Oldbiehood

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oldbiehood
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #50
I'm wondering why Zeviz decided to use the hardcore ascension tattoo from KoL in the first one.. I mean, is his keyboard not capable of doing that one?

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #51
Slarty - you need an extra question to get some information about the length that responders have been members. For the newer members even my one year made some people consider me an oldbie.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #52
The focus of this topic feels like another soulless exercise of exalting quantity over quality.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by Now With Responsibility:

I'm wondering why Zeviz decided to use the hardcore ascension tattoo from KoL in the first one.. I mean, is his keyboard not capable of doing that one?
I

Zeviz's third definition allows Dikiyoba to 2.5 of an oldbie, which is more than Dikiyoba will get with most other definitions. Don't knock it. :P
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #54
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Slarty - you need an extra question to get some information about the length that responders have been members. For the newer members even my one year made some people consider me an oldbie.
This is further proven by the fact that 7 different people consider me an oldbie. Which I'm not.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #55
Three fourths for the last definition. I don't get that guy with the white mustache at all.

Black Marks and Black Mark Cabbages are still referred to nearly as often as sanity and fluffy turtles. Bush Enacts Exile Plan has been mentioned only 3-4 times in all the years since I came here. I wouldn't know about Patsi and Fumurr at all if I hadn't read the archives... somewhere. Desp, maybe? I'm sure they're no longer there...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #56
i am higly amused that people consider me to be an oldbie. I guess it's the member number. For the record, I have only been here since November 2005, which make sm quite definitely not an oldbie.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #57
I am slightly miffed that Upon mars made the list of possible oldbies and I did not.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #58
I am slightly miffed that you are complaining, but clearly did not read the original post.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #59
quote:
Originally written by Sarasaphilia:

Visual aid is required for this particular post.

Where's Archmage Alex when you need him?

IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/pocketchange.gif)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #60
It seems that some people never become 'oldbies' or to follow Aran's description, elders of the family. Some might just be that reclusive uncle that still lives in Grannies attic, but pokes his head into family affairs sometimes, or the somewhat crazed cousin that everyone dislikes when he comes by, which isn't often... etc. They aren't respected oldbies but over a large period of time they are a stable part of the forums.

If someone had obviously been active for an extended period of time before I joined, I would consider them 'oldbies'. That tends to allow people in the # 2999 and less range.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #61
Not exactly what I pictured when he said visual aid, but whatever floats your boat.

--------------------

Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by Now With Responsibility:

+1 coolness point for recognizing the picture
-1 oldbieness point for missing the Iconboard reference
:P

TM's black marks were posted in massively oversized font. Since UBB doesn't allow non-standard fonts, I had to either make a picture (which I am too lazy to do) or find something that looked similar.

quote:
Originally written by The Sorcerer:

Three fourths for the last definition. I don't get that guy with the white mustache at all.
Drakey's avatar from Iconboard.
quote:
... I wouldn't know about Patsi and Fumurr at all if I hadn't read the archives... somewhere. Desp, maybe? I'm sure they're no longer there...
TM has the posts archived somewhere, but I forgot where exactly. (It's either his site or an old ezboard subforum.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Slartanalycyst:

I am slightly miffed that you are complaining, but clearly did not read the original post.
Actually, I did. I just was subconscious at the time. That, coupled with my incredible tendency to forget stuff I've just read erased it completely from my mind. Now, all is clear once again.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #64
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

Drakey's avatar from Iconboard.
You mean Jethro.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #65
quote:
Originally written by Drakey long, long ago:

I believe you're referring to me. I have eight current scenarios in development, one of them being a post-Exile III scenario. One of them is pre-Exile, and others are harder to explain

So when's RiB coming out?

—Alorael, who believes TM has the goods here. Drakey still has some BEEP (did he ever copy and upload it?), and TM has all the cabbages anyone will ever need.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8108
Profile Homepage #66
My opinion is that you graduate from newb-hood when Dikiyoba recognizes you in her writings. Or when you exceed 200 posts. Whichever comes first.

And when you graduate from newb-hood, you move up to be a semi-newb. When you exceed 1500 posts, or have been a Spidweb member for at least three years, you become an almost-oldbie.

And when you've been a Spidweb member for five years, you're an oldbie.

And when you've been around forever, e.g. *i, you are above oldbiehood.

Wow. I've had WAY too many kitty treats. I'm not usually this serious.

[ Friday, February 16, 2007 13:21: Message edited by: Worf the Cat ]

--------------------
Feed me. NOW.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #67
Are you Sarasaphilia Worf?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #68
Yep, it's me. I wanted to see how many people actually know who Worf is.

I'm still in the process of teaching him how to type.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #69
It is a very bad idea to equate oldbie status with post count. There are several newer users with amazing posting abilities...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #70
Not to mention the 1/2 amazing ones.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 8080
Profile Homepage #71
I am offended, and this poll is incomplete. Poo-poo.

--------------------
Maybe they're shocked. They might just be bug-eyed, not burglars. But at any rate, 8080 definitely is the smiley of two people slack-jawed with awe.

—Robin Thomas for Prez in 2024—
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #72
A lot of posting could mean that they know a lot about the forums, help a lot...etc. And then there's some of us who go into hiding after five posts. And reappear years later. And still know next to nothing about the forums yet still are considered oldbies.

An oldbie should be someone who helps out a lot and always knows what's going on.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #73
Originally by Sarasaphilia:

quote:
An oldbie should be someone who helps out a lot and always knows what's going on.
Those are helpful people or people worthy of respect, not oldbies. There may be a lot of overlap, but don't try to equate them.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #74
quote:
Originally written by Worf the Cat:

When you exceed 1500 posts, or have been a Spidweb member for at least three years, you become an almost-oldbie.
I think I might have discovered a slight flaw in your theory SaraWorfphilia. Specifically, me. If the 1500 rule was true, I would be well on my way to being an oldbie by now.

--------------------

Pages