Please read and think about this... I implore you

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Please read and think about this... I implore you
Apprentice
Member # 3345
Profile #0
The URL below is for a page where you can read a petition started a few days ago, and if you agree with it, sign it. I implore you all to look at it and please sign it... I would like very much for this to happen. The basic gist of it is that UbiSoft is making a Myst4, but is not going to make it Mac compatible. The petition is an attempt to change that, and is gathering a fair amount of signatures. Please at least read it. And please please please sign it.

http://www.petitiononline.com/macosuru/petition.html

--------------------
esh kider nig hong did partil evedil nakh?
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #1
I'm game for this. I've never played Myst, but I really think my mac brothers and sisters shouldn't be denied the right to play it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #2
I've have Myst 1 and Myst 2, but I never understood Myst 2. I didn't know they even had a Myst 3, let alone that a Myst 4 was coming out. I need to find a place that wil tell me how to play it.

Bye.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #3
One wonders why MAC owners dont just use the Windows emulator...

--------------------
"What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" - Bridgekeeper, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

JOIN IN THE SHOUT AND SHOW YOUR ALIGNMENT BY ADDING THIS TO YOUR SIG. WE WANT MISC! WE WANT MISC-- Realises the dream will never be...
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #4
Windows emulators take up vast amounts of system resources, especially on older Macs. Running Starcraft for windows was a challenge on a Mac Cube.

Despite the fact that I'm a PC user, I'm all for dual-platform publications. It makes the market less biased toward PCs. Although the shift is very slight, it does help competition a little bit.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #5
Myst 2 was called Riven. Myst 3 was called Exile. Thus when ever anyone ever asks someone "So do you play Exile?" they would never in their wildest dreams think you were reffering to SpiderWeb Software's Exile. I've asked possibly hundreds of RPGers I've met over the years if they've ever even heard of Exile..."Yeah...Sure...Myst 3."

Get with the mainstream scene guys, or ya look like fools.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Sir Motrax of College Applications:

Windows emulators take up vast amounts of system resources
Just like Windows IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you_files/biggrin.gif)

Seriously, watch in stores for Myst 4: Avernum and Myst 5: Geneforge, coming soon to a computer near you.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #7
Boo! Down with macs! I don't know how you people can even function with only one mouse button.

[ Wednesday, August 13, 2003 18:36: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
My Mac mouse has two mouse buttons.

Fool. -_-;

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #9
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

Boo! Down with macs! I don't know how you people can even function with only one mouse button.
Take this straight from the mouth of someone who spent the first 12 years of his life on Windows before getting a mac as a home computer. Macs are better. I feel repulsed every time I have to use one of those awful windows machines. I feel a deep empathy for people blinded by Gates (and AOL for that matter). AA, you are blinded by your ignorance. It's not your fault. It is your fault, however, when you revel in your ignorance and post messages like that. Really. Don't knock it til you try it.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #10
AOL = microsoft = windows = suck!!!!!!! omg let's all throw away our PCs

To put it bluntly: I've always used a PC. Some people have always used Macs. There is no point in changing machines, because neither offers a significant/real advantage over the other. Quite frankly, if I had $1500+ to blow, I'd probably think of better uses for it than buying a computer I had no utilites or games for and no background in using. The same, I imagine, goes for most Mac users. Why do you fanatics see blood whenever someone says something negative about your machine of choice, anyway?

Of course, in AS's eyes, I am some kind of hideous heretic who is one of Gates's minions for not throwing away thousands of dollars of hard-earned money in changing from potáto to potäto. Don't listen to me.

[ Wednesday, August 13, 2003 19:52: Message edited by: **** General Custer ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #11
Let me first say that I completely agree, Custer. After using both, I happen to prefer Macs. Windows machines have a lot of bugs, they crash, the OS is frustrating. All of these factors are what make me want to use macs. That's not even mentioning the antitrust suites against microsoft. That is why I say people have been blinded by Gates. Because people usually use microsoft stuff first, they end up thinking it's all there is. So, in the end, I guess it's personal preference. But I think most people would prefer macs if it wasn't for the massive market for all things microsoft.

EDIT: Custer, you give me too much credit. I'm not THAT fanatical. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you_files/wink.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 13, 2003 20:00: Message edited by: Aarrow Swift ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3345
Profile #12
quote:
Originally written by Lord Bob:

quote:
Originally written by Sir Motrax of College Applications:

Windows emulators take up vast amounts of system resources
Just like Windows IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you_files/biggrin.gif)

Seriously, watch in stores for Myst 4: Avernum and Myst 5: Geneforge, coming soon to a computer near you.

