Geneforge 3 - 7.47 (9.5/2.0)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Geneforge 3 - 7.47 (9.5/2.0)
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #0
I personally haven't finished playing it yet, but so far I've had a lot of fun experimenting with the different damage types, the creations, etc. I even managed to kill Diwaniya with a few vlish before leaving Harmony Island (I even tried to kill Lankan in his Augmented state, but I got roasted). I've also tried crafting which looks promising, and I think the plot is very interesting and much more original than the G2 plot.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 13:38: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #1
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

I've also tried crafting which looks promising, and I think the plot is very interesting and much more original than the G2 plot.
But you can choice only 2 factions and you have only a follower.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by MagmaDragoon:

quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

I've also tried crafting which looks promising, and I think the plot is very interesting and much more original than the G2 plot.
But you can choice only 2 factions and you have only a follower.

I don't mind the fact that there are only 2 factions in Gf3. It's not like you could have had lots of factions in remote islands who are at war. As for the follower thing... The follower NPCs weren't all that useful in Gf2. Greta, on the other hand, is very useful; and even Alwan can be useful if you find a way to make him stay alive.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
Minor engine improvements mostly uninteresting, some very annoying, still good overall. Plot forgot to show up, felt rushed at times.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
Well, with the 5 different landscapes, it's pretty.

And then there's the plot- you may as well take the "illegal shaping" that made GF2 so unique and insert a mad member of PETA into it to simulate how "effective" Litalia is to the overall atmosphere.

Combat- after TWO WHOLE GAMES- goes from "acceptable" to "intolerable" at record-breaking speeds. By the end of the second island, I was totally fed up with combat, and I was painfully stymied later on when my "rush-past-the-BS" strategy forced me to take a steel-toed boot to the groin.

Characters outside of Litalia are also fairly mediocre. And given that there's only two paths and neither of those paths really deviate until the endgame, the "choices" in gameplay become vaccuous. On the other hand, this is a good thing since it discourages replays.

And another thing. There SERIOUSLY needs to be some fixes made to the way Mechanics and Leadership work. Mines? Dialog box checks? This crap got a bit old mid-way through the first game, it was old in the second game, and it is still old now.

It's a piece of crap, but it sure is a long one, so if you enjoy the intestinal boquet of processed foods and Ecoli, you've found yourself a winner in GF3.

[ Sunday, March 05, 2006 19:45: Message edited by: Get Nathan Ashby's Groove On ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #5
You definitely hate Geneforge.

Fun, fun!!

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Ashbywolf and Imbanophobia 5567:

You definitely hate Geneforge.
I don't hate GF; I might even buy GF4. What I truly hate though if GF3

[ Monday, March 06, 2006 09:11: Message edited by: Rei ]
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #7
*fires up to top*

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #8
I think I'm the only person who gave this one a non-knee-jerk rating. Sheesh. Maybe we can do better this time around.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #9

I liked it, but it wasn't as good as G2 or G1, or G4 for that matter.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #10
G3 was good, G4 was better.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #11
Geneforge 3

Other than item-crafting, this game didn't add anything to what we had in GF2. Yeah sure the inventory screen looks nice, whatever. Unfortunately the other changes were generally a nuisance. The boat-travelling thing is really annoying. So too is the innovation of nesting some zones inside others, so that you constantly have to walk across one area in real time in order to get to where you're going. There are only 2 sides to join which made the game feel a lot more limited compared to GF2.

Overall: 6.5.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #12
Yawn. I'll update all of my rating topics tomorrow. Too lazy to do it now, and I've got to sleep, sorry.

Anyway.

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
I really can't say anything bad about this game, other than its lack of the Barzahl factor. Good plot, great characters, fun dungeons. 9.5.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
I didn't like this game much, but I didn't dislike it either. It would have been a good game if this was the first in the series. But it's not. It's the third. So 6.5.

Dikiyoba.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #15
New graphics and some tweaking. Still only two sides. 7.5.

[ Saturday, February 17, 2007 13:22: Message edited by: Nalyd Twisted ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #16
8.0 I didn't have may problems with the plot and I liked the Greta vs. Alwan rivalry. And new spells are always cool!

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

"But what ... is it good for?"
--Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968, commenting on the microchip.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #17
What were the new spells and new creations in Geneforge 3? I was under the impression that they were the same as Geneforge 2 (apart from some tweaking e.g. daze now affects multiple targets).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4