Oldbiehood

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oldbiehood
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #75
I am curious as to who the two are that think Drakefyre is not an Oldbie. The only person here who could reasonably make that claim is Jeff...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #76
Presumably, they are so newly arrived that they do not know who Drakefyre is. A reasonable possibility, given that he hasn't posted much lately.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #77
Alorael's recent taunts cut deep, and he has withdrawn into bitter solitude. His potato comforts him in vain.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #78
I prefer to think that he's gone into seclusion to finish a scenario. Any scenario.

[Edit: Virtual comma splice!]

—Alorael, who is of course a fine one to throw stones. He has done absolutely nothing for the Spiderweb community to date. He just hangs around taking up virtual space and eating all the virtual chips.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 13:45: Message edited by: Nuclear Socks ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #79
Alorael is find out how many posts you can make in a single account before the UBB swallows it in digust

Edit - depending on whether the UBB uses a 16 or 32 bit word to hold post count we should reach the first place where something strange happens late next year when Alorael goes over 16,384.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 19:27: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

I am curious as to who the two are that think Drakefyre is not an Oldbie. The only person here who could reasonably make that claim is Jeff...
From what I can tell, at least three current members joined the Spiderweb community before Drakefyre did.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #81
I'm not an oldbie I hope. I remember Ikon and recognize the avatar, but I tend to drift in an out of the community depending on my work schedule.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #82
Oldbie definitions based off "time alone" strike me as flawed. I was on the IkonBoard, for instance. My avatar was a stock image of a little blue penguin. Very handsome. I have a nice low member number here. Yet I wouldn't consider myself an oldbie because I lurk and don't have a presence in the community.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
Originally written by Dahak:

I'm not an oldbie I hope. I remember Ikon and recognize the avatar, but I tend to drift in an out of the community depending on my work schedule.
I'd count you as one, but that's because I was around contemporaneously with you on Aceron's boards, on which you were pretty active.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 20:54: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #84
Great. Now I have to deal my aching bones. These young'n nowadays have no respect for proper polls. Things were better back in my day. We really knew have to be a poll. Grumble. :rolleyes:

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #85
Lord Gardener, it is obvious by the smirking self congratulatory nature of the postings by the drooling oldbies and their posturing of exclusivity that the glorious revolution needs to come sooner rather than later.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #86
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

SaraWorfphilia.
Funny. You missed an S. Did I mention I love nitpicking?

Anyways, if it's any consolation to your being compared to Ed, I have always considered you close to an almost-oldbie.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #87
Actually, it wasn't being close to Ed in the number votes that was disheartening, it was having the exact same number of votes that I found depressing (at the time, 2 each). Fortunately, I now have 7 votes. Unfortunately, that means that there are 7 poor individuals out there who somehow crashed their implants. (Not sure whether :( or :P wold be more appropriate at this point. :confused: )

Thanks anyway, Sarasaphilia.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #88
If you remember what my avatar was when we had avatars here, you count - to me, anyhow.

But chances are if you don't, it doesn't much matter to you what I have to say about the subject.

Mmm, catch-22.

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 02:21: Message edited by: Protocols of the Elders of Zion ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #89
I don't, but I don't even remember what my avatar was when we had avatars here. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #90
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Thanks anyway, Sarasaphilia.
Quite welcome, M'lord.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #91
I actually still have a few avatars saved on my computer. I've got... let's see... Paterick's abomination, and a few of Lady J's interesting creations, and my flying saucer sword. Nothing exciting.

I also don't remember a single avatar besides the ones I can look at right now except Drakey's, which is memorable to me for reasons I cannot explain.

—Alorael, who may have to find somewhere to use his alien abduction blade. It could be useful for locking topics.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #92
I remember what Avatar I was going to use: The Inquisitor from Disciples

It took 20 minutes to find it and when I got back to the boards they were disabled. Kind of depressing.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #93
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

I remember what Avatar I was going to use: The Inquisitor from Disciples

It took 20 minutes to find it and when I got back to the boards they were disabled. Kind of depressing.

Well, you can use it at SV, right?

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge

Pages