Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Insert Random Nethergate: Resurrection Questions Here
Warrior
Member # 1668
Profile #100
Being a Mr. Smartypants, I cleared out the Vale of the Sould before getting the Orim quest from Aidan.

Does anybody know (or know how to figure out) the sdf # to earn myself my rightful bounty for completing the Free Orim quest?

Many thanks...

--------------------
"Mongo only pawn in game of life" -- Mongo
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #101
The easiest way is to look for the script for the Temple of Brigante dlg.txt under Celts and read through it until you find the dialog regarding the quest. There will be a line giving the sdf flag being changed and what the new number is to have the quest done and what the reward for it is.
Apprentice
Member # 6681
Profile #102
quote:
Originally written by Hymneth:

quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Randomizer:

quote:
Step here again to revive the egg
Didn't Jeff mention on the forums once that Nethergate had an easter egg that no one ever found? Something about stepping in all the outdoor corners, or something similar? Does anyone remember something like that?

Dikiyoba.

Hello everybody.

I signed up just to say this, and I don't know if most people know where it is, but I blundered into the first spot you have to step on. It's a small patch of yellow mushrooms near the far west side of the valley in the woods north of the riven and south of the town. I think it types 'It Begins' or somesuch when you step on them.

Cheers

I discover second spot just north of Shadow walley fort. It is in the wood near the stone pillar by the north wall. It Types on message board "It continues."

Third spot is in the corner behind the entrance to the Goagh-Nar. It say "It's alive!!!!" and "(Step here again to revive the egg.)"
So if someone find the next spot please report.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #103
I think once you've stepped on all of those spots, the egg is active. The egg's effect is to change the quotes at the beginning of each chapter to silly ones for the rest of that session of play.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #104
Sorry if this has been posted before, but my current quest involves going to the Faerie castle in the SW corner of the map (Aethdoc?). Yet when I get there, the inner gate is closed to me. What am I missing?

[ Monday, September 24, 2007 08:30: Message edited by: Ming ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #105
There should be one inner gate open with the Romans going to the north wing and the Celts allowed into the south wing. Also there is an area to the west around the center where the Eye is stored that should be explored.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #106
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

There should be one inner gate open with the Romans going to the north wing and the Celts allowed into the south wing. Also there is an area to the west around the center where the Eye is stored that should be explored.
Thanks Randomizer I'll try that! It must've just appeared like there was no way to enter - perhaps I was trying the Roman gate (I'm playing Celt).
Apprentice
Member # 13350
Profile #107
Okay, I'm stuck trying to get Titus.

What the heck is the power of the grove? The great hunter is pretty clear (near the Faerie Bazaar, kill the wolf for the hunter), but I haven't found an obvious grove anywhere, really.

There are:
Little grove, west of the goblin pits (nothing special...)
Shady grove, near nethergate (just has herbs)
Spiral grove (nothing)
Grove of Bones (find the shades, seems the obvious one, but I did this quest and I still can't get in)

Or maybe it has something to do with the spiral horn, also found in a grove.

Which one is it? I've done everything in the game except kill the selkies, give the stones to Samuel (gave them to the Rose Lady), get all the shadow beasts, and retrieve the crown. I like to do absolutely every side quest possible before advancing storyline, and it really seems to me that I should be able to get somewhere...

--------------------
~Demon
Apprentice
Member # 13350
Profile #108
Well, I was tired of this bogusness, so I looked into the game scripts.

If you want in, you can set the following flags:

I searched for a little while, but I couldn't find any place where these variables were actually set. Go figure.

--------------------
~Demon
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #109
Titus is hiding in the Circle Warrens to the east of the road to the Hollow Hills before you cross the bridge. He then flees to another place to the north of the Faerie Bazaar.

I'm not sure what grove message you are refering to. The large grove south of Vanarium has druids guarding a patch of alchemical herbs. It's hard to find the path to them. Each grove of trees usually has something in it.
Apprentice
Member # 13350
Profile #110
When you go into the Hall of the Lamps and try to take the east path, you are blocked by ghosts unless you are Roman. If you take the west path, a message comes up saying "Prove Yourself: The power of the vale and the great hunter" or something similar. Not only is that a very vague "riddle," but there's no real indication whether you should have two items (the rewards from quests?), two flags set, or whichever.

