The Spiderweb Instant Custom Title Generator?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Spiderweb Instant Custom Title Generator?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #150
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

It could be convinced to switch things around for a small, discrete bribe.
Discrete from what?

(Hint: the word you want is "discreet". "Discrete" means "consisting of separate parts". Pet peeve.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #151
quote:
Originally written by The Stew Boy:

You know, I never realised we had so many members. Just by looking at the first page, I'm surprised.
But you haven't done one for me yet...

The active posters usually number above 300 over any given 30-day period, judging from the monthly stats. Considering that, 35 members in this list is actually not a lot by comparison...

(Which also just made me notice that I once again messed up my own updating script by uploading an older version onto the newer one. I probably deleted the local version as well. :rolleyes: )

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #152
quote:

Alo - Even I don’t have it in me to make myself that patronizing and irritating, exluding any irrelevant opinion that TM may feel an irrepressible compulsion to share.
How do you know until you've tried?

—Alorael, who assumes that Synergy requires the bribe to be discreetly marked as specifically for titles, a purpose discrete from the usual background level of bribery necessary to any Spidwebian back room conspiracy.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #153
I prefer my old name. I don't think my shorter hair effectively sums up my ineptitude, occasional bad spelling and insomnia-induced meangingless drivel. Hence, I don't like "Short Locks Incorporated".

That is all.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #154
Thurly - you got me. I do know the difference between discreet and discrete, so I must have been on auto-pilot last night. However, the bribe can be discrete too: three vacuum tubes, to be exact.

SupaNik. The novelty of your haircut has worn off We have reverted you to your original glory.

Spring - That was thorougly underwhelming. The SICTG™ is not impressed. Do you write one-word essay answers in school too? I saw a puff of smoke rise from the back of the SICTG™ when I fed it your minimalistic data. We may require more. Something. Anything. A story from your day, perhaps. That is, if you want a title that is (A) relevant and (B) palatable.

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #155
Synergy, I thank you for that wonderful title. I feel honored.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 6759
Profile Homepage #156
Executive Kare Unit?

Well at least i'm significant enough to get a title!
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #157
quote:

1) Where do you live?

2) What is your relationship to the bevy of lassies in the picture behind you?

3) What is your attitude toward said bevy?

4) What is your favorite color?

5) What is the meaning of life?

1) Australia
2) It doesn't exist
3) and that is my attitude.
4) Blue
5)
quote:
Life: state of living beings, characterized by growth, reproduction, and response to stimuli; period between birth and death or between birth and the present time; way of living; amount of time something is active or functions; biography; liveliness or high spirits; living beings collectively.

Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #158
Karin and whom it may concern:

Keep in mind that the SICTG™ also operates on whim, which by definition is essentially random and unpredictable. Do not look for deeper meaning in the name the SICTG™ has selected for you. However, the SICTG™ is, at times, open to protest, suggestion, or discrEET bribery, according, of course, entirely to whim.

Also note that as the SICTG™ acquires more data on the nature of your being, it may well be inclined in the future to retitle you to something more annoyingly insightful.

Stew Boy - You are preapproved! Send no money now. Actually...do. Lots. Going back to school is really expensive.

quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

quote:

Alo - Even I don’t have it in me to make myself that patronizing and irritating, excluding any irrelevant opinion that TM may feel an irrepressible compulsion to share.
How do you know until you've tried?

I spend enough of my life in that (counseling) role. One reason I chose to enter the field of psychotherapy was because my friends and associates kept utilizing me that way, even when I was a teen. I like to listen and they like to talk. They like what I have to say in response. I figured I might as well get paid to do what I love and am apparently geared to do.

[ Thursday, February 16, 2006 18:23: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #159
Um, excuse me for asking a stupid question, but what on earth is 'The Nihilist Minimalist'?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #160
quote:

Um, excuse me for asking a stupid question, but what on earth is 'The Nihilist Minimalist'?
I believe that means you believe in a little bit of nothing.

I don't think I'll touch that sentence again, or it might explode...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #161
quote:

Spring - That was thorougly underwhelming. The SICTG™ is not impressed. Do you write one-word essay answers in school too? I saw a puff of smoke rise from the back of the SICTG™ when I fed it your minimalistic data. We may require more. Something. Anything. A story from your day, perhaps. That is, if you want a title that is (A) relevant and (B) palatable.
1) Australia
2) They are friends of a friend, and they were doing assorted things when that photo was taken.
3) They are alright, I suppose. They can get a little annoying, and they are unable to hold a decent conversation, but they are nice.
4) Green, the color of my eyes, the color of the grass, and half the color of my school logo.
5) Personally, I believe it is just to achieve your own thing, and there is no destiny.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #162
quote:

Short answers. Two about non-existence. The SICTG™ is still missing three vacuum tubes. Voila. (You get what you pay for.)

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #163
^_________________^

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #164
There once was a man from Nepal
Who fell in a spring in the fall.
While the fall in the spring
Was a terrible thing,
He died in the spring, not the fall.

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #165
That delightful limerick just made my day. ^_^

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #166
Glad to hear it! Occasionally the SICTG™ spits out something effectively pleasing entirely by accident. I hope Spring is amused, because it might almost begin to make up for the unfortunate initial custom title the SICTG™ coughed up on his behalf.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #167
quote:

Glad to hear it! Occasionally the SICTG™ spits out something effectively pleasing entirely by accident. I hope Spring is amused, because it might almost begin to make up for the unfortunate initial custom title the SICTG™ coughed up on his behalf.
That being? Sorry, I guess I didn't pay attention to the thread...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #168
All SICTG™ generated titles appear in the first post of this thread. Perhaps the list has grown since last you looked.

Consider it a conscious decision on our part to not spammify unduly. (I don't like spam.)

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #169
*Checks*

Down Under DJ Dude? I guess that's okay. Maybe it should be "Occult 8 Ball User", though.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #170
"OUTLOOK NOT SO GOOD."

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #171
Aran:

Spring — Decently Conversational/Conversationally Decent

(Just in case you didn't check.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #172
quote:

cAPSLOCKED dALLERDIN — "What About BOB?"
I'm not entirely sure where the SubGenius reference came from, as the entire thing is a load of barely diguised Cthulhu worship, but hey. I'm not complaining.

[ Saturday, February 18, 2006 01:12: Message edited by: cAPSLOCKED dALLERDIN ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #173
:Hades — Gravely Concerned: Is this random or did it have something to do with a post I made?

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #174
I'm beginning to wonder what I've missed with all these really random posts. Have the Boards descended into even more insanity while I was gone?

- Archmagus Micael

P.S. I didn't bother reading through all 7 pages, so someone tell me if I've been given one of these titles. Just don't make one for me. My own name's fine enough.

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)

Pages