's Private Chambers
Joining the Anama wihtout losing Mage Spells
Two ways to make money quickly and easily

"Storm, earth and fire, heed my call!"
Posts: 2286 | Registered: Thursday, December 12 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #12
Puppet Misc Mod? I doubt TM controls anyone..

--------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #13
A puppet of the Evil Empire of Desperance, of course.

Ghost - did you miss the post directly above yours? :P
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #14
I'd agree that some new people do take a while getting used to the posting conventions here + also that some of the old hands are unnecessarily intolerant of this and sometimes cruel in the fun they have in consequences.

Still, no one seems to have treated DarkWind ht way (nor has s/he deserved it), so this move seems unnecesarily sensitive. Come back, DarkWind - and learn to avert your eyes when necessary if you must, as I doubt anyone here will change.
Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #15
A. I have not seen many posts by you, but of those i have seen i am sad to see you brush off this forum becouse of some jerks and foolish people.

B. I'm rather new and a very bad speller, but even i have not seen the harrassement, as you call it, in the degree that you refer to.

C. some of the older members are just a little intolerent, but it's not that offensive and usualy funny.

D. I have posted a bad, to say the least, topic and was made aware of it by some of the extreme posters but it wasn't all that bad and made for a funny topic for a while.

E. and lastly: Darkwind K'sheyna, you'll be back.
THEY ALL COME BACK...

[EDIT]:
quote:
Originally posted by Darkwind K'sheyna:
H-E-L-P. I think my alphabet soup is trying to tell me something.

yes it is, and help is on the way...

[ Wednesday, May 14, 2003 14:28: Message edited by: FireDrakeofIce and Necromancy ]

--------------------
click: Necromanser
Title: Necromancer
^ is for Roh Zee Kat
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #16
Love that signature =]

And... yeah, I doubt he's still reading these but that's ok. I am not going to leave, but I am getting disgusted. Two old and generally respected members left recently, and not someone else, too? It used to be pretty rare that someone would leave, and usually it would be for a reason like not enough time, or something like that. I don't want new rules that would ruin the fun, but I do wish people would be a bit more careful.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
BoE Posse
Member # 2475
Profile Homepage #17
Who besides Ikari left recently?

--------------------
http://members.aol.com/risberg/blades/

Eternity approaches.
Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #18
quote:
Originally posted by iDavid:
I doubt he's still reading these but that's ok.
my post was just in reference to the topics starter's post, but it is aimed at the rest as a sighn that s/he is wrong, or so i think, on some of the ideas posted above.

--------------------
^ is for Roh Zee Kat
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally posted by FireDrakeofIce and Necromancy:
B. I'm rather new and a very bad speller, but even i have not seen the harrassement, as you call it, in the degree that you refer to.
IMAGE(http://www.liferpg.com/imban/spam2.jpg)

But yeah, I think it's cool that you don't take things so seriously.

People leave when:
- Things get too personal

This can happen in such cases as:
- Religion
- Politics

It is understandable, after your fundamental beliefs are shot down and flamed repeatedly, to leave.

But hey, this is life. You make the decision whether to fight back, or, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Survival of the fittest.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #20
People also leave when they get new interests, either elsewhere on the internet or in RL. We tend not to notice their departure, as they simply drop out of sight without posting goodbye messages. It's a sad fact of the internet that people do move on to new interests and leave their old ones behind. I wonder how many of our 2970+ members here have silently moved on?

I'm still new here (only been here three months), but I've noticed two things about farewell messages elsewhere on the internet. Firstly, the poster usually does drop by to see what sort of response their goodbye post received (whether as a wanderer, under another account, or as the poster). Secondly, most people who post goodbye messages do return, sometimes using another account. Note that I said most, not all.

There is nothing abnormal or wrong about these behaviours. After all, why would you start a topic if you are uninterested in the response? It's human nature to want to know how people respond to your actions, if they'll miss you when you've gone. And why would you bother posting a goodbye message if you didn't care about the community you were leaving? That involvement in the community is the reason most people tend to return after posting 'farewell'.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #21
I think they want attention. Simply gives them a reason to come back. First comes the rarewell topic then comes the "I'm back" topic.

Faren, i have not seen that pic before, but no it does not in any way insult me. I'll probebly do just that if such a sceneario does accur, i'll lie down pretend i'm dead and be one of the only left alive, yey for me.

Or if anything i'll resarect my self, I know i cant do that, but dont tell me that.

BTW where did you get that pic?

--------------------
^ is for Roh Zee Kat
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #22
it was pieced together from Little Fighter 2 sprites. not that hard to make, if you don't mind pressing ctrl-V repeatedly and you know where to look. :P

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #23
Unless I'm mistaken, that's an acual clip from Imban playing LF2. Yeah, he made all of those shiny blasts.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #24
LF2 doesn't allow that many objects on the screen. :P

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Pages