Tell me random events...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Tell me random events...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
There are a number of ways to make an XOR gate.

For example, four NAND gates (equivalent to an AND gate followed by a NOT gate, although usually it isn't really made that way) arranged like so:

IMAGE(http://guest.engelschall.com/~sb/download/disjoin/img/XorGate.jpg)

are equivalent to an XOR gate.

(Actually, you can build any logic gate entirely out of NAND gates if you really want to. Sometimes it's the most practical way to do so, because it's actually quite simple to make a reliable NAND gate.)

[ Wednesday, October 05, 2005 19:36: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #26
Yes, yes. This particular xor4 gate is implemented using a certain configuration of Metal-Oxide-Silicon transistors. (Don't ask for more details :P )

Oh, and I decided to let mister house centipede go. He was probably helping to keep the silverfish/roach/ant populations down. :D

Yes, in general, eating terrestrial carnivores is a bad idea. Now why is this? Protein concentration hierarchies? Taste?

Stuffed mushroom caps taste good.

A beam of light shines through a tattered leaf.

Etc. ;)

--------------------
My friend! Do not fear the flames of the demonic legion! Let the flames incinerate your weakness, strip away all neuroses, and transform you into a newly-forged brazen GOD! Then you will show the subhuman supplicants the true meaning of domination and the proper use of POWER!
--Daemon Pavidum
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Yes, in general, eating terrestrial carnivores is a bad idea. Now why is this? Protein concentration hierarchies? Taste?
Partly there's the issue of bioaccumulation of heavy metals or other stable toxic substances in whatever they've eaten, but unless you are an Inuit you are probably not going to be exposed to enough of anything to have serious health effects by that route. And since nepenthes is a tropical plant, I suspect you're not an Inuit.

(Besides, the above applies as much if not more to aquatic carnivores as terrestrial ones. The amount of mercury in flake is likely to be more of a potential health concern than any heavy metal or pesticide residues in a lion or wolf.)

A more practical consideration is that because of their lifestyles, the muscles of carnivores tend to be low in fat and high in collagen, making them quite dry and tough. This is true to some extent of most wild animals (which is why game meats have to be cooked carefully), but it's especially true for carnivores.

[ Thursday, October 06, 2005 04:21: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #28
On topic, I've gone from walking home from college with the most beautiful girl in the world, to getting home, reading my email, kicking a wall, screaming into my pillow, listening to Radiohead at full volume (so tears gushed forth), writing in my blog, telling aforementioned girl I loved her, being ignored, writing this, drinking coffee, and feeling sorry for myself.

In that order. Now I'm sighing a lot, and looking out at the rain. Good, good, good.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #29
Collagen isn't bad for you, though. In fact, isn't whatever is in it what makes chicken soup so good for you when you have a cold?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #30
How is it possible that everybody who posted on this topic was either bored or trying to look pathetic?

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #31
Um, what have a done today???
Woke up at 4:40am, went straight to the bathroom, took a long bath, brushed my teeth, spent 5 minutes looking at my closet and figured out what to wear. I ended up wearing blue jeans and I black shirt. Left the house, go into the D Train, changed into the E, and then transfered into the F. I got out of the train station at 7:15am, took the bus for 5 minutes and went into my Italian class. From there I took math, followed by my management class (went pretty good). Then I had lunch with my friends, and now I'm sitting on my economics class pretending to listen to the teacher talking about the economic systems and who knows what else.

Very exciting indeed.

Edit: to answer the question above. If you were having tons of funs and enjoying yourself, would you honestly quit it and come check the boards????? Didn't think so.

[ Thursday, October 06, 2005 08:57: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

How is it possible that everybody who posted on this topic was either bored or trying to look pathetic?
How is it possible that you could derive such a wrong-headed conclusion from the facts?

[ Thursday, October 06, 2005 08:54: Message edited by: Drew ]
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #33
Back off topic:

I see, Thuryl. What exactly are XOR gates used for usually, then? Like an example.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #34
Hmm, last 2 hours...

Schoolwork and getting my ass squarely handed to me in Neverwinter Nights.
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #35
Last 2 hours: So far in this time frame, I've gotten yelled at by my friend who's suddenly mad at me for no apparent reason, thought again and again about the woman I love, wrote several poems about her, sung along to an interesting mix of songs by various artists (Marilyn Manson, Suzanne Vega, Simple Plan, etc.), watched TV, played Nethergate, thought more about the one I love, consider the meaning of life, baked biscuits for a school project, pressed leaves for a school project, ate some candy bars, thought more about the one I love, started to write an autobiography then realized that no one would read it. There you go. More or less.

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #36
In the past two hours I have been winding down, but for the two hours before that I was at a banquet with hubby for Hope Gospel Mission where we had dinner and listened to testamonies of former homeless that have been helped by the Mission. Chris is their new Work Program Coordinatior and helps the homeless develop work skills and find jobs.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #37
This is depressing.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Collagen isn't bad for you, though. In fact, isn't whatever is in it what makes chicken soup so good for you when you have a cold?
Nah, collagen's just a protein. It's a pretty unappealing one to eat in large quantities, though, because it's incredibly strong and therefore hard to chew.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

You forget to mention one more important reason, and ironically enough, it applies to you...

