Global Warming is real and I can proove it!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Global Warming is real and I can proove it!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Skomer:

quote:
*Milu*:
In december and months before that there was no snow. This year was also very warm, every day above zero (celsius) and the snow that fell melted away almost instantly.
Welcome to life in Wales. It rains every, single, day.

Sorry, I didn't realise the BBC iplayer was only viewable from within Britain. I guess they assume that we've all paid our licence fee.

Umm... suppose I don't pay my license fee. Will I still be able to use BBCiPlayer? I shall tell the bank to cancel the direct debit, and find out. :P

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - What's the point of instruments, words are a sawed off shotgun.
Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #26
That's my point: I suppose they can't tell whether you've paid your licence fee or not when you use iPlayer, but you're more likely to have done if you live in Britain.
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #27
I live near you, in Illinois near the border of Wisconsin. Man was that a lot of snow.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

It is interesting to note however that the time carbon dioxide (sp?) levels were highest, the planet was going through the last ice-age.
How in the world could anyone possibly know that?

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

How in the world could anyone possibly know that?
Ice cores from Antarctica.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #30
All the snow melted last week, and it was certainly a long winter, and a rather windy one as well. So now the river is about to burst it's banks into the main street, and the creek by my house is swollen. :)

What's nice though, is it was 55 degrees Fahrenheit today. Maybe, just maybe, I can go hiking in a month and a half, given most of the snow melts off the mountains. The most amazing part though, is the trees have buds now, and there's tulips popping up all over our property. (I have no idea what they're doing in Nevada)

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #31
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7327393.stm

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Originally written by We Didn't Shard of Fire:

We went to the beach and it snowed. (As well as hailed, rained, and sleeted.) They were HUGE flakes; like snowballs, but we were watching from inside the pub so we weren't terribly drenched. It didn't stick well because it had just rained and it also wasn't really freezing out.

On the drive home, I asked my parents if it had snowed in Portland. "Probably not," they said, as we took the boulevard to our house. But it had, and it continued to snow and hail sporadically the rest of spring break. We used to hit the 70s in spring break! *snif*

We still have snow on the ground, despite the 60 degree weather today. First day in 5 that it didn't snow/hail/sleet though. Sorry about your spring break, I saw pics on the news showing the coast. How was the highway over the coast range?

We followed the Columbia home because we were certain it had snowed in the pass.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #33
quote:
Originally written by Jewelz:

Oh, wait, no I can't. It's. Still. SNOWING!

We've had snow on the ground for six full months, which I might not mind... IF I lived in Alaska.

This is mother nature's cruelest April Fool's joke ever. Here's hoping y'all are having a better April morning.

Wimp! ;) There are those of us who define summer as "3 months of bad sledding." In that spirit, my sister sent me this a while back. I thought some of us here would find it hilarious.
quote:
Michigan Temperature (F) Conversion Chart

At +70 degrees Texans turn on the heat and unpack the thermal underwear. In Michigan, people go swimming in the lakes.
At +60 degrees North Carolinians try to turn on the heat. People in Michigan plant gardens.
At +50 degrees Californians shiver uncontrollably. People in Michigan sunbathe.
At +40 degrees Italian & English cars won't start. People in Michigan drive with the windows down.
At +32 degrees Distilled water freezes. Lake Michigan water gets thicker.
At +20 degrees Floridians wear coats, underwear, gloves, and woolly hats. People in Michigan throw on a flannel shirt.
At +15 degrees Philadelphia landlords finally turn up the heat. People in Michigan have the last cookout before it gets cold.
At +10 degrees People in Miami all die. People from Michigan lick a flagpole.
At 0 degrees Californians fly to Mexico. People in Michigan look for their winter coats.
At -20 degrees Hollywood disintegrates. The Girl Scouts in Michigan are selling cookies door to door.
At -60 degrees Polar bears begin to evacuate the Arctic. Michigan Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes.... until it gets cold enough.
At -80 degrees Mount St. Helen's freezes. People in Michigan rent some videos.
At -100 degrees Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Michiganians get frustrated because they can't thaw a keg.
At -297 degrees Microbial life no longer survives on dairy products. Cows in Michigan complain about farmers with cold hands.
At -460 degrees ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero in the Kelvin scale). People in Michigan start saying, "Cold 'nuff for ya?"
At -500 degrees Hell freezes over. The Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl!

