The Continuing Story of Spiderweb Software

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Continuing Story of Spiderweb Software
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #0
Contrary to the title, this topic actually involves a questionnaire.

1. If circumstances allowed for you to meet a fellow Spiderwebber who would you choose to meet?

2. What do you consider as the magnum opus of these boards?

3. Does the recent increase in spam content irk you?

4. What is the last Spiderweb game or BoA/BoE scenario you have completed.

5. Explain why you choose to participate in these boards.

6. Are you a regular poster at a satellite forum of SW? If so post the name(s) of it/them.

7. Of all current members, who do you think deserves to be a moderator. (Answer should not be a current moderator)

8. For simple consensus: what is your current country/nation/territory of residence? What is your native tongue?

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #1
1. Iffy..
2. Fluffy turtles..
3. Aye..
4. Geneforge 4..
5. No place to donate my sanity..
6. Aye..no, I am not..
7. Tough one..I vote..uh..Nalyd?
8. Philippines/Tagalog.. :rolleyes:

What's this for? Bah..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #2
quote:
1. If circumstances allowed for you to meet a fellow Spiderwebber who would you choose to meet?
I've found it best to leave people online online. Don't ask.

quote:
I don't know how to answer that since the boards are not just one person but made up of many that had contributed diffrent things that make this place special. TM made a large number of senerios for BoE, Dikiyoba wrote stories about the boards, Alorael who has a post count that is unmatched by any and questioned by some. I also missed other "magnum opuses" of other posters.

[quote]3. Does the recent increase in spam content irk you?/QUOTE]
Not really, I myself am guilty of spaming here and there.

quote:
. What is the last Spiderweb game or BoA/BoE scenario you have completed.
Does the A5 demo count? IF so I've burned through that 3 times now.

quote:
My history here all started because of a question I had about Exile or Exile 2 back when the Ikon board was running. I now sitck around for the Avernum games.

quote:
6. Are you a regular poster at a satellite forum of SW? If so post the name(s) of it/them.
I do not think so. Wait, does Polaris go here? Yes.

quote:
7. Of all current members, who do you think deserves to be a moderator. (Answer should not be a current moderator)
I am glad that I do not need to worry about these kind of choices and imagin that most here are glad that I don't make them.

quote:
8. For simple consensus: what is your current country/nation/territory of residence? What is your native tongue?
My residence is stated in my profile. I speak English as a first language and Spanish as a second.

--------------------
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!" -Through the Looking-Glass and what Alice Found There
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #3
1. If circumstances allowed for you to meet a fellow Spiderwebber who would you choose to meet? Emperor Tullegolar

2. What do you consider as the magnum opus of these boards? Mountain of Shadow, the Episodes, Blades

3. Does the recent increase in spam content irk you? There have been times that have irked me more (Ed), and I am getting over it (It=Iffy).

4. What is the last Spiderweb game or BoA/BoE scenario you have completed. Geneforge IV: Rebellion. Windows.

5. Explain why you choose to participate in these boards. I was young (10). I had ideas. Naturally, this made I shared them.

6. Are you a regular poster at a satellite forum of SW? If so post the name(s) of it/them. Nope.

7. Of all current members, who do you think deserves to be a moderator. (Answer should not be a current moderator) Alo should be an admin, but that's another story. Dikiyoba. I believe around the time Aran became a mod I was suggesting Thralni.

8. For simple consensus: what is your current country/nation/territory of residence? What is your native tongue? The Union of States in the Continents of North America and Oceania and the Union's Global Territories. Yay USCNAOUGT!

I speak many languages, and I learned them all around the same time. They are: English, Canadian, British, American, Australian, the Modern Lingua Franca, New Zealandish, Sealandish, Jamaican, Bahaman, and Anglo-Saxonese.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am."
-Nioca
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #4

Myself.

Subversion and diversion.

When I first joined (which seems to have been a really long time ago), everything was cool and clever and I thought the place was great and spam-free. And later I realized that I was the cause of spam and stupidity and that's why I had never noticed it before.

But I don't think you're as bad as I was. That's not a shot at you, just a tip that perceptions change.

Er... G3? A1?

Habit. As in, "$60 habit".

No.

Off the top of my head, SoT or Bain? But I think they were already offered the option and refused or something. Or maybe I'm just spreading rumors...