I found Titus in his very first lair (where he summons snakes) and beat him, and then Harun said he went north... and there I am, the Hall of the Lamps. If there's somewhere else I need to go to beforehand, that would be odd because I'm pretty thorough at searching every inch of shadowvale.

--------------------
~Demon
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #111
As a Celt you cast the spell sever seal to go along the west path. As a Roman you can't cast spirit spells. This also allows you to reach a tablet in the Circle Warrens.
Apprentice
Member # 14117
Profile #112
I can't seem to find either pathway under the roman fort. I'm looking for three pillars on the overworld map, but it keeps eluding me. Any pointers to the general area?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #113
quote:
Originally written by gren90:

I can't seem to find either pathway under the roman fort. I'm looking for three pillars on the overworld map, but it keeps eluding me. Any pointers to the general area?
The path under the Roman fort isn't available until near the end. You need to have done Castle Aethdoc and reported back to Nethergate as the Celts before you get told about the path from the three pillars to sneak into the Roman controlled area.

The Romans don't get told until after Castle Aethdoc and returning to the Fort.

Welcome to Spiderware Software and please leave your sanity at the door. You'll never need it again.
Apprentice
Member # 14117
Profile #114
I've been told about the tunnels existence, but I think I'm just blind to finding them. I was just wondering where they are on the map in relation to other landmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #115
For the Celts, the first tunnel is along the mountains southeast of the goblin village. There is a message when you find the entrance near pillars. This leads to a spot inside the Roman fort valley. Go south and then east along the mountains towards the Fort to find the second entrance near a pillar. There are two spots that fit the description. Just watch for patrols.

The Romans get told that the path is entered from the storeroom where the uneven boards are.
Apprentice
Member # 14117
Profile #116
I feel so stupid, but I still can't find them. Can you post a screen shot or something? I've been up and down both of those mountains and no message has popped up.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #117
Try to follow the road to the Roman Fort, until you are told you can't go any further. Then just follow the cliff wall going west until you see three pillar shaped stones. The cliff wall surrounding the area around the Fort.
Apprentice
Member # 3865
Profile #118
several questions

1. what is the happy fun ball sylaks skull talks about?
2. what is the puzzle box for?
3. what are the dragon scales for?
4. can romans get into nethergate?
5. here is a secret area in the dragons lair that peircing sight reveals but i can't get into
6. how do you get back into gaag nar?
does anyone know these answers?

--------------------
you are such a good friend that if we were on a sinking ship and there was only one life jacket------i'd feel real bad and think of you often.
Apprentice
Member # 3865
Profile #119
also does any one know how to free the wolf in the crone caverns?

--------------------
you are such a good friend that if we were on a sinking ship and there was only one life jacket------i'd feel real bad and think of you often.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #120
quote:
Originally written by lifeguardernie:

several questions -

1. what is the happy fun ball sylaks skull talks about?
It's a joke.

quote:
2. what is the puzzle box for?
Jeff left it in for some purpose that some people claim he forgot. Jeff still maintains he had a reason for it. See here for the latest discussion and Jeff's response.
quote:
3. what are the dragon scales for?
Dragon scales are so the Celts can remove the Crone's curse at the Faerie Bazaar.
quote:
4. can romans get into nethergate?
Not without triggering autokill nodes and other strange things.
quote:
5. here is a secret area in the dragons lair that peircing sight reveals but i can't get into
There is a place for Reptakos' quest to the Celts to retrieve an item if you have the goblin with you. There is a second area that only opens with the goblin's help as a back entrance to the treasure area.
quote:
6. how do you get back into galag nar?
Only one trip once you finish the quest there so make sure you move all the loot outside the gate or secret door before doing the quest.[/QUOTE]

quote:
also does any one know how to free the wolf in the crone caverns?
There are 2 wolves, one attacks you and the other requires the key in the north part of the level. You have to walk on only one type of tiles to avoid losing the key and going to the basilisk area.

[ Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:45: Message edited by: Randomizer ]

Pages