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #34
Where I live, the winter was pretty warm and almost snowles for most of its duration. Then, yesterweeks Wednesday the temperature dropped 50 centimeters of snow just fell from the sky. I made the mistake of coming to this computer class where I normally write things like this, and when I tried to go home trough a small road that's normally in good shape, my car got stuck in the snow and I had to ring my dad to bring me a shovel. It was quite hard to get the Lada going again.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #35
Mystic are you from Michigan?

--------------------
Nobody bought any of my food, do people not like to eat ornks and guacamole?
=:T:=
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by *Milu*:

I live in Finland (at the moment in Aland, which is an autonomous province in the south) and I'm disappointed with this year's weather. In december and months before that there was no snow. This year was also very warm, every day above zero (celsius) and the snow that fell melted away almost instantly.

Geez, it must be freezing over in Finland if you're finding a little bit over 0 warm, where as I find anything under 23 starts getting cold...

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

Wimp! ;) There are those of us who define summer as "3 months of bad sledding."

I know it, but I'm one of those people who would love living at the equator. If it never got below 80F I'd be happy. I start to shiver at 69 degrees.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #38
I'm right with you Jewelz! It was 55 last night and I was freezing my buns off.

You should move to Arizona. :P

:Edit: Wrong temp.

[ Saturday, April 05, 2008 08:32: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Warrior
Member # 6096
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by E=MC Hammered:

Geez, it must be freezing over in Finland if you're finding a little bit over 0 warm, where as I find anything under 23 starts getting cold...
It's supposed to be cold in winter! :) In summer, 23 degrees would be a nice, and it's actually not a very unnatural temperature in june, july or august.

Anyway, last winter I was studying in Leeds, England, and it was not very different from this winter here.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #40
Originally by Andraste:

quote:
You should move to southern Arizona. :P
FYT. Prescott got snow several times this winter, and Flagstaff was just cold and snowy enough to make it a trip to it the only time Dikiyoba had to wear pants instead of shorts all winter.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #41
Seems like I always had a family member die near Flagstaff in Oregon Trail. Or was that Chimney Rock?
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

Mystic are you from Michigan?
Yep. I think that "Michigan Temperature Conversion Chart" I posted makes that kind of obvious.
quote:
Originally written by Jewelz:

If it never got below 80F I'd be happy. I start to shiver at 69 degrees.
If it never got below 80F I'd incinerate. With my hot blood, 69 is actually fairly comfortable for me.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 8439
Profile #43
quote:
Originally written by Skomer:

quote:
*Milu*:
In december and months before that there was no snow. This year was also very warm, every day above zero (celsius) and the snow that fell melted away almost instantly.
Welcome to life in Wales. It rains every, single, day.[/URL].

Wow! You live in Wales! Where abouts are you? I live near Machynlleth, Mid-Wales, and you're right - it rains almost every day. Last summer was dreadful.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #44
Mystic, are you from the part where everyone else lives, northern michigan, or the UP?

--------------------
Nobody bought any of my food, do people not like to eat ornks and guacamole?
=:T:=
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #45
No one actually lives in the UP. Well, except for the wolves.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

Mystic, are you from the part where everyone else lives, northern michigan, or the UP?
I'm from approximately...(points to spot on right palm, just below the thumb)...here, about 50 miles north of Detroit.

I'm kind of curious as to why do you (or anyone else here) would want to know this.

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 08:52: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #47
Ohio can't make up its mind. Of course, its residents have accepted this fact. There's a saying here: "If you don't like the weather, don't worry. Wait a few minutes and it'll change."

Last week, it was sunny and in the 70s. Yesterday, the temperature peaked at 40, and it rained all day.
Yesterday was also the last time I will ever walk 3 miles in 40 degree weather without a jacket...

I miss Jersey.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin tells me that the weather at the shore has been quite pleasant, and though the ocean is still far too cold for swimming, the sunbathers are already out.
Some days... well...

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

I like speaking my mind, when the voices let me hear it.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #48
I know what you mean about the weather, it's just as crazy here. And we have the same saying.

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 10:12: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #49
The weather here (SF Bay Area) is normally good, but it's also been weird lately. Yesterday the temperature was in high 80s, and today it's in the 50s.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.

Pages