Woah Crazy!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Woah Crazy!!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #127
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I really do hope everyone realises the lard thing was a joke. I don't go around picking up women in supermarkets in the first place.
Well, yeah, these days a lot of those places do offer noticeably thinner packets of 'Grease 'n' Lo' along with the packs of lard. But the folks that are just grabbing eight or ten of those at a time, are they really doing themselves such a favor? What's in those little pink packets, anyway, that have so almost-but-not-quite the same squishiness as actual packs of lard? Is the stuff carcinogenic? I say, if you want the taste of lard, then use the real packs of lard, but stop at one or two.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #128
You know, if you wanted to be topical, you could have mentioned olestra. Afraid of lawyers?

[ Monday, May 23, 2005 17:12: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #129
I'm sorry, I'm just getting carried away with the ghastly vision of restaurants where every table has a little bowl of packs of lard that are outwardly similar to packets of sugar. Kind of what northerners have always suspected about southern cuisine.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #130
Packets of Lard? I hope not.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #131
Coffee creamer isn't too far from what you're describing, really.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #132
About that pick-up line before. In Sweden it would seem very, very weird of I started talking english... which is why people think I am weird, *cough*, *cough*. Back to the subject! Anyway, just translating it directly and then say it in swedish, would lose it's point because "sugar" is not something we call our lovers, we say "cutenose" (litterary). But cute and sweet share the same name in swedish so if I simulated that I dropped a big package of sugar over some girl and then said "Oh my, you look sweet!" (Sweet could be taken for cute in swedish.) Hmm... Maybe... not.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #133
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

I'm sorry, I'm just getting carried away with the ghastly vision of restaurants where every table has a little bowl of packs of lard that are outwardly similar to packets of sugar. Kind of what northerners have always suspected about southern cuisine.
There's a substantive difference between lard and butter. Southern cuisine rules!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #134
Pick-up lines are just weird anyway. With most of them, whatever girl you used them on could tell that it was severely prefabricated.

Unless she's a blonde. :P No, just joking.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #135
I don't see how pick up lines could work for anything but a one-night stand. Most lines are not very clever, and those that are would sound too obvious.

If you want a nice girl for a real relationship be yourself, and be honest. Find something you have in common, and start a conversation.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #136
Exactly, though if you're interesting enough a line might spark something. But keeping that going would be different.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #137
Being a girl i can honestly say that pick up lines don't work. Most girls know almost all the pick up lines. besides dolphin is right. the most it could get u is a night stand, which i doubt unless is a great pick up line

ps. i wish i had lucid dreams

[ Thursday, May 26, 2005 10:52: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #138
I have had a dream or two where I was naked in front a bunch of people, but I wasn't embarrassed and didn't really care.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00

Pages