Actually, the Exile thing was a fluke. Myst 4 already has its name: Uru. Uru?Avernum. And I would be incredibly suprised if there ever even was a 5'th Myst.

AA: My mac mouse has 2 buttons. I feel sick almost every time I have to use a windows. They have the most illogical construct design ever. And their mice aren't even that great. Windows have their purposes, of course...everything has a light and dark side....

uuuh....
Where was I going with this?
I guess my point, AA, is don't be so blatantly anti-mac because you think they have 1 button mice. At least get a real reason.

--------------------
esh kider nig hong did partil evedil nakh?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
Why is this being debated? The best way to go is to use free, open-source Linux OSes. I'd have one of them on my machine if I was well-versed enough to use it.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3339
Profile #14
I don't have, but my friend has a 5 button 2 wheel mouse for his Mac. And you would be surprised at how much he actually uses all of it. Espically when playing Diablo II.

I use both Mac and Windows frequently, and I find that the Mac is easier to change and modify to what you want it to be. Windows always seems to have restrictions. You can't do that and you can't do this. Damn it! If I want to throw away my operating system, I damn well am going to and no windows computer will stop me! Muwahahahahahaha! (Why I would throw away my OS is still a mystery)

--------------------
Finally returning after being away for a very long time.

“Define Reality”

Anybody else checking for the BoA release multiple times a day?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
Two wheels? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you_files/confused.gif) How do you use those?

Oh, and I would save up for Myst III, except my cousin's already got it, and when he completes it, he's gonna send it to me (there's not much point in keeping a game like this once you solved it). I already got Myst and Riven from him, but I didn't solve them without cheating (looking in the walkthrough that is).

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
Myst III is really pretty amazing. And you get a real sense of satisfaction when you finally solve the problems.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #17
I couldn't even begin to figure out Myst 1 until I got the complete walkthrough to start me off.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #18
Actually, I'm anti-mac mostly because so many people here are anti-windows and it gets very annoying. Also because Jeff uses a mac which means I have to wait for GF2. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you_files/frown.gif)

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #19
I'm neutral. Anyway, I have heard of Myst, though I have never played it. I've heard it's pretty good too. Well, I'm a PC user, but still signed the petition, it'd be sad if Mac users didn't get to play Myst 4. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #20
PCs do tend to have errors much more frequently, but MACs crash like a 1994 Volvo station wagon fired out of a submarine at a barge carrying lead bricks.

I wouldn't have a preference, except that I'm used to using windows. I'm sure if I started with a MAC, I'd be using that to this day.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #21
My mac doesn't crash very often at all. I use it probably and average of 14 hours a week and it crashes once every month or so. I use Windows at school maybe 25 hours a week and it crashes about once a day, sometimes twice.

--------------------
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #22
Eh, Macintosh computers (Mac, not MAC; it's an abbreviation, not an acronym) haven't crashed obsessively since OS 8.

--------------------
You are my precious thing
Thing of speed and beauty,
You are my precious thing
As long as you remain beneath me
-- Big Black
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #23
AS, your argument can be summarised thus:
Since a) I have used both Macs and machines running Windows
and b) I prefer Macs
and c) I>WORLD
logically Macs are the computers of choice of Allah/Yahweh/Ganesha/Mr. T and Microsoft is a horrible filth-encrusted entity which makes its money through child prostitution.

In my experience, crashing is as often due to the machine as it is to the operating system. I've known PCs which have never crashed and one which take around half an hour to boot up without crashing and whilst I haven't used Macs more than 5 times in my life, I have seen the beginnings of similar trends.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #24
I've been blessed with a good-enough machine. I can run my 10 applications 84 hours a day (leaving the machine on and sleeping without ever having to turn it off, letting my BitTorrent downloads continue), and it never *ever* crashed since I got it some time last June except for when I run Fallout, which for some odd reason decides to brutally sodomize the user whenever you try to quit. (One has to force quit from Finder instead. Avoidable.) In my case, a G4 is good enough. If your machine is "good enough", that's nice. I'm sure everyone else's machine is "good enough" as well. (This is obviously going to AS, who is mildly irritating at this point. -_-; )

--------------------

Pages