When you post here at the forums...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: When you post here at the forums...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #25
I have two buttons for it. They're command and left arrow.

—Alorael, who is currently between mice. It makes life somewhat difficult. Universal Access has some suprising benefits for the patient!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #26
I proofread before I post as well, but I often catch little typos or formatting problems only after I post.

Dikiyoba pays special attention to proofreading the final paragraph. Dintiradan should be kept as miserable as possible.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #27
By Diki:
quote:
Dikiyoba pays special attention to proofreading the final paragraph. Dintiradan should be kept as miserable as possible.
I am content waiting patiently, certain that the day will come that you will fail...

Either that, or I'll get bored and bribe a mod to insert a typo into one of your posts. Meh, either way...

As for Tyran, I'm still trying to figure out a way to put his banana-and-ham pizza into a concise quote.

--------------------
The good writing of any age has always been the product of someone's neurosis, and we'd have mighty dull literature if all the writers that came along were a bunch of happy chuckleheads.
- William Styron
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #28
Someone has to come up with a new gimmick because the whole third person bit is being beaten to death like a horse. I guess that will occupy the back of my brain as I pretend to study this weekend.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #29
We could always steal Slarty's idea and use the royal we. Methinks think it would be an appropriate gimmic for us.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #30
Alright then, the royal we for you mister fake Emperor sir. I think I might try ending some of my posts that have arguments with blatantly opposing thoughts, hopefully for comical effect.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #31
Eh. I'll just stick with no gimmick. I'd probably forget to follow through anyway.

On topic: Well, I've never used the Today's Active Topics feature, because I never knew it existed. Perhaps now I will. I imagine I should exercise a bit more observation in the future. Should, but probably won't.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #32
I had a small gimmick once. Basically, every post would end with "This post was sponsored by...", with a fictitious organization or such. I didn't use it very long, though.

---------------------
This post is sponsored by sponsors.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #33
I remember that gimmick. None of them stick out prominently in my memory, though.

I plan to use the active topics feature some time in the future, but right now my system works just fine.

--------------------
====
====
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
I remember someone else using that gimmick. Maybe I'm just mis-remembering.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
Salmon used that one, and some of his were very clever.

—Alorael, whose gimmick is well known and little loved. Except when he threatens to take it away, apparently.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #36
And here I was, thinking it was original. :(

No matter, I'm picking it back up anyway.

--------------------
This post is sponsored by the Gimmicks Of Power organization.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #37
It's not that I don't like gimmicks. I've just heard that people in general don't like them; find them irritating. And I wouldn't be able to come up with a clever one. And I'd end up neglecting it. *shrug*

-Nemesis, who thinks that stealing other people's gimmicks every once in a while might be interesting, but it's likely to get him sniped. :P

EDIT: Oh yeah. And:
IMAGE(http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/OneWingedAngel88/Misc/333_DR.jpg)

[ Saturday, January 13, 2007 13:30: Message edited by: Nemesis ]

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #38
Gimmicks are a fair bit of work. I did the quote at the end of every post for a few other forums, but I didn't anticipate how much I would post here. However, the moment I falter for an instant, certain people take offense, so I guess I'm stuck with it.

--------------------
C++: an octopus made by nailing extra legs onto a dog.
- Steve Taylor

Pages