Posting Habits

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Posting Habits
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #0
How do you post? Do you randomly post throughout the day, checking back every so often for new posts? Do you check in once, and post everything in one fell swoop? Or do you do something completely different, that hasn't occurred to The Doctor yet?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #1
Lately when I enter this page I first go to the G4 forum and see what interesting post I may find, then I go to General and try to find anything that is not about nuclear weapons, or hypothetical thoughts or things the like...
I tend to check first the post that I have already posted in to see if there is some answer or quote or something, and then I look in the new post.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #2
Perhaps you meant to make a poll?

I usually post here first, then sidle over to Geneforge.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #3
I start at the bottom of the game forums and work my way up to General. I usually read most of the topics that have new posts.

Going to have to cut back posting since I have too much else to do right now.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #4
The Doctor goes right into "Today's Active Topics", looks over everything, and posts wherever he can make sense.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
I read all new posts and check back multiple times a day. The first time I get on, I read through the new posts by entering individual forums and clicking on the topics. After that, I use the Today's Active Topics feature.

Dikiyoba starts at the top and works Dikiyoba's way down at times and starts at the bottom and works Dikiyoba's way up at other times. Occasionally, Dikiyoba reads them in order from most interesting-looking to least interesting-looking.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #6
I at least in these days, start a post almost every day, heck I almost started a topic I while back. But I hesitate for some reason, meh to bad
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #7
When I have something to say about an issue or poll, which is rare, then sure, I'll post. But I try not to insult anyone, subtly or not. Admittedly, this principle makes it hard to say all I want to say. I don't follow current events very often, so I can't really participate in political debates either. Nothing I say during them can be remotely useful or interesting.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #8
Bottom up. I would use the Today's Active Topics page if it included post times like IPB does.

[ Saturday, March 10, 2007 18:58: Message edited by: Tyran ]

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #9
I simply go to Today's Active Topics and just randomly pick and choose my way through the list.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #10
I start at the bottom and work my way up, missing out GF4, A4, and the GF Trilogy until last.

I only come on once a day, and I'm only here for about an hour usually.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #11
I visit once or twice a day, more if I'm at work and I'm looking to shirk my duties. The Geneforge forum is my bread and butter, but I check out General as well just to antagonize people. I also like the Avernum forums, but I avoid technical threads and the tech forum itself. I also avoid the Exile forums just because I don't remember those games well anymore. I do keep my eye on the Richard White forum, though, just to keep the cult scum in check.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #12
Yeah, I tend to skim the Avernum forums, then eventually crack open General. Then I usually go back to work.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #13
I look at all the forums (Geneforge almost never) post replys, and maybe create a topic.

--------------------
WWJD?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #14
I never read any of the dreck, instead writing a scathing comment based solely on my current rage level. I temper it so that I antagonize the proper people without alerting the false authorities which govern this place. Had you created a poll, instead of this completely useless topic, I would have picked "Post for effect."

[ Sunday, March 11, 2007 17:24: Message edited by: Spent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #15
Salmon's title really should be Generic Oldbie.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Generic Oldbie
Aspiring Trademark.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #17
My posting habits usually involve going to Shadow Vale and working my way down the forum list. Once in a while I'll come to SW and post something in General, but unless something catches my eye at the BoA forums, I don't really go anywhere else.

That said, if there's something I specifically need to ask at the BoA Editor forum, I'll do it. But that doesn't really happen much.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #18
After a month or so of extreme and unusual postliness, I now post about once a week, just when there's something really interesting going on. Like a mugging.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #19
I check these forums roughly every other day and post at perfect eclipses and 29th of february.

In reality I post more often, but I suppose you get the point.

--------------------
I have nothing more to do in this world, so I can go & pester the inhabitants of the next one with a pure concscience.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #20
I post when I can, which has lately been less and less. Dang junior high schedules.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #21
Whatever is currently interesting me at the time. Currently, that would be Geneforge and inevitably at some point I'll start lurking again.

--------------------
Milla-Displacer Beastie

This is also a good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #22
Lurking? That used to be my job. Very absorbing. very un-satisfying. And your post count hits the pits.

Oh, and about your PDN: Is that Milla from the Garth Nix book The Seventh Tower?

[ Tuesday, March 13, 2007 16:25: Message edited by: Sarasaphilia ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #23
Once a year.

Or thrice.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #24
First I visit the Lyceum, then I check the Spiderweb forums from the bottom up usually skipping most and ending on General also going through the topics from the bottom up and also skipping many. I have only used Today's Active Topics once and it didn't seem any faster or better then the way I've always done it so I haven't done it again.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

Pages