Elections?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Elections?
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #75
There seems to be a perception that being a moderator is a tough job. Actually, it's just reading posts and posting as usual. Occasionally, you deliver a warning, which seems to go unnoticed. More often there is damage control to be done by topic locking. You've all seen what the mods do. Don't tell me your impressed, because then I either have an expensive egress to show you or you're lying.

Because the basic qualifications for being a mod are something that everyone should be able to meet (though not everyone does...), it really is mostly a glorified popularity contest with some people rendered ineligible by their obvious lack of impartiality. It's not as though being a mod carries a stipend, any glory, or throngs of men, women, and tentacles who hang around you at all times.

Really, since the death of Misc, there's just no fun in moderating anymore... Nostalgia!!!!!

—Alorael, who brings you a rumor from a darkened third floor window in Alaska that a certain skribbane addict may be interested in discovering whether two moderator slots can be set to the same account number. Perhaps topics can be even more emphatically locked?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #76
quote:
Originally written by Mysterious Mod:

There seems to be a perception that being a moderator is a tough job. Actually, it's just reading posts and posting as usual. Occasionally, you deliver a warning, which seems to go unnoticed. More often there is damage control to be done by topic locking. You've all seen what the mods do. Don't tell me your impressed, because then I either have an expensive egress to show you or you're lying.

Because the basic qualifications for being a mod are something that everyone should be able to meet (though not everyone does...), it really is mostly a glorified popularity contest with some people rendered ineligible by their obvious lack of impartiality. It's not as though being a mod carries a stipend, any glory, or throngs of men, women, and tentacles who hang around you at all times.

Really, since the death of Misc, there's just no fun in moderating anymore... Nostalgia!!!!!

—Alorael, who brings you a rumor from a darkened third floor window in Alaska that a certain skribbane addict may be interested in discovering whether two moderator slots can be set to the same account number. Perhaps topics can be even more emphatically locked?

Heavens forbid Alorael. Who'd run against you (or do so and still dare to walk past darkened third-floor windows in the dead of night)? :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #77
quote:
It's not as though being a mod carries a stipend, any glory, or throngs of men, women, and tentacles who hang around you at all times.

And there is the missing ingredient. The bait as it where. Why would Ben want to mod? He mods in Jadewolf's forum so it isn't the power trip. I wonder....

*this message furnished by the custom title foundation of exile*
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #78
Misc was fun. Especially playing with the headers.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #79
quote:
Originally written by Medicine Man:

Especially playing with the headers.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

damn you scorpius

EDIT: For reference, Thuryl will win.

Unless certain members conspire around a black horse...

Hmm...

[ Friday, June 17, 2005 21:05: Message edited by: Marx' Martyr ]

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #80
I've already conspired with Alorael. He's editing every member's vote to have my name in it.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #81
The very subtle appended editing messages will go entirely unnoticed.

—Alorael, who is pretty sure there were better plots in the halcyon days of conspiracies.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #82
Just change your name to that of the person's post you're editing, or something similar. You'll only have to do enough to get me the win.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
Originally written by Marx' Martyr:

quote:

Especially playing with the headers.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

damn you scorpius

Ah yes. That didn't go too well...

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #84
quote:

Just change your name to that of the person's post you're editing, or something similar. You'll only have to do enough to get me the win.
And then we'll all vote you straight off for cheating again. Is it really worth it?

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #85
Just a tiny reassurance that I am still watching you pretty kittens playing with the woolly balls....
Somehow posting as member totally anonymous number doesn't feel right, though.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #86
You'll always be 21 at heart.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #87
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

^_____________________^

Waiting to grow up that far, sweetums!

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #88
We know that you're watching. We may not all be kittens, but gosh darn it, playing with these balls of wool is just too darn fun.

Alec, you're probably right. Either Thuryl, Kel or Dolphin. It's no fun it being as simple and clear cut as that, so I call for as much cheating as possible to occur :P

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #89
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Lucky with that number. You couldn't say that to, say Milla (65) or Ados (73). :P

FBM, I don't stand a chance, eh? ;)

[ Saturday, June 18, 2005 03:50: Message edited by: Mostly Marvellous ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #90
Well, every candidate stands a chance... I'd just put Thuryl's chance higher than your's or anyone else's. :P

And just because it'd be fun to mod on yet another forum, to add to my present collection of four modships, I think I'll put myself forward for candidacy, when the topic comes up. :P

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #91
It might be somewhat fun to be a mod if for no other reason than to have a Blademaster title. However, I don't read all the threads and have history of infrequency on the boards so I would probably not make the best moderator.

I would vote for Dolphin. She would most likely be a good mod.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #92
Since I have been here since way back when, I'm not about to miss my chance to point out that MM was an utterly appalling mod. Perhaps not the worst, but not even TM was that bad.

So when Drakey says that there may be an election, but its results may not be honoured, does he mean that a new mod will be appointed only if a) an old mod steps down and b) nobody absurd gets elected? Or does he just mean that the result has no chance of being acted upon.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #93
Who are you? Are you actually important enough for your opinion to matter? And why was I apalling?

[ Saturday, June 18, 2005 08:34: Message edited by: Medicine Man ]
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #94
The same reasons you've always been appalling, dearie.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #95
MM: I

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #96
That's BtI, actually.

—Alorael, who will note that Kel, Aran, and Thuryl have an edge. No moderators currently have titles shared by anyone else (well, except for BoE posse), and those three meet the requirement. Dolphin, you'd better find a custom title quick!
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #97
I may be Frolicking in Postland before that happens :P

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #98
I've dropped off in posts mostly due to not having steady access to the internet.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #99
And Alo's ghost may be forever haunting Drakefyre. No, joking. :P

I don't know if I want to moderate, if anyone implied that. On a forum with 3 topics, I do quite fine, but, here, I'm fine with just asking for topics to be locked.

We need a thread now where candidates can identify themselves - and people can register, if we need that to happen.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages