Glued much?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Glued much?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #0
What made you stay in here? What glued you here? The debates? The community? The fluffy turtles?

Curiosity..my friends..

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #1
The intellectual conversations and occaisional funny spam. Also it's the only message boards I take part in so I check it almost every day.

Also Dikiyoba's stories and the gimmicks. Can't forget the gimmicks.

[ Wednesday, January 30, 2008 05:52: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Hmm... Ornks, gazers and guacamole. What kind of food would you get?
=:T:=
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #2
I just like it.

--------------------
"I've never owned Subterra" -Ed

"XP is Win32" -Nicoa
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #3
The Games. None of us would be here if it weren't for the games.

Then again, during the slow times between games, it's mostly the Community. I know a much better intellectual forum, and the debates here are always tame. Which is good, but there are less of them too. So, no. I don't stick around here for the debates, although I do participate occasionally. I wouln't want to come here if it weren't for the Games and the Community.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"To fly, throw yourself at the ground and miss." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
The games, mainly BoA, and that's it. I used to take part a lot in discussions, but I don't anymore. I want to be here for enjoyment and not for political/ethical debates that end up in flaming. Or should I write it flamming?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
I'm here because, as Scarface put it: you need me.

--------------------
You lose.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Er... Blades of Exile and the Blades of Exile Monster Arena? The Arena community was the first online community I joined, back far, far too long ago, and I've just hung around since.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #7
I'm sure Kel remembers this. Once, about two and a half years ago, we had a debate during which a person changed their mind about a subject. That's why.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I'm sure Kel remembers this. Once, about two and a half years ago, we had a debate during which a person changed their mind about a subject. That's why.
Just before my time. Like that will ever happen again.

I joined for the games and stayed to see how long it'll take me to reach 10,000 posts. Looks like another 3 years.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #9
The debates, really.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

What glued you here?
A poorly set memory cell.

Honestly, I don't know. I mean, a major part of the draw is Blades of Avernum, but I don't think that's the entire reason...

Eh, whatever it is, it works for me.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Warrior
Member # 6096
Profile Homepage #11
Mostly games.

Maybe the community, a little bit. It's a bit different here than on most forums I've visited, so the discussions are sometimes interesting to watch. I've watched the boards from 2001.

[ Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:07: Message edited by: *Milu* ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #12
Why I came originally is a piece of trivia I'm not going to spew out for the tenth time. I stayed because I liked this place and the people in it. Despite appearances (I am increasingly becoming a gnarly oldbie, and behaving all cynical and world-weary and moderatorially heavy-handed) I really like all of you. You're funny, spontaneous, on average about as weird as I am, and while the younguns over in the GF forums aren't all master spellers or great thinkers, we all started out some time. The obnoxious, illiterate newbie of today may become the obnoxious, sarcastic oldbie of tomorrow - look at me.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Spiders. More specifically, spiders in my brain.

—Alorael, who really doesn't want any help getting them out. Thanks for the offers, though!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Why I came originally is a piece of trivia I'm not going to spew out for the tenth time. I stayed because I liked this place and the people in it. Despite appearances (I am increasingly becoming a gnarly oldbie, and behaving all cynical and world-weary and moderatorially heavy-handed) I really like all of you. You're funny, spontaneous, on average about as weird as I am, and while the younguns over in the GF forums aren't all master spellers or great thinkers, we all started out some time. The obnoxious, illiterate newbie of today may become the obnoxious, sarcastic oldbie of tomorrow - look at me.
Aran... sorry to interrupt but I need to send you a PM concerning EE.

To stay on topic, I'll add this nugget to the goldmine:
Admit it. The only real reason you stay here is because the games are good and keep on coming. Everything else is secondary, or tertiary, etc.

--------------------
"To fly, throw yourself at the ground and miss." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Admit it. The only real reason you stay here is because the games are good and keep on coming. Everything else is secondary, or tertiary, etc.
Sorry, I hardly even play the games anymore and I probably won't buy any more from Spiderweb for at least a couple more years. They got me here but I stay because a couple people were nice to me and I liked it, and a couple of people were mean to me and I didn't mind it... ok, ok, I liked that, too. Plus it's easier to talk to y'all. Especially when I can think about a response for a day if I want.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #16
I have no idea why the heck I'm still here. I hardly post, only check General and even that usually mostly superficially. Sometimes there's a nice discussion, which I read, perhaps even all the pages that have generated at that time, but don't start following it much. Very rarely, I pop over to the game boards themselves, see that nothing's happening, and then forget them all over.

I don't even chat with you people anymore. :\

Still... I've grown to this place. I don't think I'll ever quite fully leave. Unless my computer blows up. Or my personality changes so much I become someone else entirely. But you know, otherwise, never.

--------------------
Pannaan kaikki hippulat vinkumaan! ^_^

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

What made you stay in here?
Spiderweb Is The Worst Form Of MessageBoard Except For All Those Other Forms That Have Been Tried From Time To Time.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #18
UPPER CASE OVERLOAD! HELP!!!!!

(I knew a guy who used to capitalize EVERY SINGLE WORD, so bear with me here)

--------------------
"I've never owned Subterra" -Ed

"XP is Win32" -Nicoa
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
quote:

Just email me, it's a lot easier.

-

Also, I hardly play the games anymore either. I still try out BoA scenarios from time to time, as well as put slight touches on my own eternal work-in-progress, but beyond that I've pretty much outgrown computer gaming.

--------------------
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

quote:

Just email me, it's a lot easier.

I'm not e-mailing anyone on these boards after Ed. Instead, just check "Recent Changes" on EE. A wrote an article "Trading" in Ermarian that I'd like you to look over.

On topic, it's surprising how many Spiderwebbers don't care about the Games anymore.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #21
Yes, Aran SO resembles Ed.

I, too, don't really play the games. BoA doesn't work well on this shiny new Mac (maybe I should set up my old one and play it). Geneforges are okay, but I only ever finished the first because I can't do ultra-long gaming sessions and screwed up some games on the others. Exile/Avernum/Nethergate sound fun, but I didn't buy all of them because it would pretty much be my parents' money and I don't want to up and make them spend fifty dollars on game crap.

So, I think it's really fun to have conversations with interesting, insightful people. I can read the responses over and over and use a quote function to bring up dead concepts without looking that awkward. And the things people write to each other are enjoyable in that typical conversation way. I don't even click on the game forums. It still hooks me.

I just hope this onslaught of new members isn't so pigheaded that I'm driven off. So far, they've done okay.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
Originally by Shard of Fire:

quote:
Yes, Aran SO resembles Ed.
Maybe Aran should stop mentioning his newbish beginnings and start playing up his cynical oldbieness. :P

What glued Dikiyoba here? A horrible accident involving Krazy Glue, Dikiyoba's elbow, and the wall right behind Dikiyoba's computer. It was tragic, but Dikiyoba learned to cope.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #23
I blame New Hampshire.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #24
It's a perfectly valid, ordinary means of communication, whose relation to a banned former member I don't honestly understand. I have around 50 Spiderwebbers in my Thunderbird address book, with nearly of whom I've exchanged messages in the past. There are real persons behind our member numbers, you know. It's not hard to enter a network of trust that pretty much pre-empts any risks of you having to delete emails from Ed Seymour or his kind.

--------------------

Pages