No hope for the damned RP [OOC]

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: No hope for the damned RP [OOC]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #0
Link to the In Character topic.

Summary: your characters are people who have been tasked to lift the curse from their home village. Mine is a monster who'll do everything to make their lives a living hell.

Special rules for this roleplay are:

- if one of the players does not post IC in two weeks, his character is free game. In other words, I can kill it if it suits my whim.

- alternatively, if I don't post any IC in two weeks, all players who did in the meantime get one save for their characters. In other words, they can escape the first rule for once if they wish to.

- the RP is deemed over when one or several of the following conditions are met: 1) No-one posts any IC in six weeks, 2) all characters expect for mine are dead and/or 3) your characters reach Salintu and manage to lift the curse. All players whose characters are still alive are called to write "and they lived happily ever after" posts for their characters. I will finish whatever conflict is left unresolved in co-operation with proper players.

- Stories don't like loose ends. Thus, all players are obliged to write an ending post for their characters when they die or the RP ends.

- To make the previous rule work, among other reasons, all players should keep a constant watch over their Private messages. If you're planning something with someone, DO NOT spoil the surprise by posting "Check your PM!" messages here.

Also, all normal rules for roleplaying also apply: no god-modding, no controlling or killing other people's character without their permission (I'm the sole expection) and no double posting. As general pieces of advice, don't hoard minor characters, don't plan too far ahead and don't cram your posts with too many events. Give others some room to breathe.

Information on my character:

Name: Villagers collectively refer to it as "the Demon".

Description: The Demon was first sighted seven days ago by a goat herder trying to shelter his livestock from the storm. He described the Demon as a "tall, black man with talons of an eagle, fangs of a wolf and eyes that glowed like the deepest pits of hell". The herder couldn't help running away in terror, and his beloved animals scattered in the rain and were possibly eaten by the terror he saw. Later on, many people have seen nightmares of a hooded man watching over the village from the hill that is its namesake, mocking its citizens with a harsh, metallic sound. Some still doubt its presence, but the fear around them is very real; the devil might exist only in the mind, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous...

Other qualities: I'll leave them for you to find out...

Lastly, some fitting music...

---

Here is the timeline for our story:

Day -X: Talbot sets on his journey.

Morning of day 1: Michael arrives near Emerald Cliff.

Noon of day 1: Shamgar is sent to Emerald Cliff. Jeran crash-lands. Jeran is helped to the village.

Evening of day 1: Shamgar falls from his boats and wakes up in Emerald Cliff. Michael comes to a river that blocks his route to Emerald Cliff. He sets a camp at night fall.

Night of day 1: the demon eavesdrops near the temple area. Demarkus attends the gathering.

Morning of day 2: Demarkus tries to sell his wares to some fisherman. The demon stands on Emerald Cliff and watches the people around it. Alex wakes up and sees how the desert has turned into a bog around him. Jeran is summoned to the village chief. Michael wakes up and continues to search a way to cross the river.

Noon of day 2: The demon loiters in the temple district and spooks one of the priests. Alex still wanders around in the desert. Jeran concludes his negotiations with the village chief and is sent on his way. Demarkus travels to the temple grounds. Michael arrives in Emerald Cliff. Talbot reaches a smaller settlement some way off from the main town.

Evening of day 2: the demon goes to lurk in the shadows, waiting for the second gathering. Demarkus converses with the priests of Emerald Cliff. Talbot arrives in the town and starts to follow Michael around. By the strange workings of fate, Al and Davion also find their way to the village meeting. Shamgar eavesdrops the meeting, but is knocked unconcscious by (who? Talbot). Davion leaves the meeting to find news about Alicia.

The night between day 2 and 3: The demon wanders around in the village cemetery and digs up Alicia's grave. Jeran gets himself eaten by, well, something.

Early morning of day 3: The demon sneaks into an old woman's hut to steal some dagger, but gets caught while doing so.

Noon of day 3: Al, Michael and Demarkus gather near the old obelisk of the temple grounds.

I don't need you to write your post in chronological order, but it will be helpful if you mention the time of the day at some points of your posts. I'll be updating this post as new events crop up. You are free to correct any errors I might make.

[ Sunday, April 06, 2008 09:28: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
I take it that playing someone with magic capabilities is out of the question. Correct?

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #2
Small skills in alchemy and some knowledge about nether lore is acceptable. Being able to actually cast spells is not.

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #3
Name: Shamgar

Village: Antioch

Description: Antioch is situated along the coast of a vast freshwater lake. Much of their diet consists of marine life, and Shamgar is one of the villages numerous fishermen. He isn't of any higher rank than his peers, but he is the one chosen for seeking out the source of the curse.

