What the heck?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What the heck?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #25
I imagine with a little URL hacking it would be possible to rate someone with their karma turned off. I should experiment with some of these unused accounts on this board.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5935
Profile #26
Well, don't worry about me wasting my time on the general forum again. I am very disturbed at the sorry attitudes and immature reactions on here by the 'veterans' of this forum. And I'm not saying this about ALL veteran members here, just the select few that responded in 10 year- old fashion. And the funny thing is that no one finds the actions of these people unacceptable. I've done nothing wrong and I'm getting roasted for raising the Karma question. I didn't see anyone even a moderator coming to my defense or offer any assistance. You obviously have your established clique, and don't care to expand to others. So consider this my last post for good in this place.

BTW - Don't bother responding, as I will not be coming back to see them
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #27
Except you will. :)

Take it easy, dude. Everyone that starts one of these topics gets one star, it's just the way it goes. Just cool out and have fun - it's not so hard.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by arkadilo:

Well, don't worry about me wasting my time on the general forum again. I am very disturbed at the sorry attitudes and immature reactions on here by the 'veterans' of this forum. And I'm not saying this about ALL veteran members here, just the select few that responded in 10 year- old fashion. And the funny thing is that no one finds the actions of these people unacceptable. I've done nothing wrong and I'm getting roasted for raising the Karma question. I didn't see anyone even a moderator coming to my defense or offer any assistance. You obviously have your established clique, and don't care to expand to others. So consider this my last post for good in this place.

If you can't take the heat, don't play in the fire.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #29
Well, there's nobody telling you that you have to stay. Basically, this is how Spiderweb is, and you've got to get used to it. It's even more 'different' with TM, Djur, Alec, TGM, and Rosycat around, but they are away. :(

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #30
Doing a search would have been a way to answer your questions without staring a new topic, and would have shown how many times this question has been asked already; the response to that question is predictable.

It's not about excluding new people. If you look at the member numbers and the date people joined you'll see that some are much newer than others.

Edit: Congrats on 2000 Ben.

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 09:28: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #31
Dolphin, Lily is quite adorable - thanks for the link! What breed is she again?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #32
She's a Rat Terrier, and thanks, Drew :)

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 09:30: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #33
This is nothing, my friend.

And you know, most people normally fit in, but I think you're one of those freaks who loves to be hated.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #34
It always saddens me when newbs are chased from Spiderweb like this. Remember poor GIFTS? Maybe we should be a little bit nicer with thin-skin people.

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #35
Unfortunately the way you find out they are thin-skinned is by inadvertently offending them.

[ Monday, August 15, 2005 13:26: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #36
I think this is more a problem with the internet in general than with Spiderweb in particular, but I think here the real lesson is that karma is meaningless, not that people are mean. People are mean, but you should really wait for a flamewar to draw that conclusion.

—Alorael, who is sorry to see someone driven away from the controlled chaos of General even if it is over something that isn't worth it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #37
Karma is worthless.

It lets us weed out the socially insecure.

I am tired.

--------------------
The critics agree!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #38
Give me that one star feeling. It is very hard to annoy people enough to get a one star rating. ONE STAR HERE PLEASE... :P I'm at three going for two.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #39
The purpose is to get truly bad karma so you can become the evil high priest of holy flaming butter. :eek:

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #40
Happy to oblige.

I doubt it did much, though.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by arkadilo:

It's great when someone overreacts that much over a bad rating. I mean, he could simply turn karma off.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #42
quote:
And I'm not saying this about ALL veteran members here, just the select few that responded in 10 year- old fashion.
This board's population covers a wide range of ages, from ten-year-olds to people well over sixty. Give yourself some time to sort that out. And welcome to spiderweb.

--------------------
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #43
I find it funny that when people come here, most of them assume that there is something wrong with the board and expect the community to change to accomodate them. I remember this from myself.

The first step of becoming an oldbie is to realize the reverse is true.

You will know someone has failed in this if their last post includes the line "Don't bother responding". Even if they return after that, they will always be shamed by the memory of this infantile outburst.

[ Tuesday, August 16, 2005 02:12: Message edited by: Aranfoolcaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #44
To the n00b who started the topic (too lazy to read his name): Get over it. Like Drew said, its just the way it is. Its like trying to stop the sun from coming up tomorrow. And yes, I'm sure you will come back and read this.

Also, no moderators 'cam to your defence' because there was nothing to defend you about. You get a one star rating, so what? I started out with one, and I'm sure many others did. You insulted a member first.

Thats my rant for the day... :P

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

It always saddens me when newbs are chased from Spiderweb like this. Remember poor GIFTS? Maybe we should be a little bit nicer with thin-skin people.
Yes. Very much so. :P

My karma has always hovered around 1.5 or so, which is obviously the transition point between 1 and 2 stars. It is currently above that mark, hence my 2 stars, but new 1-star votes do hardly anything anymore considering the fact that I've already had 70 or so votes.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #46
When people hesitate in leaving their sanity at the door the result is their inability to cope with the rest of us.

Repent, arkadilo! Feed your sanity to the fluffy turtles and see the light/dark/hazily-glowing-orange of Spiderweb!

[ Tuesday, August 16, 2005 08:36: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #47
I'm surprised there hasn't been a stick figure drawing in this topic yet...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #48
IMAGE(http://images5.theimagehosting.com/karma2.GIF)

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #49
I see their numbers have lessened. Good - everything is going according to plan!

Pages