Don't touch that dial!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Don't touch that dial!
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #0
Now that the fall season is well underway, I think it's time for a "What unsyndicated TV shows do you watch?" topic. Note: this applies to any television show that is currently in production, including those that have irregular schedules and may not be airing at this particular time.

Here are mine:
HouseBoston LegalNCISBonesJerichoLostThe NineCSIMonkEurekaStargate SG-1Stargate AtlantisBattlestar GalacticaDoctor WhoThe SimpsonsFamily GuyEverybody Hates ChrisThe War at Home

[ Thursday, October 19, 2006 17:52: Message edited by: Tyranicus. ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
I am blessed with having access to HBO and Showtime:
Dexter (Best new show out there)
Weeds
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Sopranos
Entourage

Regular shows that I also watch:
Boston Legal (Glad I'm not the only one, this show is so good)
Desperate Housewives
South Park
The Office
The Simpsons
Lost
Survivor: Master Race
Heroes (Might stop watching this soon)

Do news-ish shows count? Shows like: Chris Matthews, Meet the Press, The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Also, I know this doesn't count, but I was given the Star Trek original series for my birthday and have been watching those as well.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #2
Avatar: The Last Airbender. I think it's recently jumped the shark though...
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #3
Dikiyoba doesn't own a television. It's nice.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #4
Shows I stop to watch if I catch them on.

HouseLostCSIShows I put on my schedule to watch
SurvivorExtreme Makeover: Home EditionI have also been giving Heroes a chance, but I haven't decided if I like it or not. It's hard to follow when you miss an episode.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
The Simpsons, Prison Break, Heroes, Studio 60, Veronica Mars, Lost, 30 Rock, 20 Good Years, My Name is Earl, The Office, Stargate 1, and Stargate Atlantis (unfortunately in syndicated reurns since I don't have cable).

On the cancelled list there was Happy Hour and Smith.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #6
Lost.

End of list.
I don't really know what's on TV right now, and generally don't have time to watch it.

I am trying to catch up on Stargate SG-1 via netflix.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin does not have a list.
Deranged subterfuge waits for no man, or for odd, masked, skeletal avatars for that matter.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #7
Currently watching the new southpark episodes and have all of the Stargate Atlantis episodes. The stupid thing about this country is we just got season 2 of SG-A and I've already watched up to halfway through season 3. Oh, on my list to download is season 2 of My Name Is Earl, such a great show. Another show that was good that I havent seen released on TV here was Firefly. That show should not have been cancelled.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

Another show that was good that I havent seen released on TV here was Firefly. That show should not have been cancelled.
Agreed. Firefly was untimely cancelled because it apparently did not get high enough ratings with the target demographic. As to why this is, who knows? The movie, Serenity, was very good as well.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
I don't own a TV or regularly watch anything, but I'll give another vote of approval to Firefly. I'm not sure how much that's worth given that it's probably the show of seen the most episodes of. In fact, he thinks the show he's seen the most of might be The Simpsons, and he's almost certainly seen no more than six episodes.

—Alorael, who is just not a TV person. He has probably read one book for every minute of TV he's watched.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #10
I don't watch TV. Simple.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #11
Apparently one of the reasons Firefly was cancelled was because they played the season in the wrong order when it was first played so people didnt understand what the heck was going on for most of it. But when the series sold a whole bunch when the box sets came out they decided to make the movie Serenity. There may also be another movie coming out for it soon. But it annoyed the hell outta me when Wash was killed for no apparent reason. That guy was awesome.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
Serenity kinda destroyed the whole Firefly concept. I'm not sure how they could continue with those major characters dead.

I've watched South Park. I've also watched sports. That is the extent of my TV-viewing.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

I've watched South Park. I've also watched sports. That is the extent of my TV-viewing.
God, that reminds me. The Mets lost tonight :( . Now, I'm a Yankee fan and all, but I was really rooting for them. Ninth inning, bases loaded, two outs, and Beltran strikes out. I don't think it would've been as painful if the bases weren't loaded, damn.
Anyways, I used to love TV. I would stay up no matter what to watch some random show on TV. But these days I haven’t been watching anything at all. I rented Wedding Crasher and The Pirates of the Caribbean this week, if that counts. Oh Wait, I watched tonight’s baseball game.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #14
1- CSI.
2- Dr. House.

And stop. I don't watch television often, after all.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #15
Speaking of sports, GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS! GO BEARS!

Oh yeah, and I watch House and CSI (I don't care which one) every once in a while.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #16
I do not, have never, and am not planning on owning a television.

It's bad enough that those money-grubbbing broadcast corporations now want to tax internet users for being able to submit to their ridiculous waste of brain-cells.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #17
I haven't watched TV in years. I can well imagine that there are a few good shows that I could happily follow instead of reading or beta-testing Spiderweb games. But I really can't imagine having the time to watch some of the long lists above. How many hours per day is that? Do you people work, or eat, or sleep, or, well, anything else?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Robert Daniel Oliver:

I do not, have never, and am not planning on owning a television.

It's bad enough that those money-grubbbing broadcast corporations now want to tax internet users for being able to submit to their ridiculous waste of brain-cells.

Harsh words. Television is mostly just somebody else's RP. So they spend billions of dollars in the making and charge advertisers billions of dollars for intermission time. In the end it's still just a glorified RP.

The computer can consume just as much time as television. Sometimes more, and it often does.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #19
The only currently running shows I watch with any regularity are Smallville and Supernatural.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #20
Hmm. Let's see... 70's Show and OZ on mondays.

I rather liked the US version of Office (that's on tuesdays), but it went on a break already.

On wednesdays there's Rome, but I missed a bunch of beginning episodes when I didn't bother checking what the show's like. It's good. Damn.

Thursdays there's Lost and House, but they're shown at same time, so I've been watching House. Lost is only on the middle episodes of second season here and I've already seen them, umm... elsewhere... so I haven't minded that much.

Nothing particularly good shows on fridays. :\ Some good on saturdays and sundays, but I don't follow those. Should though... I prefer to just watch the movies on weekends, if they're interesting enough.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #21
Shows I watch regularly:
CSI: MiamiNCISCriminal MindsCSI: NYStargate SG-1Two-and-a-half MenNumb3rsThen the ones I'll watch occasionally:
CSI: Crime Scene InvestigationSharkGhost WhispererJerichoThe UnitThe Outer LimitsThe Late Late Show with Craig FerguisonThis is assuming I'm not working on the computer at the moment.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #22
.No broadcast signal enters this house. The holier than thou I'll never own a television no matter what crowd should take notes.
Watching your computer screen when watching a movie is silly. Unless you have your computer in front of a couch, a suitable distance away, with a coffee table in between for popcorn or drinks. But then it is just sad, you know, to have your computer set up in the living room like it is the center of your life. That is what the big, dark television is for. Put the computer in a back room on its own. Preferably have the television in its own room as well. Preferably spend as little time as possible in either room. On no accounts, and I realize this only applies if you have your own house, allow the dog to control the access to either the computer or the television. Dogs are very poor sharers.

Trust me.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Spookee Salmon:

Watching your computer screen when watching a movie is silly. Unless you have your computer in front of a couch, a suitable distance away, with a coffee table in between for popcorn or drinks. But then it is just sad, you know, to have your computer set up in the living room like it is the center of your life.
That wouldn't be to unusual here. Pop some popcorn, pour some soda, bring up the TV-R and post while your watching!

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #24
I haven't watched Tv in a while. It's hard when you don't have one.

But I don't miss it that much. I usually only watched the History channel and the like, but Lost was good. It sucks having a class durring Lost.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil

Pages