When you post here at the forums...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: When you post here at the forums...
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #0
...the site takes you to an intermediate page where you are later redirected back to the topic you were just looking at. Do you wait for this to happen, or do you use the back button before then to look for other topics?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=iYNBDIvWGcAu"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=iYNBDIvWGcAu"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
I don't wait, but I don't hit the Back button. I press the link for the page it provides.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Sometimes. But I usually click the little Spiderweb link in the upper-left corner of the message to return to the main page.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Since Dikiyoba usually has two tabs open at once, Dikiyoba waits for the redirect on one tab while browsing another topic in the other tab. Eventually, Dikiyoba checks back to make sure no editing needs to be done.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
By Diki:
quote:
Since Dikiyoba usually has two tabs open at once, Dikiyoba waits for the redirect on one tab while browsing another topic in the other tab. Eventually, Dikiyoba checks back to make sure no editing needs to be done.
Only two? Wimp.

--------------------
My left arm is in pain. The blood donation I attempted this afternoon failed. It wasn't a total loss, though. My ox of a RN learned how not to insert a needle.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
While my browsing style depends on time, location, and current bandwidth, I have been known to open every single thread in a separate tab.

—Alorael, whose Safari windows are as messy as his desktop, which is as messy as the top of his desk.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #6
Nalyd does the same thing as Dikiyoba.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #7
I open all the threads in separate tabs, allow it to redirect as I look at other things, then check to see if I want to edit anything.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #8
I can never wait to let the thing finish by itself because I rarely have that much time when I post here. Usually I do most of this in between tasks.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
While my browsing style depends on time, location, and current bandwidth, I have been known to open every single thread in a separate tab.
I can beat that; being the only person in the world who still doesn't use tabbed browsing, I open every thread in a separate window.

[ Thursday, January 11, 2007 18:03: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #10
If you let it redirect you, then it will also refresh the page, and it's possible the topics could be in a different order from when you first say them, causing unnecessary confusion. Although, I don't really have this problem, since I just open each topic in a new window, and close it out when I'm finished with it.

--------------------
You lose.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #11
The best method by FAR is the patented "Hit-Stop-And-Then-Click-The-Provided-Link Maneuver".

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #12
Why don't you just click the link?

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by There to lost in -58 seconds.:

I have been known to open every single thread in a separate tab.
w00t Safari... I do just about the same, though I try to keep it down to one tab per forum. A tab for each thread would make it impossible to remember what I'm posting in.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #14
I don't wait, usually. I open each recent string in a separate tab. To prevent confusion, I only open one forum at a time.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #15
i get impatient and then just randomly strike keys on my keyboard until something happens usually this is a browser meltdown followed in short order by a computer crash then lots of swearing to be concluded by a swift scotch to calm my nerves

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #16
I always wait for the redirect and usually end up editing (multiple times) shortly after. I only have another window or tab open to a topic if I'm trying to quote more then one person in the same post. The dictonary is usually open though.

While I'm thinking about it, did anybody else have a problem with Firefox's last update? My computer will no longer allow Firefox to access the web. I've been without tabbing since.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #17
I only look at one thread at a time, although I will be looking at several different webpages.

I tend to just wait to be redirected too - although I didnt ever really notice I did until just now.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
I do what Diki does.

On another subject, how many of you actually look through the threads manually, and how many of you use Today's Active Topics? I use the latter.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #19
I use both. I look through the threads manually the first time I'm here and then the active topics feature later in the day.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #20
Diki style. Updates me from the night before then keeps me current.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #21
There is a "Today's Active Topics" feature? My god I have been living in dark ignorance.

On a side note, going back in my browser is extremely easy because I have a button on my mouse for that. I realize that I probably wouldn't do that if I had to manually click on the back button every time.

I have also noticed that most of you habitually proofread your posts after posting. I was actually a little surprised, but I guess that is because I proofread before I post.

--------------------
====
====
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #22
I proofread both before and after.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #23
I proofread before and after as well. You see, when I'm doing the pre-post proofread, I tend to add a few last minute things I always think of. Then, in the post-post proofread, I discover the mistakes I've usually made in those additions. I only ever edit my post if the mistake is so bad it changes the meaning of the post entirely.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

On a side note, going back in my browser is extremely easy because I have a button on my mouse for that. I realize that I probably wouldn't do that if I had to manually click on the back button every time.

I just found out that my mouse has the same thing! Awesome!

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil

Pages