USA, English. But it's only a matter of time before all California's young people will be speaking Spanish. They're taking over, you see.

--------------------
It's just trying to say hi!
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #5
1. That is for me to know and you to guess (it might just be you).

2. Uh... Spidweb?

3. Not really. That is what makes me consitently come back.

4. G4. Faction Trakovite.

5. Don't question my motives.

6. No.

7. Dikiyoba.

8. MI, USA. English.

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #6
1. Kelandon

2. The introduction of insanity

3. To a degree

4. Perpetually perfecting my scenario which will probably not be released in the near future.

5. This board has people who can actually utilize proper grammar.

6. Most certainly not

7. Salmon

8. USA - American

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
1. Aran, but only to get my code debugged and/or debug his code.

2. Tim. Or The Cult of RW. Or the secret cabal that—ahem. Never mind.

3. Spam has been irking me for half a decade now. I'm not so sure it's actually worse than in the past, although the PPP could prove or disprove that. My personal belief is that hindsight has good spam filters.

4. A5.

5. Good question. I suppose because it's hard to meet people while holed up in a sniper's roost in Alaska.

6. Polaris, although I'm more of a sporadic poster.

7. I plead conflict of interests.

8. USA, English.

—Alorael, who wishes there were a better way to distinguish all the national dialects of English. Also it might be nice to distinguish English from Internetglish.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #8
1. Alorael - because I have no freaking idea at all who or what he/she/it actually is.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator NR Items The Lonely Celt A5 Items
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

You don't sit in the traffic jam; you are the traffic jam.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #10
1. Shard of Fire, because it wouldn't take effort and she seems like a fun person.
2. Nephil v Slith
3. You have no idea.
4. Completed? Mystery Manor Played? Thralni's thing (Yes, I played most recently with Thralni's thing)
5. I enjoy seeing ten cent ideas expressed with $100 words.
6. Yes. You wouldn't have heard of them though, they are kinda hush hush.
7. Honestly? No one deserves to be a moderator. Thankless, dirty job.
8. Kingdom of Loathing, literate.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Contrary to the title, this topic actually involves a questionnaire.

I recently hung out with Matt 'Djur' Boeh, but that doesn't really count.

Are You A Gay; there has never been nor will there ever be a better poll.

The spambots, being either automata or paid to do it, at least have an excuse.

Nethergate most recently, Nebulous Times Hence (TM's titles suck) in terms of most recent design.

Player hating.

I post on Polaris from time to time, and some people are morons and think Desp is a SW satellite.

I wuz robbed.

Argentina; Tierra del Fuego, Antarctica, and South Atlantic Islands; forcible sodomy.

[ Thursday, November 22, 2007 02:28: Message edited by: Najosz Thjsza Kjras ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #12

Not sure, choose between Aran, Dikiyoba and TM.

Drakefyre. I still can't stop thinking of him as Sephiroth

No, looking back at the archives makes me realise how bad things were back in those days. Now the forum has less mad spam and more quality spam. Plus less rants and "SCREW YOU GUYS IM GOING HOME!!!!!!" topics.

Currently almost finished Exile 3, last scenario I completed was Magus of Cattalon (Spelling?)

I was young. I liked it.

Been on SPUD-1 when it was in its infant stages and had a spammy time. Posted once or twice on its evolution into the Roost.

ME! No, just kidding. I'm not sure exactly, but Dikiyoba as number 1.

I live in Ireland, born in england. I speak two laungages, english and elven, as I am an NWN fanatic and my westron broke.

--------------------
You bot. I mod. -Alorael
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #13
Aran
TM is the only magnum opus that matters.
Meh, there's always someone new to spam the boards. I remember Ben. Nobody here currently spams it up as much as he did.
Avernum 4
And incriminate myself? I think not... ;)
I keep a close eye on The Lyceum, though posting is sparce.
Dikiyoba
US of A, English

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #14
Nikki

The Code of Community

Yes

Avernum 2

I have no life.

No

Synergy

USA. English

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
The answer to that has been the same for the past several years, and my old answer is well-known.

My opinion on the matter is obvious and not worth mentioning.

I don't think there has been an increase recently. I think it has just changed forms. Spam is at about a constant level; the only things that change are the names of the spammers.

It's relatively obvious given the boards that I post on.

