Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #50
There's a twisted moral tale in here somewhere. I try not to think too much about the moral implications of the SW games, because if you do think about it, it's rather disturbing. Nothing should explify this more than what I had to do in G4 as the Insidious Infiltrator to make the most powerful and able PC possible. The more you kill and steal, the better you get.

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator N:R Items The Lonely Celt A5 Items A5 Map
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #51
It seems like that would be found in a lot of RPGs and not just Spiderweb ones.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #52
I think Avernum 4 was the first time that we tried to list all the moral dilemmas that Jeff placed in the game. There were several pages of justifications and ways of making up for our actions.

As Romans the morality of killing these strange creatures fits in with the culture. The Celts have less justification since these are their allies.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #53
It's a pity Boots doesn't post here any more.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 8150
Profile #54
I was glad to see that as the Celts, the hags asked for something different - and I also thought it was cool to send me back to close to the start.

Sylak's bricks sure multiply fast, huh? I've tried dropping *large* stacks of the, but no effect - another trash item?

[That and the puzzle box, no big deal. But I'd like to be able to return the earrings!]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #55
quote:
Originally written by ewan:

Sylak's bricks sure multiply fast, huh? I've tried dropping *large* stacks of the(m), but no effect - another trash item?
They replicate AND you can't drop them? How could that be? I carried the bricks around a while. Nothing happened, so I put them down somewhere. What do you mean, "no effect?"

-S-

--------------------
A4 ItemsA4 SingletonG4 ItemsG4 ForgingG4 Infiltrator N:R Items The Lonely Celt A5 Items A5 Map
Apprentice
Member # 8150
Profile #56
Sorry - I was apparently imprecise.

'No effect' as in 'when I pile two hundred set sof bricks on one another, no magic wall appears' - nor any other effect, which was the best I could com up with as a guess (giving them to the Celts in the starting fort who talk about wall building).

Easily droppable. And I wouldn't expect that they would so totally duplicate the trash, so I assume that there is *some* use, but...

[I did enjoy playing dice in the Hollow Hills with Sylak's dice, though]
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #57
I think I can finish the game as Romans just fine w/out completing certain quests that I--not a Roman, so this is metathinking I guess--find morally repulsive. I don't have a problem killing things that attack me on sight in these games, but walking up to a non-hostile entity...I just can't stomach it. Cool loot is great and all, but I don't have to acquire everything.

In a way it's roleplaying. W/ the selkies, I had earlier saved the poor guy tied up and left to die. No way I'm going to do a 180 and start slaughtering them. It's too close to how I feel about seal hunters in the real world...

Anyway, this is just me. I don't mean to sound preachy or tell anyone else how they should play the game.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #58
Not at all, BenS. It's a nice way to play the game. When I first played Avernum 3, my first SW game, I didn't steal anything that wasn't mine. I was a very polite PC. A PC PC?

Thanks for clarifying about the bricks, ewan. Yeah, good thinking, that maybe if you collected enough and put them somewhere they'd do something. Maybe they are kind of an easter egg in that unless you do exactly the right thing with them, they won't demonstrate their amazingness.

Or maybe Jeff got less than mind-bendingly creative with Sylak item #14 and made it just like the Exuberant Trash and the Nourishing Bowl and the Dancing Cloth.

-S-

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 4500
Profile Homepage #59
I rousted Titus from his first lair and I'm at the Hall of the Lamp now. When I try to get through the only inner gate that seems to be possible to open, I get a message about proving myself and that the grove and the power of the great hunter will break the seal.

What do I need to do?

Mac

{edited} Never mind. I got it.

[ Saturday, June 09, 2007 17:53: Message edited by: Mac ]
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #60
Ok, finished game as Romans. Having played as both Celts & Romans, though, I never figured out what to do w/ the special item "puzzle box". Did this do anything for anyone??
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #61
Heh. A quick search on "puzzle box" via the UBB should answer that question.

In short, I think the answer is that it doesn't do anything.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #62
After years of inquiry and conjecture, Jeff gave the final word on the Puzzle Box and Pearlblossom's Necklace here.

-S-

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 6279
Profile #63
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

After years of inquiry and conjecture, Jeff gave the final word on the Puzzle Box and Pearlblossom's Necklace here.

-S-

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up (as best it could be).
Apprentice
Member # 8982
Profile #64
Hello. I've been playing Nethergate:Resurrection for a couple of days. I'm now waiting for my hint book to show up. I was wondering if anyone could drop me a few tips to tide me over. I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, and for some reason, whenever that happens, I end up playing a lot of Spiderweb games.

Questions:

How do you get the forest spirit or whatever to let you into that big spire? The plants keep turning me back.

In the big Galag dungeon, I've found my way over all of the first level and most of the second. But I know there is more to the dungeon. I also suspect that there may be a way to get to the platforms where the big ugly guys stand to toss rocks at the party, but I haven't found it. Is there a lower level, and if so, how do I get to it?

Also, I think I have the lost ball, but I can't find the boy who lost it.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #65
Welcome. You're not saying that Nethergate is a cure for your insomnia, are you?

Well, let's see here...

You won't be able to get into the Spire for some time, and you will know when you can, so don't worry about it too much just now.

There is more to Galag-Trav than you have yet found. It doesn't go down another level, but there are four secret areas to be found on level two, plus two more minor ones. Keep poking around. If you're out of patience, you can find them listed by general location in my NR Items list linked below. The list is basically full of spoilers of a sort, so don't look unless you're sure you want to. Also, there is a FAQ to the old NG game linked through the header in this forum, which is still useful for much of Resurrection for many more tips.

Do you remember where you found the lost ball? It's not far, as the crow files, from the boy who lost it.

-S-

[ Friday, June 15, 2007 21:28: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 8982
Profile #66
The game doesn't cure insomnia. That's what I do while waiting for the drugs to take effect. :) More seriously, these games have been a comfort to me in time of illness, which is why I keep spending money I don't have on them.

I found the secret areas in galag-trav, and I gave the ball back to the boy. Now I'm going to try to sleep. Thanks!
Apprentice
Member # 6605
Profile #67
In the Aranea portion of the Widow Spider's Maze there are two chests on a platform. How does one get up on the platform to open them?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #68
Enter the Maze of Thorns from the north side in the middle and go west. There is a hidden area in the northwest corner that has a mass of webs in the north end. Go into it and you wind up on the platform to get some nice loot for fighters.
Apprentice
Member # 6605
Profile #69
Found my own answer. The entrance is in the nw corner of the maze.
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #70
Roman Question:
How do you get the Rod of Safe Descent?

--------------------
Slarty: "Why don't we all just get along?"

The Mystic: "Vista is a funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #71
Same way the Celts do. Go to Galag-Trav and fight the fomorian chief on the lower level in the northwest hidden passage area. When you get a special item, you will know that Moonfire's quest from the Faerie Bazaar is done.
Apprentice
Member # 8955
Profile #72
I am playing as celts and seem to be blocked from going into Shadow Valley, so I can't get to the Abandoned Mine and do the Rose Lady quest. I have fought off a few Roman patrols, but now when I go south when "Near Shadow Valley" there is a message about Roman tracks, patrols, "You might get through, but it's far too risky. You back away." I have a total of 20 woodscraft across the party, thinking that might help but no dice.

Any tips?
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #73
Follow up some other quests first, then eventually you can get to that mine.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #74
Celts don't get to the Abandoned Mine until very late in the game. Those Roman patrols are there to keep you from getting an easy reward.

Pages