Family Guy!!!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Family Guy!!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #0
Does anyone else love this show? I think that it's freaking hilarious. Fox should replace the Simpsons with Family Guy. American Dad is pretty funny too.

Last week's show was so incredibly offensive but equally hilarious, especially the AIDS song.

You have AIDS.
Yes you have AIDS.
I hate to tell you boy you have AIDS.
You got the AIDS.
You may have caught it when you stuck that filthy needle in here,
Or maybe all that unprotected sex which you had.
It isn't clear but what we're certain of is that you have AIDS.
Yes you have AIDS.
Not HIV but full blown AIDS.
Be sure that you see that this is not HIV,
But full blown AIDS.
Not HIV,
But full blown AIDS.
I’m sorry I wish it was something less serious,
But it's AIDS.
You've got the AIDS.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 18:37: Message edited by: vicheron ]
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #1
I find the show occasionally humorous, but its reliance on pop-culture references and random absurdity gets rather grating after a while. It's a decent show, but I feel that it's vastly overrated.

Perhaps it's just me, though. After all, I'm not much for comedy in general, vastly preferring movies and TV shows in the genres of action or horror. What little comedy I enjoy is usually just whimsical, light-hearted stuff, and slapstick such as "The Three Stooges," possible my favorite show in the entire comedy genre.

I tend to find the situational comedy replete in everyday life to be far more laughter-inducing than most anything committed to screen.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Apprentice
Member # 5368
Profile #2
I would slaughter American Dad both and hang its bloated corpse from a meathook... if only it would help bring back Futurama.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #3
Straight up man. **** Family Guy, Futurama is so much better.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
I suppose US television is a thing to itself. As for me, I have never possessed a TV in my life. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperment, and his superior intellect." --- ben
Apprentice
Member # 5368
Profile #5
Here in America, the TV possesses you.

Welcome to ~Zombievision~.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #6
Family guy is brilliant, although South Park is better. Comedy wise there used to be some show on a few years ago that was set back when europeans started settling New Zealand and it basically consisted of Maoris taking the piss out of themselves and taking the piss out of europeans. It was really good but I don't think it would go down all to well at the moment because the Maoris seem to be alot more uptight lately. Anyway back on topic, anything by Monty Python is also brilliant.

[ Tuesday, June 14, 2005 23:21: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Warrior
Member # 1460
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Stugri-La:

I find the show occasionally humorous, but its reliance on pop-culture references and random absurdity gets rather grating after a while. It's a decent show, but I feel that it's vastly overrated.

The Simpons seem to be suffering from this "lack of new material" syndrome the most and the symptoms seem to be a heavey reliance on references to pop culture. Seems like most comedy shows are going that way, SNL used to be decent, but now look at it . . . not pretty no more. There seems to be a lack of original comedy (i.e. BOC "cowbell skit," or just the dialog from Monty Burns . . . .)

And anyone else notice a huge conservative agenda hidden within American Dad? Seriously, its anitchristain too . . . just wierd. And the fact the animation looks the same as family guy. I dont think the show will last till next season

--------------------
If you don't drink milk from your mother, why drink it from a cow?
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #8
Of course it will. Even if it gets axed, the fanboys will all go out and buy the DVD until it's put back on the TV.

I've not seen much Family Guy, but the little I have seen bored me rigid.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Infiltrator
Member # 1220
Profile Homepage #9
I am a huge fan of Family Guy. I have seen the original episodes about 20 times. Yes the old ones do get boring. I missed the one on sunday sadly. Personally I find Futurama boring. I think it relies on the "Fry being an idiot" angle to much. Some of you think the exact opposite. I rather like the refrences to pop culture in Family Guy. I also enjoy the role reversal on Stewie and Peter.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #10
Seinfeld = greatest sitcom evar.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Seinfeld = greatest sitcom evar.
I CONCUR. : :D

My favorite TV Show would have to be King of the Hill. I'm also quite the Blue Collar Tv fan. And who could forget....SOUTH PARK.

--------------------
I am the apidimy of seven sausages.
The Abyss DEAD.
TEH EVOL STRAWBERY When fruit fights back.
End of World We're definitely going to blow ourselves up.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
Family Guy is a hit-and-miss show. It was cancelled because, despite being good, it had way too many episodes where nothing really happened except for trendy jerking for thirty minutes (twenty with commercials).

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #13
Even when the rest of an episode sucks, Stewie can usually make me laugh. He reminds me of me when I was his age. :P
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #14
Home Improvement is my favorite. Mostly because we actually get it. I like Al. :D ;) :P :cool:

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #15
I used to think that comedies are boring but then I matured and learn to laugh at anything. *Laugh*

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #16
That 70's Show... mostly the older episodes.

Family Guy is awesome, without a doubt. Of course, there are always slow episodes, but that happens with every show.

American Dad won't last. It's a carbon-copy of Family Guy with (as previously mentioned) disturbingly-strong conservative undertones.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #17
Stewie is brilliant. He cracks me up constantly. I have yet to see an epesode that didn't at least make me laugh. Simpsons are heavily overplayed (eg its like 6th/7th time around) so they get boring as you already know the epesodes and the newest ones arnt even that great.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #18
I agree that American Dad won't last. Even as a strong Conservative, I just didn't think it was even funny and I was kind of offended by their attitudes. But The Simpsons is heaven.

At my house, there was a rule that no punishment can be inflicted that would directly prevent one from watching "Sump."

I hope FG lasts a while, but I have a terrible feeling in my gut that it won't. Just bring back Futurama in place of the crappy new episodes of "That 70's Show" and I'll be happy.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
"Seinfeld = greatest sitcom evar." - demonslaeyr
My favorite sitcom. Funnier than Family Guy could ever hope to be. I mean, you can't beat a show about nothing!

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
In my opinion, Seinfeld, whilst perhaps not a bad show in itself, started something of an unfortunate trend; to wit, situational humour without any situations, leading to such train wrecks as, well, every so-called situation comedy made since. Every show is a show about nothing, and I'm sick of it. Can anyone name a modern "sitcom" that holds up in comparison to such classics as M*A*S*H or I Dream of Jeannie?

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #21
You're quite right. The modern comedies just don't seem to do too much for me. I'd say "Get Smart" is my favorite comedy program ever, and shows like "Bewitched" and "The Jeffersons" aren't far behind.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #22
*Prefers Seinfeld, Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor in Home Improvement and King of the Hill*

EDIT: The Nanny has its moments.

[ Monday, July 11, 2005 21:22: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Apprentice
Member # 4266
Profile #23
ya know.....in time...yur alll expleted in the hiz-house dawg nuqqa...

--------------------
mwahahahahahahahahaha im back
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #24
Some of Family Guy seems forced, but on the whole, I find the show hilarious. Futurama, the Simpsons, not so much. Stewie and Brian are unbeatable.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages