No New Topics For A Day (Monday the 13th)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: No New Topics For A Day (Monday the 13th)
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #25
I average about 1 topic per week, so I can easily abstain on Monday.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #26
Lol, that's stupid. You shouldn't care about this place anyways, it's an online forum. Who cares if it's cluttered? It's not like it's a spam can, this is how sad people on here are. Thinking topics should have value. Go outside and see if the sun doesn't burn your skin. If you walk away fine, you'll discover a whole new world.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Shaper Lord:

Lol, that's stupid. You shouldn't care about this place anyways, it's an online forum. Who cares if it's cluttered? It's not like it's a spam can, this is how sad people on here are.
Says the canned member...

You know, we just don't like annoying people, and we don't like being annoyed by them. Annoying people post too many topics, therefore trying to cut back on topics may help. If nothing else, it will show us the true spammers...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #28
Sorry I ruined your nerdy fun on a forum. I'm canned for a reason, I don't give a crap about the forums, and do whatever I want cause I think it's fun or funny. Such as, taking a shot at people under my level.

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #29
If you don't like the forum, why are you here? Honestly, you could just go away and not worry about it. No one is forcing you to be here.

Dikiyoba likes being nerdy. It's fun. And you learn a lot from reading textbooks.

Edit: Sig change.

[ Saturday, March 11, 2006 20:52: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #30
I wasn't planning on making a new topic in a very short period of time anyway, so I'll join.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
I'll join. I'vce nothing to say anyway.

And I agree with the Golden pizzaking on the name changing thing. Every week will be too much.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #32
I join. But the topics-spreading event isn't all made by arrrrrrrrrrrgh. I saw A LOT of "Rating Topics" for many days, opened by The Lurker and BainIhrno. :o

[ Sunday, March 12, 2006 03:35: Message edited by: MagmaDragoon ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #33
Yes, but the rating topics are on-topic and useful. And they tell us more about the games and people's opinions than any poll could.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #34
It's just too much to have all the rating topics come out at once, especially since they keep popping back up. Since the same thing can be said about many games, people end up repeating themselves. It gets old fast.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #35
Sorry for being off topic but I didn't want to start a new one.

quote:
Originally written by [b:
Dominican Desire[/b]]
*A very thoughtful post*
:D

You should keep it that way.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #36
I honestly find the young Shaper's opinion very funny. Wherever I've been, I always seem to see at least one person in every place expressing the uneducated opinion of "OMFG LIEK U TEH NEEEERDDS U DON NO WAT AIR IS TEHLOLOLOLOLOLOL". Admittedly, that's a paraphrase, but you get the point.

If you have something better to do, do so. Because between us, you'd lose the argument of who has a better social life.

However, to remain with some semblance of ontopicness, I do have to say that I don't see the problem with a busy forum. Sure, it means that we have to PPP more often, but just because there are more topics, doesn't mean that you still have to read through all of them. Just pick out the ones that look interesting, otherwise you'll end up being here, all day.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

[quote=[b]Dominican Desire
]
*A very thoughtful post*

You should keep it that way.[/b][/quote]I made a thoughtful post? A very thoughtful post? me? ME? When and where was this? Omg, I've failed.
Anyhow, I have been spamming quite a bit (OK A LOT) lately, but that will soon stop. So just bear with it for just a little longer.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #38
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

[quote=[b]Dominican Desire
]
*A very thoughtful post*
You should keep it that way.[/b][/quote]I've wasted several long minutes looking for anything thoughtful written by Marlenny and have come up empty. Please, please show me where it is. I need to replace the awful signature line that I now use.

Thanks.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #39
Don't waste your time Salmon, there isn't. I think Jewels must have spoke out of hope that I would try to make my posts more thoughtful.
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #40
Thinking before posting isn't something common here. Brains aren't really required. One might think so, for perhaps, taking part in philosophical debate, but myself, a couple of years ago, is living proof against that.

[ Sunday, March 12, 2006 12:06: Message edited by: Hakuna Matata ]
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #41
I'm in. I post a few topics a year, anyway, but I'll make a point of not posting this Monday.

And I like this as a monthly holiday.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #42
quote:
Originally written by Dominican Desire:

Don't waste your time Salmon, there isn't. I think Jewels must have spoke out of hope that I would try to make my posts more thoughtful.
As privately discussed, I have located several posts which are insightful and thoughtful, and I am now filled with shame for having ever doubted the sincerity with which your posts are brimming.

Color me green.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #43
Sshhh, you weren't supposed to let anyone know about those posts. Although, I do like you filled with shame for having ever doubted the sincerity with which my posts are brimming, I must say that I prefer not having people believe that I think about most of the things I post. I do appreciate the apology though
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #44
I don't post a whole lot of topics anymore, just basically when a new idea pops into my head.

As for this "no topic starting on Monday" thing, I doubt it will work very good. The activity on Spiderweb, which more or less correlates with the number of daily new topics, is always naturally and unevenly ebbing and flowing. There have been times when we've gone days and days without a single new topic, and then people comment on how slow the board is. Just be happy with the activity for each day in good faith that it will change in the future.

Irony is, to propose this, yet another topic had to be started. :P

--------------------
-ben4808
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #45
About 1 hour and 10 minutes until no new topics, just for the record. :P

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #46
I shall not participate. Tomorrow will see 20 new topics created by me. Mwahamwama. That or I'll have a seizure from this rapidly flashing music vid on my T.V. right now. Damn Metric! Ahhhhhhhh :eek:

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #47
I agree with Drakey, Ben, and HM above. I think I won't be abstaining from topicalizing today/tomorrow, though who knows if that will end up making any difference.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #48
The 13th is nearly over for me. You will all be sorely disappointed if you anticipate no new topics tomorrow. :P

[ Sunday, March 12, 2006 21:31: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Dominican Desire:

Jewels was actually talking about your name change, not the content of your post. But alas, it seems you have changed it already. :(

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley

Pages