Question for all

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Question for all
Apprentice
Member # 4334
Profile Homepage #0
When did you guys find about spiderweb software? because when I was six my bros. and I found out about it (1996) and ofcourse I was crappy at the game (Exile 3) and I couldn't even beat the slime infestation! :o But know I can play that game and Avernum 3 fairly good ;) . So thats what I'm asking thats all. (Oh by the way if this question has been asked before sorry... :( )

--------------------
Its like a jigsaw puzzle with all the wrong peices...
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #1
i found my first spidwed game sometiem after the release of Avernum, on a disxc from PC magaziene when i subscribed. I plaed Nethergate, but Avernum was on there too.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #2
Exile 2, when it was new; 1994, 1995? Sometime like that.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Shortly after the release of A1, searching the Internet for "shareware" or "mac shareware" or something like that. It must've been around '99 or 2000.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
I found out in 1997 when I got the "Galaxy of Games 2" disk of games from a friend. I had such a ... computer that I couldn't really run anything except Exile 3. Now, if Exile 3 wasn't out yet in 1997, then it must have been later.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #5
I first heard about Spiderweb Software when I got the Avernum 2 demo on a MacAddict disk, which came in April 2001.

--------------------
Chance Forums

I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count = 406 + whatever it says below.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #6
I got the same with Keep. I got Galaxy of Games 1 and 2 and Games Arcade and I got the Exie Trilogy from there. It was about 1997 or so.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #7
A friend of mine, some years older and doubtless only associating with me due to the intense ennui that consumes youth in such environs, introduced me to Exile 1. Or perhaps I introduced him; he knew how to use it a lot better than I, being as how I must have been maybe six or seven at the time, and he was four or so years older. A year or so later, I figured out how to play various RPGs and had a good deal of fun with the entire Exile series (as well as Mordor and its sequel, now an unrecognizably Interplayized product). I got into the community when BoE for Windows was new, and have been a fixture since.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #8
Three years ago and coincidentally, over a free- and shareware-site on ZDNet. A3 just came out, but I registered A2 first. Now I stick to SW, damn.
Well, it might be normal to stick on spider webs. At least, if you are a butterfly ^..^

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #9
Somewhere around mid 2002, I didn't register my first game (Geneforge 20 until November 2003 or so though.

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #10
Exile 2 from a galaxy of games CD before the Sims came out. I still have those wierd cartoon graphics on my hard drive.

EDIT: Cartoon gfx for exile, that is.

[ Sunday, May 16, 2004 16:57: Message edited by: RC ]

--------------------
Austrian Alex - Reality Corp.
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #11
I first found out about Spidweb while looking on Download.com for shareware adventure-type games. That was around two and a half years ago. I first tried Avernum 3, followed by the two other Avernum games and Geneforge. I then went into a brief hiatus from Spidweb games, which was broken by the emergence of GF2. After playing through both Geneforge games, I decided to register A3 and Nethergate also, and enjoyed both thoroughly. As soon as BoA for Mac came out, I snatched it up as well.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Warrior
Member # 4081
Profile #12
About a year ago I discovered Realone Arcade and one of the games was Geneforge. I hated it after the first hour, but I just had to keep playing to find out what happened next in the story. Now G1 and G2 are some of my favorite games.
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #13
I started playing at the time Exile 2 just came out. No clue when that was. I found the game on one of those 6.23 x 10^23 game CDs.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Archie Douglas Clark:

But know I can play that game and Avernum 3 fairly good ;) .
Play "good"?

*collapses*

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #15
Eh, Galaxy of Games, Exile 2 (sometimes 1, I couldn't tell the diff at the time). I never played RPG's before, and I didn't know the first thing about magic or anything else. Somehow, I survived the attack at Gantrick and made away with one mage, which I didn't know how to use. I think I went to the farm that had the problem w/the 2 salamanders.

Then I really got interested in E1, and the rest of the series. E1 and 2 came on the same GoG disk, and I was eager to download 3 when I found it. I was amazed, as well as w/BoE.

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #16
Mid-90's; Exile. Original graphics, on a school computer.

--------------------
I've got a pyg in a poke.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #17
I beleive it was shortly after the release of A1. I found E3 (which is now my all-time favorite game) on a CD of games for windows. It was also my first experience with an RPG and I loved E3 so much I replayed it (as several custom parties, as a party of all sliths, all nephils, an Anama party, a mage party, a super-party, and various singletons) until I can visualize the layout of nearly all of the outdoors of valorim and many of the towns and know exactly how to complete almost every quest and side-quest. It kind of bordered on obsession for a while.

[ Sunday, May 16, 2004 18:21: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
Exile I 1.0, on a CD bundled with a Mac magazine. At first I was a poor enough player to just be frustrated by the game. I didn't really get into the Exile series (and register) until after Exile II.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #19
On a Macworld CD in 1994, Exile I v1.0.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
Exile 3 v1.0, on a BoG (Best of Games and not Geneforge) CD I got free with a magazine. It also had Nethergate, and I played the demos to hell and back! That was back in 2001.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
I heard about Exile from an acquaintance who proceeded to tell me to ask Dexter about 'tools' before I even knew what the game was about. Shortly afterwards and entirely unrelatedly, I came across E1 on one of those CDs packed with too many games. And then I was hooked on the first and second strongest addiction of my life.

—Alorael, whose most powerful addiction is, of course, skribbane. There's nothing like it, not even Spiderweb games!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #22
March of this year, when I searched for Mac shareware games on download.com.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #23
I learned about it I think in 96 or 97 perhaps when I played Exile 2 on one of those galaxy of games disks. I don't remember the exact year though. I learned of this website a few years ago.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #24
My sisters found Avernum on a MacAddict CD. I forget when, but probably before A2 came out.

[ Saturday, July 31, 2004 14:32: Message edited by: Nicothodes ]

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".

Pages