Please read and think about this... I implore you

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Please read and think about this... I implore you
Infiltrator
Member # 737
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Homocidal Godwhacker:

I can run my 10 applications 84 hours a day
Long days, eh? IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #26
The best way to crash a Mac frequently and repeatedly is to upgrade its system software. Takes a while to iron out the kinks.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Bob Mk2:

AS, your argument can be summarised thus:
Since a) I have used both Macs and machines running Windows
and b) I prefer Macs
and c) I>WORLD
logically Macs are the computers of choice of Allah/Yahweh/Ganesha/Mr. T and Microsoft is a horrible filth-encrusted entity which makes its money through child prostitution.

Wow, thanks for taking what I said completely out of proportion. I thought I was being pretty fair and trying to see both sides. Sorry if I'm getting mildly irritating. I'm pretty easy to get along with, and if you bought a windows pc yesterday I'm not saying you should burn it and assassinate Bill Gates, just that I contend most people might think a little differently about macs if they'd tried them first.

Originally written by HG:
Why is this being debated? The best way to go is to use free, open-source Linux OSes. I'd have one of them on my machine if I was well-versed enough to use it.

I agree. Linux RedHat 9.3 is sweet. Too bad it's even less recognized than macs.

Finally, I will leave you with my mantra concerning this subject. And so as to not continue to irritate people, this will be my last post on this topic.

Originally written by Aarrow Swift on August 13, 2003 9:58 PM:
So, in the end, I guess it's personal preference. But I think most people would prefer macs if it wasn't for the massive market for all things microsoft.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #28
RedHat is for tools. Ask any Linux user who can find their ass with both hands.

And no, you weren't 'seeing both sides'. You were just saying how awful Windows is as an OS and as hardware. I've used both sorts of machines, and I prefer Windows because I'm more familiar with it. I don't see anything in a Macintosh system that's superior enough to a Windows one to change.

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #29
Haven't had a single crash in the past one and a half years. And my PC runs almost 24/7.

--------------------
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 431
Profile #30
True, ef, some PCs don't crash at all. My PC hasn't crashed for a LONG time... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you (2)_files/tongue.gif)

Anyway, I only hope that this thread won't end up being another "Mac vs. PC" topic... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you (2)_files/rolleyes.gif)

--------------------
GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY TOMATO!
Warrior
Member # 3343
Profile #31
an actual quote from Bill Gates: (not really)

"I am Bill Gatus of Borg,

YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! YOU WILL BUY MICROSOFT!"

also

"DIE NETSCAPE!"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
My PC has run for ages (I got it at least 3 years ago) without crashing, and now it decides to give me a bluescreen about 4 times a week. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you (2)_files/frown.gif)

Oh yeah, and 84 hours *are* a pretty long day, I have to agree. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you (2)_files/tongue.gif)

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #33
Macs hurt my brain IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Please read and think about this___ I implore you (2)_files/frown.gif)
Myst 1 hurt my brain, though it could have been the outdated Mac computer.

I'll sign just so mac users can play the new myst if they want.

--------------------
"Wow, fish."
Hahahaha, I crack myself up.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #34
While we’re at it, lets demand a linux port!

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Warrior
Member # 3082
Profile #35
Signed it. I've got a PC, but I like the Mac's GUI. Also, if waiting 2 months for GF2 is nasty,I imagine waiting until someone decides to port Myst 4 (in, say, 2018) is about 180 times nastier. Pity that half the software people out there are Micro-serfs. I hate monopolies.

Pages