Other details will be elaborated upon in the IC.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #4
I find the name of this RP bordering on the more hilarious side of irony.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - a heart on a string that's about to be cut.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
I second Nikki's sentiments about the title, but I might actually have the time, willpower, and interest to participate in it.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #6
I'll do my best, but I'm playing two other RP's atm, and running one of my own.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
This sounds interesting. I might join, but it'll be down the road if anyone survives. I was thinking an AD&D 1st edition original alchemist out looking for ingredients. Some fighting skills and limited armor. The nice part is all those alchemy potions. Basically up to healing elixir in Avernum terms with a few surprises. Too bad this is a magic limited world since there was also a chance to convert spell scrolls into potions and afterwards be able to make more of them. I really loved using that potion of magic missles *heh, heh*.

Nice title, was it intentional the second meaning?

[ Saturday, March 01, 2008 15:41: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #8
Which second meaning? I can think of many interpretations for the name, but find none particularly hilarious.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
After the end of the last RP, the view is that "No hope for the damned" isn't the RP title, but is an adjective phrase for the noun "RP."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #10
If I join, can my posts be as long as I want? Hey, I like to write, and I challenge anyone to say my RP record hasn't been pure entertainment.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #11
My own posts are likely to stretch into ridiculous lengths sooner or later... so the answer is yes, at least for the moment.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
FF, I trust you'll be visiting the boards more frequently than usual?

Also, my idea for a character was something of a tinker/salvager type. The kind of lunatic who goes off into the desert for a week and returns with a pile of junk, which then gets turned into something useful.

What's the policy decision on magic items? I don't mean like Epic Weapons of Doom here, just things with minor enchantments. Example: a slingstone which returns like a boomerang.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #13
The fact that I bothered to put this up means I'm going to be here daily until this ends. Don't worry about that.

I'm okay with some small enchantments, as long as they have been acquired from outside the village. As long as your character (or someone else's, for that matter) doesn't run around with a back-pack of magical gid-gadgets, it won't bother me much.

EDIT: Added one rule which from here on should be stable of all RPs. Really.

[ Monday, March 03, 2008 09:43: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #14
Seems like the title is living up to past expectations.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #15
Give me until monday, I hate to see any RP go down, even one that's not started yet.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #16
Two players, and third coming. That's good enough to start rolling. Lets get this party started.

EDIT: Just for all players to note: I didn't mean this to become a parody. Thus I beg of you: keep this down to earth, and keep it serious. Please.

[ Sunday, March 09, 2008 08:31: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #17
Jeran is back, eh? It's not Vlad's time yet, so instead I give you: Talbot.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #18
Note that Dikiyoba is not planning for Michael to be immune to the demon or curse or anything like that--just that he doesn't know about them yet and so sees things a bit differently.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

I was thinking an AD&D 1st edition original alchemist out looking for ingredients.
Wasn't aware there was an alchemist in 1st Edition - it wasn't in the original PH or the UA. On the other hand, a 1st Ed. monk or assassin is always fun. :)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

quote:

I was thinking an AD&D 1st edition original alchemist out looking for ingredients.
Wasn't aware there was an alchemist in 1st Edition - it wasn't in the original PH or the UA. On the other hand, a 1st Ed. monk or assassin is always fun. :)

It was out of The Dragon and I only got to run him for a few sessions. I wished I copied the article since the later version was nerfed to uselessness. It got to wear up to chainmail armor, fight table of a thief, and hit points of a mage (that sucked). But it could make potions per day that would let you stockpile enough to really get powerful in combat. Strength and speed potions for fighting and all the healing ones so you never needed a cleric.

The best part was a percentage chance based on level and intelligence minus the level of a spell scroll that could learn how to convert any scroll into a potion that would allow you to duplicate the spell. Once you successfully figured out how to make the potion it joined the list of potions you could make so eventually you could be as powerful as a mage without the limit of spells per day in casting.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #21
Alright, posted. I'm in.

I propose the interested parties meet at the temple.

--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #22
quote:

It was out of The Dragon and I only got to run him for a few sessions. I wished I copied the article since the later version was nerfed to uselessness.
About when? I have (more or less) from issue 50ish to 110ish. Be happy to scan and email.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #23
Jeran and Tully, I hope you have some long term plans for your characters, because right now I have a really hard time understanding how they will tie in with the main plot. To a lesser extent, this applies to Randomizer as well.

For Jeran: have I understood correctly that your character arrived at Emerald Cliff at the beginning of the storm and has now been there for weeks?

For Tully: can you give me some pointers were Scheiddorf (or whatever) is located in relation to Emerald Cliff and Salintu?

For Randomizer: please, no more spidweb references in character.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Jeran is back, eh? It's not Vlad's time yet, so instead I give you: Talbot.
Jeran has and always will be. He has been the only character I have ever felt truely comfortable with. Over the years he has invaded every server and PnP game I have ever played. If he has killed one half of the dragons he claims, fobbed off one tenth of the gods of eternal death and evil and overthrown, slain, eviserated, maimed or otherwise defeated one one thousanth of the evil barons, warlords, witches, evil spirits, demons, devils, warlocks, vampires, necromancers, tax-collectors and team-speaking dragons as he claims then Bioware would never have been bankrupted before they even began working on NwN. His appearance on any server were one of his former rivals or allies has made his way to is useually the cause for his instantious IP banning before he defeats every known evil creature in existance there through sheer force of will.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*

Pages