The story of my joining is well-documented (or at least the story I normally tell).

I've been at others, but I left them. These stories are undoubtedly known.

No more moderators are needed.

This is plain.

[ Thursday, November 22, 2007 09:28: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #16

Emperor Tullegolar

Dikiyoba

Spam? Where?

A5

Spiderweb junkie.

Yes, The Roost.

Nalyd. Failing that, Ed.

U.S. Bah. English.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #17
JadeWolf

Interesting, some Vocabulary I don't know...

Not really, it is kind of entertaining. And I end up adding to that, even though most of the time I don't mean to.

Completed? As in doing every possible thing? None. I don't have that kind of patience. And I don't remember the last one I beat.

Once you register, you must come back eventually.

The Roost

I personally would do my very best job as one, but as that is unlikly to happen any time soon, I choose Dikiyoba.

United States, and I'm not giving any more info. And I speak US English. That is all.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #18
Hmm. How's Aachen this time of the year?
Creation of the BoE/BoA communities.
Yes. Yes it does.
Nethergate Resurrection
I was a long-time lurker turned poster. My participation has always been quite limited, though.
To avoid being revealed a moron: No.
Anyone the admins want to appoint. I don't really care.
The first language spoken by natives at geographic coordinates provided below.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
1. Dikiyoba, Ephesos or Alorael. But honestly I would prefer a real convention with everybody over a meeting between two members.

2. Firstly, a magnum opus is a grand work, a masterpiece. I suppose that with "who" you are asking for the most prominent member.

But personality cults are worthless. I'll list several persons who I think are contributing or have contributed a lot to the community (which includes the satellites, and thus people banned here): Kel and TM are likely the best scenario designers around, Alec writes astute if impassioned political commentary, TGM makes graphics, Nikki writes great poems (on Shadow Vale though - we really should have another poetry thread here), Ephesos, Premonition, Sir David, Dikiyoba, Nazgul, Dintiradan, Frozen Feet and others have produced awesome roleplays. The list isn't done yet.

3. Only when I'm around to see it. Of late, I've been kept up to date by the RSS feed and complaints over AIM and, so the stuff I read is mostly what needs mod action or is interesting.

4. That would be Embers of Rebellion.

5. I couldn't get A3 to start in 2003. Then I just stuck around.

6. Polaris, Shadow Vale, and I lurk at Desp.

7. Dikiyoba. Ephesos could get another modship, too.

8. Six degrees east and forty-two degrees north, very roughly. I speak ze German, but I speak also ze English whole well.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #20
Andraste
Spiderweb chats
Yes. Spam normally does.
Completed? N:R, Played? A5
It was originally to ask a question.
Shadow Vale (duh) and Polaris when it's active
It sounds terrible, but I really stopped caring when I got my modship. :P
USA, American English

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #21
Dikiyoba, possibly Synergy or Archmage Alex.

Fluffy kittens/turtles.

A bit.

Geneforge 1, most recently.

I have no free will anymore. Why did I join? Geneforge.

No.

I dunno... Student of Trinity?

USA; English, etc.

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #22
Hey again, Nico. :)

Nicothodes, Lazarus, TM.

RiB. Or TM.

Meh. Spam happens.

Game:
Completed? Avernum 4. Played? Geneforge 1.

Scenario:
Completed? Discord. Played? TNS (Thralni's thing).

Mainly because I get on with several members, but also for the Blades community.

Shadow Vale.

Nobody. Not even Salmon (sorry).

England, English English.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - bigger than Jesus?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
opus is a work. RiB should be described by a different tense, which would probably be something like "that which will be a work". But my Latin is lacking.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #24
Probably Salmon, to go fishin' on the new boat.
The time a number of us spammed one topic into (I believe) a full-blown UBB malfunction, and subsequently were slapped on the wrist by Imban. Or the "Undead Topics Need Loving, Too (a.k.a. monikers)" thread.
Just the nature of it. It's pretty dumb right now, without the naivete of Ben's spam. That, or I'm just a lot less patient these days.
Diplomacy with the Dead.
Bored at work.
Nope.
No one. The current mods are solid.
United States of America; English. You know, country and nation are more or less synonymous.

[ Friday, November 23, 2007 07:51: Message edited by: Drew ]

--------------------
In today’s America, there are more World of Warcraft players than farmers.

Pages