What do people think..

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What do people think..
Apprentice
Member # 8596
Profile #25
???

And on a side note, I probably should actually try some of the games here sometime. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

As for my relationship with Imban, well.... *blushes* It's something I shouldn't talk about in public.

--------------------
ni~pah
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #26
I've showed my BoA work to some people, but really only to people who appreciated it.

Also, BoA is responsible for me having a job this summer.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #27
Mostly, my friends' reactions range from polite disinterest to willingness to try, and one of whom I managed to get addicted to the Geneforge series (but he doesn't post on these boards). With the exception of wii sports, Spiderweb games are the only ones I play these days.

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by WiKiSpidweb:

Imban is Imban's cat-eared maid.
Only if he has access to two different internet connections and is careful enough never to mingle them.

Imban is, however, aware of ICEM/ITC and likely of his/her identity (or at least enough that he can deny with confidence it's Feran).

Which, of course, means everyone knows.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #29
Ephesos, how on earth did BoA get you a job?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #30
I have some friends who just can't understand why I would want to play a game with such graphics, I have some friends who completely understand I would like to play such a game, and I have several friends who mostly think of what fun it would be to make a BoA scenario.

And there's my mother, who absolutely hates computer games.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
Exile 2 is my ex-girlfriend's favourite computer game. I've never really had occasion to talk about SW games with anyone else I know meatside.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1829
Profile #32
I mostly get the expected 'Uh, ok, if it makes you happy' response when I point out the existence of Spiderweb's games. A shame really, but it speaks for people that they don't look past the outer layer.
Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #33
People I know generally react well... see, I'm friends with nerds, and I've already introduced my little brother and cousins to spiderweb games. They just love the idea of pounding the living hell out of everything randomly with a brigade of sliths [they call them the "lizard brigade."] IMAGE(tongue.gif)

--------------------
HIHI!!!! *hugs indescriminantly* take that, FEEL THE LOVE!!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #34
So you're a nerd yourself Ezrah?
BTW..most recent people seeing me play SpidWeb games have shown interest..but some still calls me a geek when they see me playing SW games..
That's when I get my Jade Halberd..

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #35
Hubby rolls his eyes at my choice of games. It's only fair, I guess, since I roll my eyes at his boring realtime flight simulator games. I can't see how that would be even slightly fun but he can't get enough.

The kids want to play but none of them really know how to read well enough yet. Ashley could probably do it if she tried, but she'd get bored from the effort. The others have said it's OK, but I think they were just being polite.

As for the forums, you all are officially 'those people' and how I can even talk to you remains a mystery to some. When I point out that I am one of 'those people' the issue usually drops.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #36
The most I get is "What's that stupid noise? What're you doing in there?" when I'm selecting targets for a spell.

--------------------
Dink! Dink! Dink! Dink! Dink! Dink! Dink! Dink!
Ka-Whoosh!
Apprentice
Member # 3428
Profile Homepage #37
I'm a furry, I think that the nerd part is pretty much a given after that. IMAGE(tongue.gif) I've seen the hardest motorhead or marine, that just happens to be a furry; I think its an auto-qualifier IMAGE(tongue.gif)

--------------------
HIHI!!!! *hugs indescriminantly* take that, FEEL THE LOVE!!!!
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #38
I showed BoA to my friend before I started going to school with her. It turns out she's pretty popular (but nice) and didn't really play computer games at all anymore. She must have been really weirded out. Plus, my party kept getting killed (like, a LOT) in a DoK (!) battle.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder.:

I'm a furry
What's a FURRY?

--------------------
Oh you're a cute Adze-Haakai you are..
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Haakai-Tender Valcrist:

quote:
Originally written by Ezrah, Kitty of Wonder.:

I'm a furry
What's a FURRY?

Wikipedia is your friend.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
And your friends have that tendency to answer questions you may not want to know the answer to. IMAGE(tongue.gif)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Apprentice
Member # 8739
Profile #42
I think the most I got whilst playing Avernum was an odd look from a roomie at the time, who then immediately lost interest and went back to what he was doing.

Though I think it might've had something to do with my encounter with the GIFTS, at the time.

``He's a giant, intelligent and friendly talking spider, his name's Spider!''
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #43
I suppose the most interesting reaction that I've gotten on account of Spiderweb games and the community more generally is the well-documented reaction that Wizcozski had a few years back.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #44
Only once has any one observed me playing a game of Spidweb origin (which is surprising since I play them all the time). The person happened to be my little brother, who stared in awe for three hours. I submitted to his begging to play it. He didn't have any idea what he was doing, in fact, his party died fighting a bunch of rats in Fort Talrus.

[ Wednesday, May 16, 2007 14:31: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
WWJD?
Apprentice
Member # 2124
Profile Homepage #45
The responses I get are very strange. When they see Exile / Avernum, my friends are like, "OMFG THOSE GRAPHIX SUXXORZ!" But when I show them ADOM, they immediately turn around and go, "BAHAHAHAH I LV1 AND I WAS TOTALLY PWNED BY THAT STONE GUARDIAN!"

And then my fiance thinks the scenarios don't have enough story-depth and role-play. Go figure. o_O
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by Fruity Ball of Yogurty:

I showed BoA to my friend before I started going to school with her. It turns out she's pretty popular (but nice) and didn't really play computer games at all anymore. She must have been really weirded out. Plus, my party kept getting killed (like, a LOT) in a DoK (!) battle.
Heh. That's kinda funny, and kinda sad... and I made the thing, and I'm still surprised I wasn't laughed out of the room for the combat.

quote:
Originally written by Yama:

Ephesos, how on earth did BoA get you a job?
These guys liked the experience I had with BoA. Now, I'm slated to teach game modding (Battlefield 2, specifically) to kids this summer, in addition to one on basic 3d game creation and a beginners' 2d class. I'm psyched.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #47
Well.... some people dislike BoAs .
They don't like the graphics

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #48
Ephesos, where are you teaching that? Nalyd is going to a tech camp for that exact course, in Cleveland, OH.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 7745
Profile #49
My bro thinks they suck. But i like the battle system.

Mostly i play mainstream strategy and rpg games though.

Pages