Where did that come from?!?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Where did that come from?!?
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
Crazy Finns and their weed ...

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #26
For some reason, I keep reading Thuryl as Thurly.

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
Quiet, everyone! I said nothing wrong, and I have the edited post to prove it!

—Alorael, who is absolutely never to be called Aloreal. Ever. Call him Aloolalal if you must, but keep those vowels straight! It's an ash going through a trial separation!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #28
I allways think Thrully...

Annyway, my name comes from Halo: Combat Evolved, the guy you play there has the rank of master chief, his codename is really Spartan 117 (And as I said before, I want that as my title), and his real name is... (Drumroll) John! Some clishe... Anyway, everybody in the books/games call him just "Master Chief"

My old name was Sauron T Deciever (Thus "aka STD"), I bet you can figure that out.

Here i provide the various nicknames i have used (Note, not only on the forums):
Bloody Oscar (Got the idea from a dead bird one of my classmates found, he decided to call the dead bird Bloody Oscar)
Bl00d One (A cooler version of the first one)
Sauron T Deciever (You know)
Daedalus (Deus Ex)
Helios (Ditto)
Icarus (Deus Ex, again)
Deus (Yup, Deus Ex, and "3001: The last Odysey")
Otacon (Metal Gear Solid 1/2)
Master Chief (Look up, look up)
Wich one is coolest? :D

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #29
Too late, Alo. :P I quoted your post to make sure :D . Of course you could always edit my post as well... *evil grin*

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #30
Ironically, there is now a mistake in Alorael's edited sig... oh well...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #31
He "suffers needs"? Oh dear, I really need to go to sleep now; my joke quality cortex has already shut down for today, as you may have noticed. :rolleyes:

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #32
My current name apparently means “Meat Hacker” in German. I got it off the box for a hamburger grinder. I don’t know why I used it for a screen name, though.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #33
Y'know, I kept wondering about that nonsense name, and why you chose it. It never occurred to me that you didn't know what it meant. :P "Why does the guy call himself 'meat hacker'?" :D

--------------------
---
---
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #34
'Fleischhacker' shouldn't be too counterintuitive to an anglophone, you know. I mean, 'fleisch' obviously means 'meat', and 'hacker' obviously means, well, 'hacker'. :P

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #35
It's Alooloolal, Alorael. Not Aloolalal. You really are muddled lately.

Here are the non-"Sir ____ of ____" names I've had, that I can recall.

La Royaliste - Alec called me a Royalist once upon a time, so I changed my name.
On a Given Sunday - Sunday has always been the most interesting day of my life. Over the past month, every Sunday has been somewhat monumental. So I changed my name to that for a while.
Prospero - I was Prospero in the school play once upon a time. I had honestly intended on leaving spiderweb for a while, but then Logo convinved me to create that new account and lurk for a time. So yeah, it's all Logo's fault!

I think that's it.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #36
After changing my name to Sir DAOvid for a while, I tried to change it back to Sir David, but couldn't. Before NaCN finally came up with "iDavid", I went through a period during which every day brought a new name, most of which were parodies of other Spiderweb names, or game names... The only ones I can remember The *RAEL* Alo and Age of David... does anyone remember any others?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #37
My signature will stand, I suppose. There's only so much fixing I can do before it becomes equally humiliating.

—Alorael, who was also named Skribbane Addict for a good, oh, three or four hours. Apparently Spiderweb was not ready to handle a name change.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #38
I think my name just sounds nice on the ears. It just popped into my mind when I was trying to think of a screen name. I wanted something medieval, but not directly pertaining to the Spiderweb games.

I was thinking about "Keeper," but it would've probably already been taken and it sounded too common.

Oh yeah, and I've had my world crushed today because I found out that I have been spelling the word "definitely" "definately" for the last decade. It burns so very much. Just search for that spelling and you'll find it in so many of my posts. It's humiliating.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #39
I got Zephyr from an episode of Pokemon(Sad, isn't it?). "The Zephyr Badge." I thought Cool, so it became part of my name. The Tempest part comes from one of my favorite songs, The Tempest. The song, not the play(Which, IIRC was by Shakespeare. I know some quotes from it, but I've never seen it.). A zephyr is the west wind, a tempest is a voilent windstorm. So, my name means a windstorm coming from the west.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #40
Ahh! Thanks to whoever closed the "newbie" post. A (maybe much needed) serious flaming was averted and it is much appreciated! (Though I could have closed it too, right?) Haha!

--------------------
No monkeyin' around at Chance :p

And that, my Leige, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. -Sir Bedevere

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #41
No.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #42
No, only Alorael, Saunders, Dingy, Drakey, Spidweb, or I could have closed that thread.

Also, IMAGE(http://www.valandria.net/pics/srw/screens/faces/original/shuu.gif) should explain my name.

[ Sunday, December 21, 2003 16:35: Message edited by: Shuu Shirakawa ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #43
Imby's half right. Many people can close topics de facto.

^_^

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #44
Uhh.. Were you hinting something like "TM still has some of the mod powers."

?

--------------------
- The Great Mister
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #45
I believe not.
Saunders is a Winnie the Pooh misquotation. Interestingly Neil Gaiman makes the same error.

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #46
I like orangutans (influenced by Pratchett books), o's with crosses over them, and squiggles.
My current screen name (one two zero seven-oslash) is my member number followed by the initial letter of ørangutan (which must have ø, not a lowly o!

(and while it's on my mind, if you look at my sig it has Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch written out (it's the Welsh train station with 50-odd letters in it). Neither that nor this was spelt with copy and paste (I'm amazing, aren't I!)

[ Monday, December 22, 2003 07:20: Message edited by: One Two Zero Seven-Oslash ]

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #47
Locking topics is easy, although saying so is a bit misleading. First you post some yaoi with Shinji and Kaworu, then TM goes YAY, Alec goes AAAHH, DB starts purring and then Imban will also go AAAHH and lock the topic. Saunders will also lock the topic, but she makes comments about cuteness. Drakefyre shares his links to melon.cx before locking the topic. Dingy is a party pooper and just locks the topic... :P
Alorael will surely make a witty comment before locking the topic.

In case Alec, TM or DB isn't available, do not worry. Khoth and TGM both might join the fun by posting pictures. Then there is also Thuryl, so no worries. You have plenty of people there ensuring the loxxor of the topic in question.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #48
The people have a voice in locking topics. Let's hear it for popular moderation! For future reference, the yaoi really isn't necessary, though. A simple gigantic picture of a mango will get the message across quite nicely.

—Alorael, whose 'witticisms' really aren't witty. They are snide, though, and a lot of fun for the two or three seconds it takes to write them.
Warrior
Member # 3188
Profile Homepage #49
Ahhh. The fabled newbie-eating wolf. Member #66. How do newbies taste? Is their meet sweeter than that of an experienced poster? Have you ever had wolf meat? According to Thuryl it is "rather stringy and largely inedible". :P Its a good thing I'm not an invisible newbie, or I may be the next victim for asking so many frivolus questions!
BTW, can you really unhinge your jaw? ;)

--------------------
No monkeyin' around at Chance :p

And that, my Leige, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. -Sir Bedevere

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!

Pages