Time for another, most embarassing moments thread.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Time for another, most embarassing moments thread.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #25
Okay... here's a nice embarassment:

The Place: A large church south of Warsaw, Poland
The Time: Good Friday, 2005, evening
The Purpose: I was touring Poland with my school Chorale, and we were doing a joint-concert with a local choir. Standing room only.
The Incident: The Polish choir had finished their first portion of the performance (a nice Mozrt piece, if I recall correctly). Our dirctor summoned us up from the pews in the front. As it came time for my to exit my pew, my foot snagged on a kneeling pad and I tripped, falling flat-faced in front of about 300 people and banging my knee on the pew in the process. I managed to return to my feet in an instant, but not before my banged-up knee began to give out. I locked the knee and proceeded to try not to limp toward the altar.
The Punchline:
On the bus after the concert, the guy in the seat in front of me (who happened to be my roommate) turned around and congradulated me on the quick recovery.
He then added that the fake limp afterwards had been hamming it a bit to the extreme.
The girl in the seat across from me, having heard the interchange, verbally agreed.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has reported that he made a miscalculation of the chemical reactions that he devised as part of a new tool of subterfuge.
Suffice to say, instead of creating a versative adhesive, he made a rather potent stink bomb.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Lenar Research Facilites:

The Silent Assassin has reported that he made a miscalculation of the chemical reactions that he devised as part of a new tool of subterfuge.
Suffice to say, instead of creating a versative adhesive, he made a rather potent stink bomb.
This could make clear why your PDN is Lenar Research Facilites. :D

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #27
Nikki, that sounds like something I would do.

Okay, let's see...something new...umm...You know, it's really hard to have an embarrassing moment when you're in the house all day....anyways...Well, I once realized 6 months afterwards that one of my friends had asked me out. That was embarrassing. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
You felt embarassed when you realized it six months later?

---

I can't talk, though. Some things have haunted me for the last five years. In 9th grade, I got a phone call just a few weeks before a prom, and some girl I knew only from sight asked me out. Firstly, I hardly knew her, secondly I could (and can) not dance, and thirdly said girl was in a relationship with someone else (I don't know how solidly at that point, but still). To finish it off, I was several years younger than anybody in my grade then. So I turned it down. The worst part was that somehow half my grade knew about it the next day.

Can you imagine that my face is red right now just from the memory? :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #29
Aran, you old ladies man you!

---

Okay, my third story... and this is probably the only time I have seriously been embarrassed. As I may or may not have said, I usually have a high threshold for coping with these things, but this time, I did go red. And stayed red for a while too... And it all revolves around the lady mentioned earlier...

Okay, so, my wonderful girlfriend (who still brings this up from time to time) and I were in her living room, watching a movie we'd rented. The movie finished, and we bagen talking about how much we loved each other, and what each one would do for the other if we were asked, or had to. Eventually, things turned a little silly, and she said:

"Right, wear my tutu, and clean up while I make a drink. My parents'll be back soon too, so hurry up."

Not wanting to let her win this little competition, and already thinking of ways of making her do something even more silly, I agreed, and threw on her tutu over my jeans and shirt. For good measure, I also wore her sparkly angel wings, which she'd had since she was five.

Coming downstairs, she called in from the kitchen, "Everything's in there. And I ordered chinese too, as a reward for you!" And so, I set to work.

Just as I was about to begin hovering, the doorbell chimed; the delivery man had obviusly arrived, which was great, since I was starving.

Calling in to me again, the lady said "Get that for me please? I'm broke 'til next week." And, sighing, I did, reaching for my wallet from the cabinet as I made my way to the door.

Unlocking the latch, I threw the door open and greeted the delivery man, who, taking one look at me, stepped back a little and widened his eyes. Confused, I held out the money, took the bag, and said thanks, at which he replied, "yeah, no worries, and nice dress."

Looking down, I realised I was still in the tutu. I slammed the door shut, lest anybody else saw, and turning around, rested my back on it, eyes closed, praying that nobody else had noticed. Then, I heard a clicking, and opened my eyes to see a camera pointing at my face, and my darling girlfriend smirking broadly, and in fits of silent giggles.

The sad thing is, I've never found the photograph either.

And I think that I've suitably embarrassed myself now. Time to think of stories about other people!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
Don't bow down to sexism in apparel. Men deserve sparkles and tutus too.

Well, not tutus, because nobody should be wearing those. But skirts, at least. And wings.

—Alorael, who blocks out most really embarrassing stories. Instead, he'll simply mention an old story about the day he accidentally died himself blue from head to to about waist height due to his own incompetence. That itself was only a little embarrassing because everyone drops something on occasion, but spending the rest of the day in what appeared to be very sloppily applied woad was an exercise in watching little children cower.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Drow:

You felt embarassed when you realized it six months later?

---

I can't talk, though. Some things have haunted me for the last five years. In 9th grade, I got a phone call just a few weeks before a prom, and some girl I knew only from sight asked me out. Firstly, I hardly knew her, secondly I could (and can) not dance, and thirdly said girl was in a relationship with someone else (I don't know how solidly at that point, but still). To finish it off, I was several years younger than anybody in my grade then. So I turned it down. The worst part was that somehow half my grade knew about it the next day.

Can you imagine that my face is red right now just from the memory? :P

Well, I was mostly just hitting my head on the wall(yes, literally) for not realizing sooner. I didn't notice what was going on at all when he(Thillman) actually asked me out.

