Im back too!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Im back too!
Shock Trooper
Member # 764
Profile Homepage #0
Hey, the lost kingof avernum is back at last after figuring out my password again. SOme may remember me, like when I had that huge picture of the old king haw haw haw!

Anywayz, its good too be back for geneforge 2 and I look forward greately too BOA !! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
"I come back to you now, of the turn of the tide"--Gandalf Greyhame in the two towers.
----------------------------
"i am Aragorn son of Arathorn son of Isildur, son of elendile. Ellasar, elfstone Heir to Gondor".-- Aragorn in the Lord of the rings
------------------------------------
"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. What you must decide is what to do with the time that is given"-- Gandalf greyhame The fellowship.
-------------------------------------
"Fools speak becuase they have to say something, and the wise speak becuase they have something to say"-Me!
------------------------------------------
"Ash nag gimbatu, ash nac francartulouk, ash nac aratook"- The ringwaraiths
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
Welcome back, Lost King! I look forward to not having to scroll past your avatar!

—Alorael, who just can't bring himself to write names with underscores. Some things should not be done.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #2
I don't know what that is at the bottom of your sig, but I'm pretty sure the ring-inscription is
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

isn't it?

--------------------
~ørangutan

I want high-bit characters in my displayed name!!! :( :( :( (Or at least an exclamtion point!)

Eat pie!
BADGER!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #3
Alo, in recompense for not scrolling past his avatar, now you have to scroll past his sig.

Yeah, the last part definitely needs to be changed. ørang had it right down to the û's. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/biggrin.gif)

It might be another quote, but 'nag' is not a word, and 'gimbatu' not a correct verb form. Yes, I know some things... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 13:20: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #4
If my wraith memory doesnt fail me I think ostrichs correction of the ring inscription is just right. You have the aproval of one of the ringwraiths.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 18
Profile Homepage #5
One sec... (*takes off ring and has a better look*).

Well, my ancient Mordorian is a little rusty, but I'd say that's just about correct - where'd you get it from? The Silmarillion? If so, which chapter? I just looked and it's not in OF THE RINGS OF POWER AND THE THIRD AGE. Maybe it's in the Appendixes of The Lord Of The Rings, or in the part of Quenta that covers when Gorthaur made it.

Oh, and one more thing. Not wanting to defend "lost_king" but his sig says it was a Nazgûl that said "Ash nag gimbatu, ash nac francartulouk, ash nac aratook", not what's inscribed on the One Ring - maybe it was just on fire or it's horse was lame, and really pissed off? I mean, ok if "lost_king" had said "Hey, look at this, this is what's on the One Ring in phonetic Common Tongue translation..."

But hey, who's counting - aside from me.

EDIT: More annoyance at your incredulous sig

Unless you're actually that guy that calls himself Someone With Not So Perfect Grammar, then could you please change the spelling mistakes in your sig; at least?

Elendil is spelt without the last e and Elessar like that.

[ Sunday, August 31, 2003 22:28: Message edited by: Majordomo ]
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #6
Pain to eyes.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #7
I have no clue who lost king is. Anyway I believe that quote was in LOTR Book one. Remeber when the Gray Wizard threw the Ring in the Fire place and the ancient description lit up. It was way at the beginning so one may not remember it. It's interesting that instead of making six movies they put two movies in one. But there are three sections of the novel, each section contains two books. So that come out to six books in all. But I look at it as six seperate books that make up one continuous Novel.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #8
And a great big griffer splah to you!

GRIFFER
SPLAH !

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Od, Lawd of the Unverse:

GRIFFER
SPLAH !

I don't get it.

--------------------
"I am young, I am twenty years old:yet I know nothing of life but despair, death, fear, and fatuous superficiality cast over an abyss of sorrow." All QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
Neither does anyone except him. That's what he thinks makes him clever.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #11
You're slightly wrong-a few people other than him get it. However, you're also slightly right-the reason he says it is that he knows JF doesn't get it.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #12
Then would you please elaborate on it for the 6,999,999,990 of us who are out of the loop?

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
Including the ones on Mars, or what? There aren't 7 billion people on Earth... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)

And one more thing. Nobody seems to have noticed the following.

"of the turn of the tide"

Everyone says it, yet it makes no sense! It should be "at the turn of the tide". Get it? The tide is turning, because he comes back again to beat Sauron up? Get it? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)

Everyone quotes it like that for some reason... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/confused.gif)

----------

And I have uncovered lost kings identity! He is really Plato, you know. At least he quotes Plato in his sig, and puts "Me" after it... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Apprentice
Member # 2099
Profile Homepage #14
quote:

GRIFFER
SPLAH !

I don't really understand it, but I think I agree with it, if I'm guessing right IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Including the ones on Mars, or what? There aren't 7 billion people on Earth... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)
Yes, there are. As of last year, I believe, Earth's population had just reached 8 billion. I could be wrong, though...I never pay attention in science class...

Lost King, I really must protest one of your sig quotes vehemently. Arathorn was NOT the son of Isildur, and I don't think Isildur was the son of Elendil (I may be wrong about that last part, though. Wasn't Elendil the star Galadriel gives to Frodo?) Arathorn was a descendant of Isildur, bur he would have been a great-great-great-great-great-great-great-insert however many more greats are needed grandson. Isildur lived during the Second Age, and Aragorn (and, we're assuming, his father) lived during the Third Age. Ages are very long periods of time, and while the Dunedain live longer than most men, they certainly aren't immortal like elves.

I really suggest you don't post Aragorn's entire lineage in your sig, because it's mentioned in the appendix but it's extremely long, and your sig is far too long (and grammatically incorrect!) already. But if you must mention Aragorn's heritage, please get it right.

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 12:04: Message edited by: Commodore Mango ]

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #16
6,316,299,271 World Population Keep reloading the page and watch the numbers rise.

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 12:07: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Commodore:

I don't think Isildur was the son of Elendil (I may be wrong about that last part, though. Wasn't Elendil the star Galadriel gives to Frodo?)
Isildur and Anarion were both sons of Elendil. Galadriel gave Frodo the light of Eärendil's star.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #18
Elves are not mortal. The only reason why Frodos uncle, I forgot his name and Gullom live so long is because the ring they once possesed slowed down there ageing. If you remember in The first installment of TLOTR trilegy when Frodo meets his uncle for the first time after he left the Shire he had aged signifficantly. The reason Gullom is still like a child is because he is still cursed from the ring. Frodos uncle got cursed too, it was hard for him to part with the ring. But he wasn't a slave to it because he was mentally stronger than gullom. It's strange that Frodo only puts on the ring in emergencies and he is still getting disolved by the ring.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #19
You can find the rings inscription in The Fellowship of the Ring, book two, chapter 1, "The Council of Elrond".

--------------------
-WildKarrdeSmuggler

-----------------------------------
Visit the Smuggler's Alliance
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #20
What are you on about, JF? You seem to be implying that I said that Bilbo, Frodo and Gollum were elves. I said that the Dunedain, unlike the elves, were mortal, though they lived longer than most of the race of Men. I said nothing about hobbits, and very little about elves.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #21
I'm sorry I allways get Hobbits confussed with Elvs.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #22
What are Elvs, and how do you confuss them? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/smile.gif)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
Oh, c'mon, don't tease him about his spelling... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Im back too!_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
---
---
Warrior
Member # 3404
Profile Homepage #24
Arogance like this is why I am trying to get banned.

--------------------

Pages