No hope for the damned RP [OOC]

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: No hope for the damned RP [OOC]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #50
Azuma, what point of the timeline should I pigeonhole your character into? It seems your character is a bit in the future; could we make it so he appears to the town (or the ruins, whichever makes a better choice at the time) during day four or five? Maybe you could run into Randomizer's character first?

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #51
As the creator says, it shall be. My character will go to Emerald Cliff since his command was to help there. But Randomizer's character will go to Salintu. It can be so that we meet up at Emerald Cliff, well, if Randomizer complies.

[ Friday, March 21, 2008 19:16: Message edited by: Azuma ]

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #52
I suppose I could wander into Emerald Cliffs. I won't like it. Too small for an inn, probably no booze, and they think you're suppose to drink water. :(

Then there are you guys to deal with in the place.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #53
I mentioned a tavern in my last post. It got destroyed in the storm, of course, but it existed before then. :P

The second gathering is now occuring (according to the rather fluid time flow of any RP) and Dikiyoba wants to make another post fairly soon, so post now (according to the rather fluid time flow of any RP) if your character is attending.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #54
Hurry up, people! I want to see your portrayal of the meeting!

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #55
What meeting? I'm already way ahead. Just how many miles is it between Emerald and the lost city?

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #56
There's a timeline at the bottom of the first post. The newest event is the meeting actually starting in the evening/night of day 2, and many characters are either there or very close to there.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #57
Jeran, you're missing the point of the RP. You can't just burn rubber across the desert, it's a major undertaking. It's a freakin' desert. So if your character is going it alone, it's more or less a death sentence.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #58
Let the demon get first whack at him.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #59
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Jeran, you're missing the point of the RP. You can't just burn rubber across the desert, it's a major undertaking. It's a freakin' desert. So if your character is going it alone, it's more or less a death sentence.
And the point of having a bunch of villagers who have in all likelyhood never even seen a stretch of sand on this trip would be...?

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #60
Those villagers happen to live in an oasis (admittedly a big one, but still), with the desert surrounding them. That's the reason why they are so isolated. Those villagers are familiar with the surrounding environment, up to and including the ruins, and know very well what resources they need to undertake the trip.

The original idea of this roleplay was to create the typical adventure, but without adventurers, so that the villagers themselves would need to take care of their problems. Because of this, I hoped that more characters would be actual villagers, but decided not to mind about it so we could get the RP rolling. Ephesos, however, is still right: your character has paltry chances of surviving alone. Yes, he is a seasoned adventurer and a multiple-time hero, but he also just fell from the sky and has little ways of knowing where he actually is what the heck he is supposed to do.

For the record, on foot the ruins are a two or three day trip east from Emerald Cliff, and that's with optimal travel speed and not taking into account the hazards of the terrain. There are no further oasises and very little food in between.

EDIT: Curse me for a fool, I forgot the most important thing! The reason why I want your characters to be normal people instead of hard-boiled demonslayers? It's more dramatic that way! To the villagers, the supernatural is something new and horrifying, something they haven't experienced before and something they're not sure how to cope with now. To them, lifting the curse is a struggle, not something they could do in any Monday morning with a hangover. Save parody and epic deeds for other roleplays, I want to see terror and brooding desperation!

[ Tuesday, March 25, 2008 08:28: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #61
quote:
...I want your characters to be normal people...
That's why my character is struck unconscious twice in several days, he barely knows what he's doing! :P

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #62
Is the town meeting over? I want to talk to the chiefy. :P

And Frozen Feet, sometimes it's good to check your profile, maybe just to update it or in case someone sends you a question.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #63
Not yet. Dikiyoba was kind of expecting ET to post, but if he doesn't, Dikiyoba will make another post sometime tonight.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #64
Fixed both my posts so that it shows a reasonable reason on how my character reached Emerald Cliff in unhuman speed.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #65
Just for notes, I'll be camping during the week-end. I expect to see a healthy pile of new posts when I come back during Monday.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #66
Sorry about the delay, but I've posted. Feel free to invent a clockwork-y junk item from Demarkus's collection, if it suits your needs. Otherwise, I'll just think up a list myself.

Are Demarkus, Al, and Michael the only people in the 'main' party?

EDIT: Jeran, have you been watching Dr. Who or something?

[ Friday, April 04, 2008 20:47: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #67
Just a question Ephesos. Who's the inexplicably sighing man you're talked about in your IC post?

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

EDIT: Jeran, have you been watching Dr. Who or something?

Never once in my entire life.

*Facepalm* Nothing is original these days.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #69
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

Just a question Ephesos. Who's the inexplicably sighing man you're talked about in your IC post?
I'm quite confident he's referring to your character.

EDIT: The old woman is meant to be on of the village's healers. She was probably one to treat Alicia as well. Al, Michael and Demarkus will likely get a word about the morning's events before they leave.

EDIT2: Hoi! I just noticed I now have a permission to eliminate Talbot if it suits my whim. Maybe in the next message...

[ Sunday, April 06, 2008 09:33: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #70
It can't be Davion because he's still inside the meeting hall sleeping, well, unless the villagers threw him out.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #71
I just meant to emphasize that your character's just a little apathetic about things that aren't drinking and wenching, Azuma. Which is pretty much everything in this RP. :P

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #72
Dikyoba would like Michael to find something useful in all that junk, but Dikiyoba is not sure what at this point. Do you have a proposed list, Ephesos? Maybe it'll give Dikiyoba an idea.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #73
FF, I'm currently out of commission. My computer got all wierd and won't boot up properly. I'm not out of the RP, am I?

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #74
I'd be slightly amazed if FF is even reading this anymore, considering the incredible number of posts in the IC thread recently. The mind boggles.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*

Pages