We were in orchestra 8th period and the chamber orchestra was playing so a few of our friends were sitting together. I had completely zoned out. Apparently one of my other friends was hitting me over the head repeatedly with a bottle and I didn't realize it. Thillman(who is overprotective and worries about all of us way too much) became convinced that I was depressed about something and took me to the other end of the room to try and get me to tell him what was going on. Right as 8th period was ending and we had to go play, he asked "Do you like me?". I was still out of it and confused about the sudden change in conversation and as a result just said "huh?" Six months later, he was giving a friend advice on asking someone she liked out and said that he asked people out by asking if they liked him. >_<

[ Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:54: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #32
I was caught whilst having unusual sex. There's nothing more emberassing.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #33
How unusual we talking?
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #34
Gay, and that's the last about that.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #35
Not really that unusual unless you're not gay.

—Alorael, who also thinks that is enough of that. Family boards and all.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #36
To most people it is, already have short-minded Christians trying to beat me up.

Hell, their god doesn't hate gay people, you can be gay, you just can't have sex with everyone and then some, but that counts for everyone.

Christians and Catholics just have this thing about interpreting the bible in the exact way they want to. And most of them choose to do it in the way of "Rape all the choirboys you can, but stone gay people untill they bleed from every pore".
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #37
Nepharim, can we not have statements like that? Consider this a warning.

[ Saturday, July 15, 2006 14:58: Message edited by: Imban ]
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #38
I did not categorize, I said most (I have read short of 100 articles about abovementioned cases). And to be honest, if you have to shut out the truth then censor everyone, everywhere, all the time.

Unless you declare free speech not to be a right in this place, right here.

I am not trying to lure out a ban, but I'm all for speaking one's mind. I'll take any insults towards what I think, because they are opinions, and everyone has a right to them.

[ Saturday, July 15, 2006 15:14: Message edited by: Nepharim ]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #39
Free speech is not a right on private forums and you should know that. There is a code of conduct that explicitly restricts the speech you are allowed to make without punishment falling upon you. Implying that most Catholics practice pederasty falls outside of these restrictions.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #40
In other words, it's Jeff and not us.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #41
Well, I guess I'll have to bite and appoligise, not having a superb day as well, guess I was far too judgemental.

So I'm sorry.

And Little Blue Sue, what do you mean by abovementioned statement?
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #42
Can we stay away from where this thread seems to be heading?

Anyway, I can't remember my most embarrasing moment, but I know one moment (not really embarrasing though). It was in Geography, a month or so ago. My friend (sitting next to me) requested that the teacher please move out of the way because she wasn't made of glass and he couldn't see the board. The teacher said, "I know. My father wasn't a glassmaker" or words to that effect. So I asked "What did your father make?" and she replied "He made big saws."
So I said "So you're a big saw then, Miss?"
My friend just burst out laughing, and I didn't realize until after class that it sounded like I was calling her a big sore. Luckily she didn't seem to mind, though, and just walked away. I have a feeling that she was trying hard not to crack up as well...

[ Saturday, July 15, 2006 15:45: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #43
Imban's right. Not all catholics are pederasts. Eunuchs, for example.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #44
12:30 a.m and TM's already made my day. :P

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Nepharim:

And Little Blue Sue, what do you mean by abovementioned statement?
Jeff Vogel, owner of Spiderweb Software, owns these boards. Thus, he has the power to choose what can and cannot be said here. I recall that not too long ago, he locked an abortion thread just because he didn't want that kind of polarizing debate here.

But getting back to the actual thread, another embarassing moment... how about breaking up with a girl, who after 6 months, I still cared about?

The difficulty was that I couldn't take another day of being in a relationship with her... so one evening when I was talking to her (me being outside my dorm room, she being in hers, a state away), I started up the "we need to talk" line of conversation, after listening to her yak with her friends for half an hour (they were in the room with her). Might I add that it's really unpleasant to basically listen to other people's conversations for half an hour when you really just called to talk to one person?

Anyway... unpleasantness ensued, and I wound up making the stupid promise to not decide on anything until Thanksgiving break (this was early November last year... which was bad, because I knew what I wanted to do already. This was also after a really horrible month, wherein... well, that's another story. But anyway, Thanksgiving rolled around, and to celebrate the holiday, we broke up. I made the girl cry... it was very, very... well, awful. I'd regret it more if I didn't know that it was the right decision.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #46
Anybody here ever slap their brother-in-law's butt by accident before? My sister did once. She immediately denied it through suppressed laughter. But it had to be her since I was getting a movie ready to go and friend Chris was clear across the room. We all had a good laugh of it.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #47
I have a couple...

So, my two best friends happened to be boyfriend and girlfriend, and they had just.. err.. gotten intimate for the first time, and my friend Justin told me. The next day, I call his girlfriend Jillian.

Jillian : Hello??

Me : Hey, Justin told me about last night, you dog you.

Jillian : Uh? I'm sorry... what?

Me : Jillian?

Jillian : No, this is Jillian's grandma. Who is this?

I told her shamefully who I was and was very apologetic while Jillian's grandma laughed her ass off.

Story 2:

This year... had a date with a girl for Prom. Broke it off. Got a different date for Prom. I was feeling guilty about breaking the first date, so I decided it was best I didn't go at all. I break date number 2, and the girl is devasted. My mom finds out, and makes me write a letter of apology to the girl and another to her mother, and makes me ask her back out for Prom. Luckily, she didn't take me back.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #48
Why would she make you write a letter of apology to her mother? That's just weird.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Mysterious Man:

grandma laughed her ass off.
More stories should end like this.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.

Pages