Snow!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Snow!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #0
Tonight, as I type, and in fact since early afternoon, the first frozen precipitation of the year for my area is falling. I absolutely love snow. I don't even mind shoveling out the car and clearing the walk. There is just something about the pristine whiteness that everything has just after a snowfall. It is the best thing about winter in my opinion. Unfortunately, the forecast is for only about 6 inches here, but it's better than nothing. So, what are your on snow, and how has your winter been for snow? Apologies to those of you in the southern hemisphere that are experienceing summer at the moment.

[ Saturday, February 11, 2006 21:59: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #1
I miss snow. It doesn't snow in Louisiana at all except for a dusting that melts in a few hours every five years or so. That, to me, doesn't count. I want enough snow to sled on.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
IMAGE(http://www.crwflags.com/art/states/wi.gif)

Die. Please. I mean it.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #3
Who could refuse one who asks so politely for your self-termination? Sounds like cabin fever is setting in in snowy Wisconsin.

There is lots of snow on our two mountain ranges here in western Washington. There has been virtually none on the ground this winter here near sea level. We have had some lovely wind and rain storms instead though.

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
EDIT: Accidental Reply

[ Saturday, February 11, 2006 22:13: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

only about 6 inches here, but it's better than nothing.
Subliminal advertising.

Also, it doesn't count as snow unless you measure it in feet.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #6
Absolutely no snow right now. This winter has been terrible. Well the last few have been really. Global warming is definitely here. Usually we get at least 45 cm of snow and some -50 degree weather, but this year I don't think it even froze. Totally boring . . .

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #7
January felt like spring over at Toronto... -_-

Although it's mildly cold now at about -10 degrees Celsius plus wind chill, at least it feels like winter again.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #8
The average temperature is about 75 centigrate here, which I find extremely distressing. There has been no snow or rain to speak of.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #9
No snow here in Oregon. We don't live in the mountains. However, we did get a taste of hail! Other than that, it's just chilly and rainy. That's the Pacific Northwest for you!

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #10
Just snowed where I am, plenty of snow for skiing! :D

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #11
No snow here in Florida. Its been an unusually hot winter, but I was never expecting snow so nothing to be disapointed about.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Apprentice
Member # 6787
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

only about 6 inches here, but it's better than nothing.
Subliminal advertising.

Also, it doesn't count as snow unless you measure it in feet.

rofl

--------------------
"I come for the chugga... but I stay for the wiggy wugga."-Cheerleader
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #13
I like hot weather, I grew up in a hot weather. I liked January, it was ok since it wasn't that cold, and it was truly a perfect weather right on the 60s, but it had no snow. I grew up in a country where you couldn't tell the difference between winter and summer, so I want the snow.
Thank God, we just had like 12 inches of snow today, and it's beautiful outside, and it's cold and cuddling. I just came from making a sweet, ugly looking snowman, and now i'm ready to spend the day under the covers drinking hot chocolate and looking outside.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
Originally by Zephyr Tempest.:

quote:
No snow here in Oregon. We don't live in the mountains. However, we did get a taste of hail! Other than that, it's just chilly and rainy. That's the Pacific Northwest for you!
It's currently sunny and warm in Oregon. In February. February's rain must have been used up in January.

Dikiyoba.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #15
We've got enough snow to cover the ground over here, but not much more than that.

I must be getting old - it seems that there was always much more snow when I was a kid.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #16
In the hidden base in Ohio, we got two inches.
In the New Jersy bunker, we got thirteen.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin would like to make it clear that he does not like snow, as it tends to crunch when he walks on it.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #17
I don't get much snow in Sydney, in fact, I don't get any. It snowed a couple months ago in the blue montains, I've heard it only happens once every 10 years or something like that. The only time I've seen snow is on year 6 camp to Canberra.
Apprentice
Member # 6607
Profile #18
I live in Minnesota. We're not the snowiest state. We are how ever one of the coldest states. We do get our fair share of snow however.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #19
Missouri's kinda weird about snow... St. Louis doubly so. When we do get snow, there can be a ton of it. But it's generally rare for snow to stick around for more than a weekend here. This year, we've gotten our biggest snowstorms when it technically wasn't cold enough for it to stick to the ground, but we still got a few inches of accumulation (very strange to have the snow literally melting off the trees while it's still snowing fiercely).

Example: It's kind of flaking down right now, but I doubt it'll accumulate much.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #20
It started snowing here yesterday afternoon and finished at about 8:30 this morning. We have about 2 feet of it. The power went out this morning because of it.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Note to Self:

The average temperature is about 75 centigrate here, which I find extremely distressing. There has been no snow or rain to speak of.
How do you survive that 167 degree Farenheit heat?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #22
We got just enough snow on Thursday night to go sledding on Saturday afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I hate the cold, but anything that even slightly resembles a carnival ride isn't all that bad.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

quote:
Originally written by Note to Self:

How do you survive that 167 degree Farenheit heat?

Wouldn't you like to know. :P

Upon reconsideration, the temperature is about 75 degrees Farenheit.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #24
The amount of snow we have right now in upstate New York is basically the reason the term "powdering of snow" was created. Aside from that, there are some icy, dirty snowbanks here and there, and they've been slowly shrinking for weeks. All in all, not a great year for snow. We've had maybe one or two great snowstorms so far, but we usually get more. We're supposed to get some tomorrow, and I'm really hoping we do...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages