Woah Crazy!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Woah Crazy!!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #77
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

A girl who is not as fixated on her appearance and generally kinder person may not be so fast to reject admirers.
Perhaps not, but when it comes down to brass tacks, women have their own standards, and a fellow's appearance does play a role in this.

quote:
It becomes “just friends” because women usually going to be more attached to having a good companion than to having a brief lover. I've found that within a certain amount of time things start to go one way or the other as far as friend of boyfriend.
Exactly, though with the caveat that men aren't necessarily in the budding friendship to find a brief lover. Many men, and I would say especially men raised on a steady diet of fantasy, are looking for "the one."

[ Thursday, May 19, 2005 09:46: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #78
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin:

Being that the odds of Eagle getting some lovin here at Spiderweb are fairly low
Low, but certainly not zero.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #79
I don't think your case counts, Kel. Your gal was in the picture prior to her becoming attached to Spidweb, was she not?

:Pauses and smugly admires the little snippet of alliteration in the first sentence:

The chance of it happening has to be in that range where the curve infinitely approaches zero, if not zero itself. :)

[ Thursday, May 19, 2005 09:51: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by Andrew Miller:
Perhaps not, but when it comes down to brass tacks, women have their own standards, and a fellow's appearance does play a role in this.
Well, I can only speak for myself in this matter. I have gone out with guys that I was not incredibly attracted to, but they good people. An intelligent, well spoken, kind man is much sexier than an Adonis.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #81
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:
Low, but certainly not zero.
I left room for potential :)

--------------------
Nena
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #82
quote:

Your gal was in the picture prior to her becoming attached to Spidweb, was she not?
Wizcozski sort of was, yes.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #83
On the other hand, the women on these boards already enjoy playing cRPGs, so that's one enormous hurdle cleared for the men here. Maybe there's hope!

EDIT: 666 w00t!

[ Thursday, May 19, 2005 10:22: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #84
quote:

On the other hand, the women on these boards already enjoy playing cRPGs, so that's one enormous hurdle cleared for the men here.
If I may point out something that should go without saying but almost certainly doesn't, a single common interest is not, on its own, a good basis for a relationship.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #85
I'd call it a sounder basis than having no common interests whatsoever.

—Alorael, who doesn't mean interests so much as attitudes. You can make common ground in interests, but basic personality can be a very good indicator of whether or not you should ever step within thirty feet of another person.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #86
I've found that a lot of men have trouble with girls due to confidence. They would think 'Nah, shes too pretty for me, I'll just stay here and watch some one else do it.' A lot of people think along them lines, and if they are confident, they are more likely to get some lovin' than if they stay seated.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #87
I'm, sure he can easily get with someone he likes if he puts himself out there and has a look around. I mean jeez, I'm going out with a girl I love more than anything I have ever known before and I'm not exactly built with looks. She on the otherhand is beautiful. I mean, the chances of finding a person like this, and having them go out with me is incredibly slim so if it can happen to me it can happen to anyone.
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #88
Unless your love interest is into erotic asphyxiation, I'm sure you both have a common interest in breathing.

The closest I've gotten to a girl who likes CRPGs is one who plays Neverwinter Nights, skips past the story, and picks up every item in sight, organizing them into chests by type, size, and color.

*ahem*
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #89
I have tried looking out there, found nothing. Every time I try to speak with any girl at all they go tittering and the next day everyone is whispering about my so called "flirt" that was just merely a "Hello, I am Eagle, and you?" But that does not mean there is no one. Just no one where I look at. But at the gymnasium (Equal to colleage) I am attending to I found a girl that was kind and non-rejecting. I think I will "go for her" (No, I am not going to flirt, I am just merely going to try to befriend myself with her.). And oh, she is not a barbie in this case.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #90
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

"Hello, I am Eagle, and you?"
I do hope that in actuality, you replace your real name for this in such an encounter. :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #91
I was just thinking that. If he did say 'Hi, I'm Eagle', its no wonder why they leave.

EDIT: Who said theres anything wwrong with a bit of a flirt?

[ Friday, May 20, 2005 01:26: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #92
The thought of Spring flirting makes me laugh, and I can't stop.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #93
quote:
Originally written by Kingy:

"Dispair, Misery, Hatred
All of these emotions flood me now,
It seems no light can seep into the darkness that is my soul.

My friends try to tell me that I wasn't allways like this,
But the darkness consumes my mind, calling me.

Death greets me warm,
Far more welcome than anything this life has to offer."

I'd only get worried if you start actually thinking these things during the daytime. Then, my good friend, you are messed up.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #94
quote:
Originally written by Custer XVI:

The thought of Spring flirting makes me laugh, and I can't stop.
Ditto, but so does the thought of pretty much any member of this board flirting. Have you ever seen a geek flirt? I haven't, but it's bound to be funny.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #95
quote:
Originally written by 403:
MONIKER FORBIDDEN:
Ditto, but so does the thought of pretty much any member of this board flirting. Have you ever seen a geek flirt? I haven't, but it's bound to be funny.
Hey! We're not all geeks. Sure, we may have geekish tendancies. We may even have geekish friends. But to paint us all with the same brush... That's just wrong,

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #96
Alec, it might sound funny to you (and by the sounds of it, it does), but I don't really do it much. I have a girlfriend, so its a bit limited.

EDIT: Laugh as much as you want.

[ Friday, May 20, 2005 02:10: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #97
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

quote:
Originally written by 403:
MONIKER FORBIDDEN:
Hey! We're not all geeks. Sure, we may have geekish tendancies. We may even have geekish friends. But to paint us all with the same brush... That's just wrong.

I admit I'm generalizing. But geek is a relative term. To some, we are already geeks by playing computer games, to others even more so for playing RPGs, and to still others still more for playing RPGs with simple graphics developed by a three-person company with a single self-employed programmer.

On the same note: Geeks of the world, there's hope for you yet.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #98
I only use "Eagle" on the web. Never in a real encounter.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #99
Being a 21st century Asian geek sucks. IIRC, all the rich kids and the nigga wannabes nab everything female in sight, before I even get a chance to look around.

On the other hand, at least I get to be lazy.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #100
*snivels* I'm afraid that girls will laugh at me or somehow destroy me with their mysterious internal reproductive organs!

I'm going to duplicate the snobbishness that works against me by considering solely the popular and glamorous, and then whine about how girls don't like "geeks"!

I'm going to keep every interaction with females in a strictly proto-sexual context, thus stunting my normal social status and gaining a reputation as nervous and creepy!

In fact, I think I might just read some more fantasy novels, inculcating myself with even more piffle about 'the one' and making my persona even more intense and disturbing to those few females who give me the time of day.

Once I finally do find a girl with low enough self-esteem to "go out" with me, I won't even shut up about it for the short period where we kind of pretend to be involved! Any minor sexual interaction we have will be slipped into conversations with my Internet friends!

HUAUGUAUGUAUGUUAUGUAUGUAUU
GUAUGUAUGLAGUALGULAGUALHLA
GUAUGLBULAULBUALUBLAUBLALG

GEEK GRRLS RULE

[ Friday, May 20, 2005 07:02: Message edited by: E.U. ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #101
Eagle, maybe you just need some better pickup lines.

--------------------
Nena

Pages