Time for another, most embarassing moments thread.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Time for another, most embarassing moments thread.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #0
We all have 'em, we all hate 'em, but sometimes you can brighten somebody else's day by sharing 'em.

The Setting: Sunday night, movie night, my usual spot laying on our living room floor in front of the TV, my husband's usual spot laying two feet to the right, our friend Chris's usual spot laying on the couch three feet behind me.

The Movie: Double Jeapordy, friend Chris has seen it before, after watching it I feel like I've seen it before but it might have just been the previews, husband Chris has not seen it before.

The Mood: As usual we joke, we laugh, and the guys have had a nap within the last six hours. I'm extremely tired having been up late for the last two nights, no nap.

The Incident: The movie is nearing it's end, I've moved to a sitting position to ease some pain from laying on the floor, friend Chris has moved to a sitting position on the floor leaning on the couch. His feet rest next to my thigh on the left. His foot brushes my thigh. His foot keeps brushing my thigh. One minute... two minutes... So very tired... what to do?? I change position slighty. Can't focus... Still brushing. What to do?!!?!!?! He stops. Movie ends. We joke, we laugh, we say goodbye.

The Aftermath: ~11:30 PM So tired... so very tired... can't sleep... can still feel it... what to do? What did it mean? Beepity-beep-beep-beep(sic) What the H E double L was that? One hour later, sweet sleep. 3AM RREEOOOWWWW, MEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWW. *throws pillow at cat* so tired... so very tired... can't sleep... Beep!(not sic) I have to know. I have to ask him. I HAVE to know... *watches sunrise through closed eyelids* sooooo tired...

(Oh yeah, I should probably mention that 'friend Chris' is the fairly new youth/worship pastor at church. He's supposed to work 9-5 weekdays at the church, I think. Husband Chris is his soundtech. They're best buds. (husband Chris hates the word 'buds'.))

The question: Had to take some stuff to the church anyway. Got a rummage sale planned for baby stuff, and I ain't havin' any more babies as long as I have the four God already gave me. Packed up box of baby bottles, crib, and four kids then set off for church. Stomach churns... feel faint. Carry everything into the nursery, little woozy... let the kids play, so tired... tell friend Chris I have a question. Stammer, stutter... 'What the H E double L??!?' (not sic)

The answer: He didn't even realize, had been nodding off, he didn't mean to, sorry.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Face red. Face still red. I am such a loser!

Hope I made somebody's day in my folly. Everything is supposed to work for good. Can't see it yet. Need enlightenment.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #1
Let me think,

I let the woman of my dreams walk out of my life forever... does that count?

I also think I once accidentally and unintentionally asked a friend of the female gender out. I said that she and our group should go out and see a movie, but I may have forgotten to mention the group itself. She rejected the invite and I wondered what she had against our friends. Thinking back a year or two later I realized what I had done. That is a little embarrising I guess.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #2
Watching a movie in science. Teacher paused it; I thought the TV broke. So I went up and hit it.

:o Conveys insufficient meaning for the incident.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Infiltrator
Member # 1092
Profile Homepage #3
Well, I let two of my drunk friends last Friday night cut my hair off with scissor and while they were doing that, someone came up and drew on my face with makeup.

The haircut ended up giving me several bald spots, and I walked home with this shotty hair cut at 4:30 in the morning. I have now had the whole lot shaved off a couple days ago.

--------------------
When you think you can't get any lower in life and hit rock bottom, God hands you a shovel.

Why should I say somthin intelligent when idiots like you make me look intelligent in the first place.
Warrior
Member # 7223
Profile Homepage #4
One time, I walked into a wall, and gave myself a concussion. I was reading while I was walking. Everyone in my school laughed at me for days.

--------------------
Polaris

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
- H.P. Lovecraft
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
Okay. A couple of tihngs that would have been embarrassing, if I cared what society thought of me.

Okay, so, a while ago, I was walking home. My phone rang, but I didn't manage to get into my pocket in time to answer it - we've all had calls like that... Phone rings, you accept the call just as it ends. Anyway, annoyed, I looked at who had just called. It was my girlfriend, but at the time, we weren't together. She'd called from her mobile, but I didn't have much credit, so I called her home number.

It rang. And rang. Eventually, someone picked up.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey sweetheart. Just thinking about you. What ya been upto? Andmore importantly, what are you wearing?" I answered.

"Erm, hey Nikki... err, I think you wanted Joanne, didn't you?" the voice replied. I'd been talking to her mother. luckily, I explained, and all was well.

Other things coming soon.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Nikki xx:

...And more importantly, what are you wearing?" I answered.
You pervert! :)

Sorry, but my embarassing things would break the CoC. :eek:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #7
I've had a number of embarassing moments, and the worst thing about them is that they can never quite be forgotten. No, they just all sit in my brain, mouldering and showing up here and there to torment me. Certainly writing about them will exacerbate this condition, but I can't resist, can I?

One that comes to mind has to do with this girl named Molly that I had a thing for the summer after I graduated from high school. John, one of my closest friends, knew her and I got to know her through him. Now, John is a fine fellow but he does have a bad habit of not being able to leave a friend's girl alone. But on this occasion, although he was interested in Molly, he professed to stand aside and allow me to pursue her.

So I did, in my own tentative way. As she happened to share my liking for ferrets, I mentioned the ferret shelter I volunteered for at the time and encouraged her to come along. She didn't, predictably- cleaning out litter pans isn't for everyone.

But I was still enthusiastic about my chances up until this one evening when a bunch of us attended a friend's recital. After the concert, I saw Molly and greeted her. John showed up at the same time, and held out a book to her, asking, "is this yours? I think you left it at my house."

I looked on in horror. Only the previous night, Molly had given me this book (can't remember the title now) as a gift while the three of us were hanging out at John's house. I had graciously accepted, even though I already owned the book (and my copy was in much better shape to boot). Hardly needing her copy, I had carelessly left it behind in John's house after departing.

Of course, John's presentation of the book made me appear a terribly callous cad. I stammered out my explanation but I'm afraid it hardly sounded credible. That was the end of that pursuit.

After the incident, I accosted John about it, accusing him of intentional sabotage, a charge he had been guilty of repeatedly in the past. But he insisted on his ignorance that the book had been a gift to me, so strenuously that I eventually gave up trying to make him own up.

Of course, he ended up sleeping with her a couple weeks later. But he's a good guy in other respects.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
Just an awkward telephone call with my friend Michael(though probably more embarrassing for Michael).

Michael: We need to talk. Do you have a boyfriend?

Me: Um...no, why?

Michael: I broke up with my girlfriend of a year and a half a few months ago and since then dating has felt different to me. I wanted to tell you that I don't want to date you.

Me: Okay, I don't want to date you either.

(silence)

Michael: My mom and I thought...

Me: No

(silence)

Michael: Oh

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

Let me think,

No, because your not old enough yet for something like that to have happened.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
I don't want to date you.
Well, what answer did he expect? I must admit, if that is meant to be a chat-up line, it's rather... obscure. o_O

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #11
I once mistook Stughalf for TM...

--------------------
The Silent Assassin just walked outside with half of our bathtub.
I'm worried.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Nikki xx:

Okay. A couple of tihngs that would have been embarrassing, if I cared what society thought of me.

Okay, so, a while ago, I was walking home. My phone rang, but I didn't manage to get into my pocket in time to answer it - we've all had calls like that... Phone rings, you accept the call just as it ends. Anyway, annoyed, I looked at who had just called. It was my girlfriend, but at the time, we weren't together. She'd called from her mobile, but I didn't have much credit, so I called her home number.

It rang. And rang. Eventually, someone picked up.

"Hello?" she said.

"Hey sweetheart. Just thinking about you. What ya been upto? Andmore importantly, what are you wearing?" I answered.

"Erm, hey Nikki... err, I think you wanted Joanne, didn't you?" the voice replied. I'd been talking to her mother. luckily, I explained, and all was well.

Other things coming soon.

LOL! You've made my day at least, thanks for sharing. I look forward to the other things. :)

OK, OK, I don't really have another embarassing moment but I do have one that was at least awkward. Also rather recent.

Chris decides he's taking me to a movie at the theater. We go in for Superman Returns. Friend Chris comes too, of course, and so does one of the youth from church. We joke, we laugh, as usual. This highschool age looking guy sits down next to me, apparently coming to the movies alone, and starts talking to me. Husband Chris shoots me a quizitive look, I shrug back, what am I supposed to do? He talks to me through the whole movie, I smile politely, nod a few times, but don't say much. Right as the credits roll, he shoots out of the theater, not a word. Left us all with a 'What's up with that?' kind of feeling.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #13
I complimented this one guy on his band's performance. He gave me a funny look, and said he hadn't played yet. Wrong band. D'oh.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Warrior
Member # 6682
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

Let me think,

No, because your not old enough yet for something like that to have happened.

