What continent do you live on? (in which the voices take over)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What continent do you live on? (in which the voices take over)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #50
You are nuts.

Some Like it Hot is way funnier than Arsenic and Old Lace. It just isn't even close.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #51
quote:
Is English your counsellor's second language? "Analysis paralysis" is the snappier and more typical form of the phrase.
No, he was born here and doesn't speak any other language at all. Also, I don't see what saying it a little differently has to do with language or national origin.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by The_Other_Guy:

I don't see what saying it a little differently has to do with language
:rolleyes:

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7021
Profile #53
Whooo Africa!
I this hardly comprises a reply but what do I care this is the last time I'm on this forum for a while anyway.

--------------------
"My Mazaradi goes 185
They Took my License
Now I don’t drive
But I got me a limo
And I sit in the back
Lock all the doors
In case I’m attacked.”
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #54
quote:
Originally written by Indifferent Salmon:

You are nuts.

Some Like it Hot is way funnier than Arsenic and Old Lace. It just isn't even close.

His Girl Friday was funnier than either of those two movies.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #55
My film professor fell out of his car laughing at the last line of Some Like It Hot when he first saw it at a drive in.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by Indifferent Salmon:

You are nuts.

The Arsenic movie is simply not funny, period.
Of course, I once played Teddy in a semiprofessional theatre run, so I'm a bit biased. I've never seen Some Like it Hot

Where the heck did this discussion emerge from, anyway?
I thought we were discussing multiple personalities.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is not my other half.
Don't get us started.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #57
You obviously weren't listening to the voices then. :P

Since you can't seem to hear the voices, Dikiyoba will just have to tell you what they say. The voices demand that you give all your money to Dikiyoba. Also, they want all the lawn chemicals that the Silent Assassin has stockpiled.
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #58
quote:
Since you can't seem to hear the voices, Dikiyoba will just have to tell you what they say. The voices demand that you give all your money to Dikiyoba. Also, they want all the lawn chemicals that the Silent Assassin has stockpiled.
Who are "they?" I also noticed that the effects from the "thing" seem to be wearing off. Is this good?

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #59
The thing only has power over me in the script, the Fanfix thread, and my profile. So the thing's effects are not wearing off.

"They" are the voices, of course. And they want you to give Dikiyoba all your money as well. :P

Edit: Added :P .

[ Tuesday, June 06, 2006 15:23: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #60
Pralgad.

What?
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #61
quote:
The thing only has power over me in the script, the Fanfix thread, and my profile. So the thing's effects are not wearing off.
Oh, ok well I guess I won't have to worry about getting attacked by the thing.
quote:
"They" are the voices, of course.
Of course.
quote:
And they want you to give Dikiyoba all your money as well.
Wouldn't be worth the trouble. As I haven't got much.

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

"They" are the voices, of course. And they want you to give Dikiyoba all your money as well. :P
Again?

[ Tuesday, June 06, 2006 19:41: Message edited by: Robinator, #034 ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #63
I hate to get back on subject, but my Alpha Centaurian friend would stop nagging me about it. He is apalled by the geocentricity of this poll, and cannot believe the arogance of its creator in assuming that only earthlings frequent this board. Just thought I'd pass the message along.
(Do not concern yourself with the temporal inconsistency in this post. It is not intended to imply the existence of faster than light communication.)

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #64
quote:
Originally written by WiKiSpidweb:

IDo not concern yourself with the temporal inconsistency in this post. It is not intended to imply the existence of faster than light communication.
That's ok. Let's think that DHL managed to bring a message from your friend from Alpha Centauri in 4 days. :P
Back to offtopic: I definitely got deaf to the voices (or blind to the thread), but why Salmon started talking about the movies? :)

Edit: voices made me write some typos.

[ Tuesday, June 06, 2006 22:32: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #65
Written by Alorael [quote]I've heard of five political continents (America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia) and seven traditional continents (add Antarctica and divide the Americas) but both are arbitrary.
[/quote]I took Geography for three miserable years. I can't remember much since I tried real hard to block it, especially since it was only the geography of the island, its mountains, lakes, and blah blah blah. We almost never discussed other continents, let along other countries. However, all through my life I was told (as it showed on the books we used) that there were only five continents (As Alorael mentioned, the “political continents”), which is why I had that question wrong on my first History test in the US. The teacher looked at me as if I were an idiot. And for my life I couldn't understand why America had to be split into two continents, and if so why wasn't Central America (the name that the Caribbean Island were referred to in our Geography books and by our teachers) a continent too? And so many other things that made people look at me as if I were making it up.

Therefore, I learned to shut up. Hear what other people said before going on and on about what I thought it was right, look it up online if I thought they were wrong, and then proceed to argue about it. And oh yeah, I currently live in North America
Edit: tried to fix quote. I'm in a hurry so I did the best I could.

[ Wednesday, June 07, 2006 08:54: Message edited by: Leena ]

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #66
quote:
Therefore, I learned to shut up.
Wise words all-knowing sage. ;)

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #67
quote:
Originally written by Ford Prefect:

I definitely got deaf to the voices (or blind to the thread), but why Salmon started talking about the movies?
That is a very good question. I'm sure you will get an answer. My hypothesis is that it was topical.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shock Trooper
Member # 6908
Profile #68
quote:
Originally written by Freakin' Salmon:

quote:
Originally written by Ford Prefect:

I definitely got deaf to the voices (or blind to the thread), but why Salmon started talking about the movies?
That is a very good question. I'm sure you will get an answer. My hypothesis is that it was topical.

Well, okay, I've got the idea. A pity I haven't seen Arsenic and Old Lace. Still Wikipedia gave me some knowledge on it's plot. I think that Some Like it Hot definitely should be funnier for me, since I dont like movies making fun of real insanity in a whole family.
Anyway, why did you mention Some Like it Hot? I don't think that disguising man into woman can't be a sample of multy personalities disorder, although in the end one seemed to almost get used to his female personality. :P

P.S. Speaking on comedies, I can watch "Gods Must be Crazy II" again and again. :)

quote:
Originally by Leena:...I took Geography for three miserable years...We almost never discussed other continents, let along other countries
What on Earth should be studied in geography at school for three years about one island (if I got it right)?

[ Wednesday, June 07, 2006 21:14: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

--------------------
9 masks sing in a choir:
Gnome Dwarf Slith
Giant Troll Troglo
Human Nephil Vahnatai
"If the mask under mask to SE of mask to the left of mask and to the right of me is the mask below the mask to the right of mask to the right of mask below me is the same, then who am I?"

radix: +2 nicothodes: +1 salmon:+1
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #69
I've seen Arsenic and Old Lace, I have it on DVD. I think it's funny.
I've got Some Like It Hot at home to, I think, but I've only watched the first half an hour or so.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #70
You know, for real comedy you should watch Arnold movies. My favorite line of his is "You should not drink und bake". What a delivery. Course, now that he's Governor of California we don't have to wait for the movies to get good lines anymore.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #71
Have any of you ever watched the hilarious "Governator" JibJab clip?
It's right here.

[ Thursday, June 08, 2006 07:07: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Germany Wins:

You know, for real comedy you should watch Arnold movies. My favorite line of his is "You should not drink und bake". What a delivery. Course, now that he's Governor of California we don't have to wait for the movies to get good lines anymore.
And to think we used to wonder what politics was good for.

[ Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:28: Message edited by: Robinator, #034 ]

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'

Pages