SpidWeb Boards..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SpidWeb Boards..
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

So, what was your source for that quote?
To be honest, I'm not sure. It just came off the top of my head, really. But I think it was from some book by George Grant.

Interesting that there are so many versions of the quote out there. Makes you wonder about its authenticity. Personally, I think he did say something like that, but so many people repeated it that it was recorded half a zillion different ways.

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I've only seen it attributed to Churchill, which makes me think it probably came from him or from a single source deliberately attributing it to him. The internet is inconclusive.

—Alorael, who enjoys phrase etymology. It is something up with which he can put up for hours.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Acrobatic Cormorants:

It is something up with which he can put up for hours.
I see you are a Paul McCartney fan: "In this ever-changing world in which we live in...."

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #28
Bah..why don't you just create quotes of your own..and does anyone here cares if the boards had a Quick Reply function? And also, direct links to a page to a thread when in overview?

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by Acrobatic Cormorants:

It is something up with which he can put up for hours.
I see you are a Paul McCartney fan: "In this ever-changing world in which we live in...."

I thought about making the grammar completely butchered, opted not to, and then failed to un-butcher, resulting in only moderately humorous writing.

—Alorael, who would apologize if he didn't like how it turned out. And there you can see why this is non-up-puttable nonsense.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #30
quote:
This will see random at first but after thinking about it you'll understand. People on SPidweb are way to prideul over nothing.

Starman, you are not a spiderwebber. For some people it takes a while to tell, but you are obvious. Don't take it personaly though.

And nothing is everything.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.

Pages