Not necessarily. I was a pup at 16-17 when I met the woman of my dreams and I thought I had lost her forever. After dating many, many women afterwards I never ever was able to find a woman even close to being like her.

And then unbelievable circumstances...destiny decided 10 years later for us to be back together again. :) We are going to spend the rest of our lives together.

To Enraged Slith.. As long as she still has your number, you may get a surprise in a few years...

[ Wednesday, July 12, 2006 15:08: Message edited by: Lancer ]

--------------------
Lancer
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #15
Nico, that's priceless. More so given that his mother thought the same thing.

I tend to forget this kind of stuff... anybody else have a hard time thinking of these?

Wait, nevermind... repressed memories resurfacing. Two rather good ones, actually.

-In middle school, getting sick and vomiting after drinking a bottle of blue Gatorade at lunch. If only I'd made it out of the hallway...

-Having to tell a girl who I'd just helped get out of a bad relationship that no, I couldn't date her and my then-girlfriend too. Very, very awkward.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Lenar Research Facilites:

I once mistook Stughalf for TM...
May I enquire about the circumstances? You've well and truly boggled me.

[ Wednesday, July 12, 2006 17:05: Message edited by: Stugri-La ]

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #17
I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Can't let the secret get out, you know.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
Whenever plans are drawn up that include a time-table, I'll post-date the completion 3 days after it's actually scheduled to occur and not worry too much if they get stolen.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. Can't let the secret get out, you know.

Bah, secrets are overrated. They're bad for your health.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #19
Jewels: Glad it cheered you up.

And Nicothodes' is easily the funniest, althought the TM/Stuggie faux pas could take the biscuit.

Okay, new story. This one isn't really embarrassing for me, but was for my friend. But first, some context.

I know this guy, Webber, thus known because his surname is "Webber" (complex stuff here...). He's bisexual, but hates the fact that people think he is merely homosexual, finding the label very, very repressive. He isn't your typical person, he's funny, witty, and very talented. It was he who got me writing.

Anyway, we decided that we were to get a house together, if I don't go to univeristy, since we're such good friends. And so, at every opportunity, I now make wise-cracks about us living together, so that he gets wound up, and tells me to "stop being so gay! People will talk!"

Anyway, today, he had a "working" lunch together - he is acting in an adaptation of Faust I wrote. As we left the place, he called in to Boots, a big pharmacy chain, and bought something for his mother. At the checkout, the lady kindly asked "Do you have a clubcard?", and he shook his head, and said he didn't. Seizing the opportunity with both hands, I piped up "We'll have to get one dear." Then, turning to the lady behind the till, "We're moving in together. He doesn't like to say, but we're going to be very happy!" The poor guy went bright red, and the lady looked very bewildered, but kindly said "It's so nice to see young boys living together. I hope you're very happy."

Almost dying from suppressed giggles, I turned away, and let Webber explain. He got out of the shop ten minutes later, and simply said "You dolt. She didn't believe me."

[ Thursday, July 13, 2006 09:29: Message edited by: Nikki xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #20
Stug:

right here

--------------------
The Silent Assassin recently responded to the housecall of a pair of Jehovah's Witnesses.
They left quite shortly, after noticing his collection of shrunken heads on the knicknack shelf.
Sometimes it is quite nice to have him around.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

Michael: My mom and I thought...
Weird. :confused:

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #22
quote:
Let me think,

You think thats bad, I let the girl of my life screw me up worst than anythin g and no one believes me because I was only a kid at the time HA. Let that be a lesson to learn how to love from a psycho at a youth age.

Something tells me I'll also be humiliated whenever these chemical wear off. I gotta get this problem fixed dear god I'm honeasts when I'm like this. Guess all awht they said was right about this talk about neutralizatuopn just let a person beat the crap out of you until you see odd colors and have permanent recuring migranes that make you dizzy.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #23
I was a sophmore in high school and at the time I was taking a medication that makes you nauseous if you take it on an empty stomach. I was in my Health class, and no breakfast plus that medication and a movie on STDs left me attempting to run down the hall to the bathroom, but instead spraying puke down half the length of it as I ran.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #24
quote:
Originally written by Lenar Research Facilites:

Stug:

right here

Ah, I see. Didn't notice that one the first few times I looked through that thread.

--------------------
Stughalf

Pages