Don't touch that dial!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Don't touch that dial!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
IMAGE(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/56/Factsoflifetvguide.jpg/250px-Factsoflifetvguide.jpg)

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #26
My computer is actually right beside my TV. I use it as a DVR, so it has to be near the TV.

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #27
I don't watch a whole lot of TV. Occasionally, I'll scan Comedy Central for stand-up or South Park, and I watch The Daily Show every so often. And every so often my roommates and I will end up watching some random National Geographic special.

Oh, and baseball. Always baseball.

quote:
Originally written by Lenny:

God, that reminds me. The Mets lost tonight :( . Now, I'm a Yankee fan and all, but I was really rooting for them. Ninth inning, bases loaded, two outs, and Beltran strikes out. I don't think it would've been as painful if the bases weren't loaded, damn.
God, that reminds me. The Cards won last night! :D Adam Wainwright is the king!

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #28
For me, Enough Rope, Thank God You're Here, and Spicks And Specks. Apart from those, I don't really care.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Spookee Salmon:

Watching your computer screen when watching a movie is silly. Unless you have your computer in front of a couch, a suitable distance away, with a coffee table in between for popcorn or drinks. But then it is just sad, you know, to have your computer set up in the living room like it is the center of your life.
Yea, I have my comp set up right infront of the couch because I usually download tv series because otherwise I'd have to wait for like a year to get it over here.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #30
Lost
The Office

And lots of ESPN and other sports.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #31
quote:

Unless you have your computer in front of a couch, a suitable distance away, with a coffee table in between for popcorn or drinks. But then it is just sad, you know, to have your computer set up in the living room like it is the center of your life. That is what the big, dark television is for.
While I recognize irony when it hits me (hard), I take exception to your implications. I'd rather have a computer in the living room than a television, because there are definitely times when being able to, say, look something up online would be nice. Televisions serve only as obstacles to intelligent and unintelligent conversation.

—Alorael, who believes the lack of TV in his life may have led to a crippling inability to pay attention to anything else when a TV is on. Even if he's not facing it and even if it's mute he still can't focus with a TV in the room. It sounds funny, but it's highly inconvenient.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #32
Dikiyoba thinks they sell remotes that can turn off any TV now, Alorael.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
Spending all my time fighting people turning on the TV by turning off the TV might be satisfying but it's just as big a drain on my attention as leaving the TV on.

—Alorael, who could also just bring his rifle with him and shoot all televisions. He wouldn't earn many friends but he'd be happy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #34
When -X-'s brother leaves the TV on (always, the little one who will be a "Kevin" in -X-'s Big Book O' Personality Classification in about a year), -X- goes downstairs, unhooks the cable, and keeps the cord for a week. -X- then hides it under his brother's mattress so that -X- can says that the little one stole it. :D :P :D

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Transportion:

quote:

Unless you have your computer in front of a couch, a suitable distance away, with a coffee table in between for popcorn or drinks. But then it is just sad, you know, to have your computer set up in the living room like it is the center of your life. That is what the big, dark television is for.
While I recognize irony when it hits me (hard), I take exception to your implications. I'd rather have a computer in the living room than a television, because there are definitely times when being able to, say, look something up online would be nice. Televisions serve only as obstacles to intelligent and unintelligent conversation.

—Alorael, who believes the lack of TV in his life may have led to a crippling inability to pay attention to anything else when a TV is on. Even if he's not facing it and even if it's mute he still can't focus with a TV in the room. It sounds funny, but it's highly inconvenient.

At times there are better things to do than converse, and if television sparks those times, then that is a good thing.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Pages