Favourite Compliment

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favourite Compliment
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #25
I'm not completely sure, but I think the compliment I'd like to hear most is, "Hey, Bill, that's some leet gear you got right there!"

(Name edited to protect my identity on the intarweb.)

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #26
I usually get complimented on my hair, just because I haven't bothered to cut it in five years. :P

The last time someone called me beautiful repeatedly, he spent 3 hours chatting me up on a plane and followed me all over Rome's airport. I was never so relieved to catch a taxi in my life.

[ Thursday, September 01, 2005 15:50: Message edited by: premonition ]
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Khoth:

quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

"Are you as friendly as you look?" is a good one.
Aren't you one of those people who looks like a psychopath?

I said it was a good one. I didn't say I ever got it.

However, I do get called "gorgeous", "sweetheart", and even "beautiful" on a fairly frequent basis, which is a little unsettling.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #28
I think the subtle suggestion wsa that if you were as friendly as you look, nobody would stick around long enough to pay you the dubious compliment of saying so. They'd be getting their guns (more difficult in Australia), torches, pitchforks, and what have you.

—Alorael, who appreciates the virtual money. He'll set up a PayPal account right away for donations. Anyone willing?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #29
"So my house or yours?"

I like recieving comments from random freshman in the hall like "my friend thinks you're cute" or "do you have a girlfriend, cuz..."

Sadly, I have a girlfriend that I'm committed to, so I'm forced to use my common return-compliment: "go away."

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #30
Oh ^ where's the fun in that. The more the better. ;)

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Sadly, I have a girlfriend that I'm committed to...
Something doesn't add up...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Doublello:

I think the subtle suggestion wsa that if you were as friendly as you look, nobody would stick around long enough to pay you the dubious compliment of saying so. They'd be getting their guns (more difficult in Australia), torches, pitchforks, and what have you.
Like I said, no one has said that. They've been too busy getting their guns, etc. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Sadly, I have a girlfriend that I'm committed to...
Something doesn't add up...

Indeed. The "Sadly" usually doesn't even begin to enter one's thoughts until marriage, does it?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by Doublello:

They'd be getting their guns (more difficult in Australia), torches, pitchforks, and what have you.
Not everywhere. Melbourne, and any other large city, or a place where there is commision housing is a good place to get weapons.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #35
[quote=Doublello]
They'd be getting their guns (more difficult in Australia)
[/quote]Is it really that difficult? Over here where I live almost everyone has a gun and many make substitiutes for the ones they don't have. Here in New Zealand pistols are hard to come by and its really only the police that have them. Shotguns are the most common and small calibre rifles after that. Explosives arn't very common. Naturally with the lack of range people start making their own just to see if they can. A friend of mine made one that is quite common, a frozen orange launcher. It could fire a good 100 - 200m, was made out of pipe and could pierce through a car. We made short fuse pistols with pipe and firewroks. Also there was a flame thrower made by a Kiwi on Something Awful a while back. The link is somewhere around here.....Curses. It seems it was taken down. Anyway it was brilliant and had a huge flame. They tested it out in broad daylight in an area that wasn't used to much and no-one really minded.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #36
As I said, its not really hard. Just be over 18 and go to the local gun store. A couple of mates of mine go shooting a lot.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

As I said, its not really hard. Just be over 18 and go to the local gun store. A couple of mates of mine go shooting a lot.
Don't you need some kind of easy-to-fake gun liscense for that?

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #38
You can't just buy them over the counter, though.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #39
Can't buy pistols over the counter. Although bombs, napalm and pretty much any type of gun can be made with equiptment from home anyway.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #40
I know a shop, just five minutes walk of my house, where you can get the worlds most dangerous chamicals, like sulferacid and the like. I bought some myself too. :P

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

I know a shop, just five minutes walk of my house, where you can get the worlds most dangerous chamicals, like sulferacid and the like. I bought some myself too. :P
Why would you do that? Is having the world's most dangerous chemicals in your bathroom cabinet appealing to you in someway? To me, the thought of wildly grabbing some sulphuric acid whilst looking for some aspirin doesn't make my smile. Unless it's in a comedy film starring Ben Stiller. Then it's acceptable.

My favourite compliment to say was "you're beautiful". Then came the court order...

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #42
Shoot. I don't see why they should restrict any qualified honest person from buying a gun. Some people are quite in love with hunting, you know. It's not like they're going to go out and shoot somebody. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #43
An honest person is just a criminal who hasn't been caught yet.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Monkey Glands:

An honest person is just a criminal who hasn't been caught yet.
I laughed for ages when I read that. Then I realised it was true.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Benny Boy:

Shoot. I don't see why they should restrict any qualified honest person from buying a gun. Some people are quite in love with hunting, you know. It's not like they're going to go out and shoot somebody. :P
It's a bit of a different culture here. No one goes 'hunting'. Instead, they go 'shooting'. This involves driving a ute around at night, with a person on the back flashing a spotlight around, and blowing away any kangaroos/pigs/whatever takes your fancy that you come across.

'Hunting' implies stealth. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #46
That's not 'shooting', that's 'spraying'. 'Shooting' implies accuracy. :P

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #47
It's accurate. Got 2 Roos with one bullet, once. Can't argue with a 200% accuracy rate. :P

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #48
And you've never missed? ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #49
Out of all the guns sold in America, how many are used for hunting, how many are collectors items, and how many are used to blow someone away after they take the last bagel?

—Alorael, who doesn't know the statistics exactly, but he's willing to bet that the human to non-human gun deaths ratio is not that far from even. And you can probably make a better case for killing people than animals...
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages