SpidWeb Boards..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SpidWeb Boards..
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #0
It's old as I far as I know..do you think Jeff should add new features to it? A delete post option is helpful you know..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #1
Its better that insted of deleting posts you could edit them.If you don't like something you just change it.
Other new features would just make it more complicated to post something and it would be useles.

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRA@ all will go well!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #2
A delete post option would be an obvious help in that accidental double posts would be avoided.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
A delete post option would be an obvious help in that accidental double posts would be avoided.

EDIT: My point is proven here. Double and Triple posts here are common. A delete post option would take the load off Mods.

Then again. Knowing their odd stance on "We don't delete posts" it'd probably just annoy them. Mods _hate_ the common member gaining power.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 04:27: Message edited by: There is no Joker here but me. ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #4
As far as I know, deleted posts still increase your post count. With the spam fests we've had in the past, do you really think that giving every single member with three or more brain cells the opportunity to artificially increase their number of posts is a smart move? The increased server load from that alone would make it unfeasible.

EDIT: Now, editing posts - that's a good option.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 04:42: Message edited by: Redstart ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #5
I never quite understood that. Deleted posts should not count in your post-count (Bad gammar) yet they still do. Another UBB oddity.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
Yes, I agree! Jeff should totally start opening up those PHP and Perl scripts and mess around with an application that already works like crap in a language he might never have used before to add features we've coped without for six years.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 05:40: Message edited by: root ]

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #7
A-men.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by root:

Yes, I agree! Jeff should totally start opening up those PHP and Perl scripts and mess around with an application that already works like crap in a language he might never have used before to add features we've coped without for six years.
Who said anything about altering this place? And if it "already works like crap" then why are we still using it? I don't think a single post except yours has said anything of the sort yet. Only that there _may_ _Potentially_ be _somewere_ a better system or _maybe_ something _could_ be done to possibly _alter_ the way things ran here. No-one expressed discontent over the way this place runs.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #9
Most boards dedicated to deeper discussions like the ones that sometimes occur here don't even have an edit option, let alone a delete option. For better or worse, what you say stays.

--------------------
The humour is gone.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by LakiRa@:

Its better that insted of deleting posts you could edit them.If you don't like something you just change it.
Other new features would just make it more complicated to post something and it would be useles.

*cough* Look at that nice little bar at the top of your post: see the edit button? Use it to edit your post so you can take out that obviously unnecesary and slightly dumb comment that an edit button should be included.

Thank you.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #11
As we've seen, people who edit out the entire contents of their posts can make threads very nonsensical. Deletions would only make that worse. I like things how they are.

—Alorael, who does not, of course, like the UBB. It's a clunky, crotchety old dinosaur. If there were any easy way to migrate to a new board, he'd say do it immediately. In the absence of a simple solution, he still encourages switching to some supported forum software.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
Originally by Thralni:

quote:
*cough* Look at that nice little bar at the top of your post: see the edit button? Use it to edit your post so you can take out that obviously unnecesary and slightly dumb comment that an edit button should be included.

Thank you.
I know LakiRa@ has edited posts and has probably seen some very obvious examples of people editing posts before, so I think the intent of that post was "We don't need a delete post feature since we already have an edit post feature", not a request for an edit post feature.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
This place was perfect until you whippersnappers started poking around. Around these parts we like to think for a spell before pressing the New Topic or Post Reply buttons. It gives us time to cogitate and formulate something useful, rather than to regurgitate old conversations just because a particular sense of boredom has rolled over us, like so many little cat feet.

Edit - Too unfamiliar with controls, too old. Misremembered names of control buttons, their purpose, and the end result.

[ Thursday, October 04, 2007 08:50: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #14
I didnt mean any post should be deleted. In many forums its possible only to delete the last post in the thread if you made it. Topics without replies may be deleted in the same way. By the member that started them.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
#7557...

Your Location (in your profile) is to die for.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

#7557...

Your Location (in your profile) is to die for.

*Bows Graciously*
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #17
I agree, great location. However, I hate to nitpick, but you misspelled "knowledge".

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #18
Yeah. Sarcasm is dead.

And ending a phrase with a preposition? Your "higher knowlage" is beneath me.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #19
"This is the sort of thing up with which I will not put." - Teddy Roosevelt when faced with a similar accusation

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #20
quote:
This place was perfect until you whippersnappers started poking around.
Does that mean you are old, Salmon, since you are typing that? Do you have a grey scaley beard?

Also, forgive me if I spelled "beard" wrong.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

"This is the sort of thing up with which I will not put." - Winston Churchill when faced with a similar accusation
Not necessarily a model grammarian, but a decent war time leader. I had assumed that #7557 was in school, and would be learning and using proper grammar. My bad.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by There is no Joker here but me.:

I don't think a single post except yours has said anything of the sort yet. Only that there _may_ _Potentially_ be _somewere_ a better system or _maybe_ something _could_ be done to possibly _alter_ the way things ran here. No-one expressed discontent over the way this place runs.
That's because it doesn't need to be stated. This forum crashes about twice a year. Members have randomly lost their accounts, threads have vanished. It is often slow, returns errors, or does weird things nobody can explain.

UBB 6 has all the elegance of a Borg cube and all the rationality of a mad elder god. That's why I like to call it UBB'Nigurath.

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #23
This will see random at first but after thinking about it you'll understand. People on SPidweb are way to prideul over nothing.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #24
*thinks about it*

Nope. Still random. I'd like to see how you came to that conclusion, though.

#7557, dwelling on UBB's problems gets us nowhere, because unless the thing breaks, it's not changing. Actually, dwelling on UBB's problems tends to increase the odds of said problems occurring, odd as it may sound. In the end, though, it's a lot more trouble than it's worth.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse

Pages