To increase their post account/wind up everybody else.

Okay, so it was two. Shoot me. Okay, last two hours today... I was stroking the beautiful girl's hair, then sending a 'Happy Birthday' email to Radiohead's Thom Yorke, and finally posting here. Nothing as bad as yesterday. Nothing interesting either...

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Warrior
Member # 5886
Profile #40
Originally posted by WST ben:
quote:

XOR gate? I've wondered how that works for a while. As compared to AND or OR.

Ok, since you asked:

Here's a truth table for the XOR gate:

a b|xor
0 0|0
0 1|1
1 0|1
1 1|0

It's just like the OR except that it is "exclusive", which means that when both inputs are true, the function is false. The XOR function is also known as the ODD function, because it is only true when an odd number of inputs are true. Thus, the XNOR gate implements the complement of this, called the EVEN function.

This gate can have any number of inputs >=2. It is often used in microprocessor design in parity-bit-check circuits, which is a way to check errors in a word of data. The piece of logic "knows" that a piece of generated data has a certain number of 1's, then when the data is received at another location, it can XOR the bits of the data word together to determine if there are an even or odd number of 1's. Obviously, if an error occured where two ones became zeros or vice versa, this method of checking would not work and something more complex would be required.

:D

[ Friday, October 07, 2005 13:40: Message edited by: Aranea Hirsuta ]

--------------------
My friend! Do not fear the flames of the demonic legion! Let the flames incinerate your weakness, strip away all neuroses, and transform you into a newly-forged brazen GOD! Then you will show the subhuman supplicants the true meaning of domination and the proper use of POWER!
--Daemon Pavidum
Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

- A guy I was getting a fake ID from died in a car accident

I can't help thinking that he won't need his ID anymore anyway, so....

Oops. Sorry.

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #42
What is up with people getting a Faked ID???
I live in New York, and I've never seen anyone with one nor know of anyone who makes one (that's just wrong, I gotta work on it), and I honestly don't see the point in to getting one. Maybe it is because I grew up in the Dominican Republic, where they let you get into any night clubs and sell you drinks without asking for one, but I honestly don't think that any nightclub nor drink is good/important enough to go through the process of getting a faked ID.

Now, I'm not saying it isn't apealing to have one. There is def something exciting about having a double identity.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #43
quote:
Originally written by Aranea Hirsuta:

Originally posted by WST ben:
quote:

XOR gate? I've wondered how that works for a while. As compared to AND or OR.

Ok, since you asked:

Here's a truth table for the XOR gate:

a b|xor
0 0|0
0 1|1
1 0|1
1 1|0

It's just like the OR except that it is "exclusive", which means that when both inputs are true, the function is false. The XOR function is also known as the ODD function, because it is only true when an odd number of inputs are true. Thus, the XNOR gate implements the complement of this, called the EVEN function.

This gate can have any number of inputs >=2. It is often used in microprocessor design in parity-bit-check circuits, which is a way to check errors in a word of data. The piece of logic "knows" that a piece of generated data has a certain number of 1's, then when the data is received at another location, it can XOR the bits of the data word together to determine if there are an even or odd number of 1's. Obviously, if an error occured where two ones became zeros or vice versa, this method of checking would not work and something more complex would be required.

:D

Okay, thanks a bunch. Nothing like furthering your knowledge on message boards. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #44
Marlenny - I can get into pubs here without an ID but it costs so much for alcahol in pubs it would be cheaper just to buy booze from a bottleshop. Unfortunitly they ask for ID. So I'm pretty much paying heaps for alcahol or going without.

Diarog Lethuta - Wait? Your a guy?
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #45
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

[QB]Marlenny - I can get into pubs here without an ID but it costs so much for alcahol in pubs it would be cheaper just to buy booze from a bottleshop. Unfortunitly they ask for ID. So I'm pretty much paying heaps for alcahol or going without.QB]
You can??? Nice. All I'm saying is that, somehow growing up in a country where you can buy and drink alcoholic drinks at any time you want made it less appealing for me to do so. I honestly don't feel the need for a Faked ID, since I only drink at parties (and alcohol is already free). Maybe it is because I live in New York, but I see too many people obsessing over it.
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Diarog Lethuta - Wait? Your a guy?
-- Kingy
Um, yes. What would make you think otherwise?

-- Diarog Lethuta

Edit: Another random event: Kingy just found out I'm a guy.

[ Saturday, October 08, 2005 08:51: Message edited by: Diarog Lethuta ]

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #47
Marlenny - Here we have to bring our own alcahol to parties which is why it's such a pain in the ass. But some of my friends are 18 (the legal drinking age here) so I usually only end up going to partys they're at so I can usually just get them to get it for me. It was really good when I was really into $8 vodka, which was 14 standard drinks of vodka for $8. But then I got completely hammered from it and havn't drunk it since.

Pages