# of games bought from jeff

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: # of games bought from jeff
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #25
I've bought every Spiderweb game save the Geneforge series. I can't stand them.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #26
Mac versions of:
BoE
BoA
Avernum 1-4
Genforge 1-4
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #27
Just bought:

1. Nethergate: Res,
2. and the $15 promotional CD for Blades of Avernum.
3. Exile: Escape from the Pit, sometime in the 1990's.

Until some recent google searching for "Ultima-like RPG's", I had no idea that all this game development was going on.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #28
I registered Exile 1-3, BoE

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Arenax:

Hmm, these are the only ones I bought - all four. Maybe I didn't give the others a fair enough chance. The storylines just were not compelling enough to make up for the graphics. Am I the only one that thinks the Geneforge storylines are the best?
Apprentice
Member # 2473
Profile #30
I think the avernum series has a very good storyline. At least the first 3 parts. In fact, its the storyline that got me interested in it initially.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #31
Both storylines are very good. They both have their low points, and their high points, but they're both original and enjoyable. I enjoyed both of the series.

--------------------
I don't need no stinking signature.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Stillness:

quote:

Hmm, these are the only ones I bought - all four. Maybe I didn't give the others a fair enough chance. The storylines just were not compelling enough to make up for the graphics. Am I the only one that thinks the Geneforge storylines are the best?

I like the story itself in Geneforge 1 and the way the story unfolds and is treated in Geneforge 4 (even though it's not the best actual story).

Exile/Avernum 2 is the best of every spidweb game, I think, in the story sense. Exile/Avernum 1 and 3 both have better *premises* though.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Iffy:

G4
Got A1-4 and G1-3 as well as BoA from my brother.

All of which were PC versions, for those wondering.

I feel a little annoyed at myself for spending the money on the Geneforge games...if it weren't for Iffy, I'd not have done it, because I'm not exactly fond of them.

Oh well. Jeff needs all the money he can get if he is to keep making these games, after all.

EDIT: Oh, and I did recently purchase Nethergate: Resurrection as well...PC, of course.

[ Monday, September 03, 2007 20:58: Message edited by: DanielJacksonMPC ]

--------------------
Well that signature was out of date, since I've not been here in forever.
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #34
Let me see:

Exile 2 & 3, BoE
Nethergate
Avernum 1,3 & 4
Geneforge 1,2,3

That's ten already... oh dear

Edit: PS: I think they were all for Mac but I could be wrong.

[ Tuesday, September 04, 2007 03:59: Message edited by: Locmaar ]
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #35
Well I've been wanting a Nethergate Res CD and Hintbook and since I have sheepshaver running acceptably I broke down and ordered the Exile Trilogy w/hintbooks, BoE on CD (for my collection), and a Nethergate Res hintbook and disk.

Other than things like Galactic Core I think I own them all now.......What can I say, the guy makes fun games. I like fun games.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #36
I have

DEMOS of:
Avernum 1-4, + Blades of Avernum
Exile
Geneforge
Nethergate + Nethergate: Ressurection

BOUGHT:
Geneforge 2-4

--------------------
Microsoft is like a herd of dragons with amoebic dysentery: massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

Death takes a holiday.

How not to do it: "Hi, Mr. Dragon. I've come to destroy you, so would you mind if I borrowed your Fireproof Skin Balm recipe first?"
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Stillness:

quote:

The Geneforge 4 storyline seems slick and unique from what I've seen in the Demo. It's not anything like an Ultima, that's for sure.

I also like the way Nethergate: Res. has been unfolding as I've been playing, and don't think there are enough games that mesh fantasy with historical fact. I wasn't sure how I'd like the Roman/Celt thing at first, being a bit off the beaten Fantasy path, but I'm a big fan now. I'd love to see a Nethergate 2 ... if the story allows for that (since I haven't finished it yet I can't say).
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #38
Bought so far (all for Windows):
BoE
Exile Trilogy
A1 & A2
G1 (twice, though I'm not quite sure how), G2 & G3

Planning to buy A3, A4, BoA, & G4 eventually

Also, I would've liked to at least tried Galactic Core, since I've seen similar games, but I don't have either a Mac computer or a Mac emulator.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Ming:

... if the story allows for that (since I haven't finished it yet I can't say).
Note: Spoilers follow

I can see a sequel, but my idea would involve a modern times expedition team--one from Britain, the other from Italy, to represent the two sides--journeying through a portal that appears to the world the faeries and other magical creatures all journeyed to through the Nethergate...and there could be this neat story of how things develop there, maybe some time travel elements if Jeff wants to toss in the fact that the things that went through were spread over the timeline of that world due to the destabilization of the Nethergate...competing elements and sides...say, one side when they go through loses all of their modern equipment due to something in the story(in this case, firearms and the like are lost, maybe due to a variation on the Crones) and has to use swords, bows, and learns magic, while the other side gets to keep their modern equipment and doesn't learn magic(but can still, say, use magical items found) and projects their power that way...

I don't know...it's more of a mish-mash of ideas than a solid game idea, but it might work neatly, if developed.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by DanielJacksonMPC:

..and there could be this neat story of how things develop there, maybe some time travel elements if Jeff wants to toss in the fact that the things that went through were spread over the timeline of that world due to the destabilization of the Nethergate...competing elements and sides...say, one side when they go through loses all of their modern equipment due to something in the story(in this case, firearms and the like are lost, maybe due to a variation on the Crones) and has to use swords, bows, and learn magic

I don't know...it's more of a mish-mash of ideas than a solid game idea, but it might work neatly, if developed.[/QB]
Few things I thought of based on your post -

1. I can't help but think of a Stargate reference from your screen name. :)

2. Ultima: Worlds of Adventure (time travel included, portals, technology, the works)

IMAGE(http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/984844523-00.gif)

IMAGE(http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/original/984845718-00.gif)

[ Tuesday, September 11, 2007 10:24: Message edited by: Ming ]
Warrior
Member # 6714
Profile Homepage #41
Yes, the name is based on a Stargate character...it's also a pretty old name I don't use anywhere else but I don't feel like changing it to the current name I do use.

As for possible Ultima references...purely unintended, as I never played the Ultima games.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #42
I just ordered BoA and Nethergate: Resurrection. Yay!

Too bad I won't have time to play either.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #43
BoA and GF4 for MAc. Getting more soon though. many, many more (thinking along the lines of all the other Avernums and Geneforges)

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #44
All for Windows
Geneforge series
Avernum 4

I cant stand avernum1-3 nor the nethergate
Havent tried exile series
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #45
E3
A1
A2
A3
BOA
A4

G1
G2
G3
G4

Nethergate Rez

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #46
E3
BoE
BoA
A4
G4

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
BoaEdit

Pages